• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm late but I love Jay cutler both as a player and a personality. I'm willing to bet he'll be great in the booth. I'm sure he'll be better than half the morons currently doing the job.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only thing I can think of is that the Jaguars are not yet seen to be a good team, and they might still be playing from behind a lot... But that has to change with Fournet on that team... you don't draft a RB with the 4th overall pick and not become a run first offense immediately... which if anything should decrease Robinson's targets significantly...- but it should raise his potential TD total!!!

so maybe it is all about TDs??

and don't forget that evans, who is still the number one receiver for TB, but TB revamped that offense... desean Jackson and OJ Howard are going to take targets away... and OJ Howard will likely take away some red zone chances for a TD...

So there is legitimate reason to believe that Robinson will increase his TD totals while Evans will decrease...

maybe...

This is going to lead to Evans having a down year too if that's the case. As for fantasy points, I prefer receivers with the yardage. a 30 yard receiver and a TD is not better than a 100 yard receiver without a TD. Even 60 and a TD is the same as a 120 yard receiver. How many TDs a game are we expecting from ARob?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to lead to Evans having a down year too if that's the case. As for fantasy points, I prefer receivers with the yardage. a 30 yard receiver and a TD is not better than a 100 yard receiver without a TD. Even 60 and a TD is the same as a 120 yard receiver. How many TDs a game are we expecting from ARob?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more than we are from Fleener

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that's right, i forgot. The early bird stayed up all night and into the morning, but the worm never came out, so Fleener is going to crush it

Sean Payton has slowly transitioned his offensive system to a two TE system. It did not work last year because Fleener was garbage, but look at his game log and see the targets he got. Also look at the kind of teams(until further notice) that were notable for TE targets.......Minnesota, GB, Chicago, NYJ, Miami, Buffalo, Washington, LA on top of Atlanta and Carolina in the division. Minnesota, Washington, and LA are tough secondaries for receivers, the TE becomes the factor. There's turnover from the jets and bills who were good secondaries against number one receivers last year but Revis is gone and the Ryans and Gilmore are gone. Chicago has Fuller and Atlanta has Trufant. GB just drafted a corner. Carolina's always been abused by tightends. Even Fleener had three TDs in his two games against them last year.

I'm not drafting him though I'm targeting a top TE.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Payton has slowly transitioned his offensive system to a two TE system. It did not work last year because Fleener was garbage, but look at his game log and see the targets he got. Also look at the kind of teams(until further notice) that were notable for TE targets.......Minnesota, GB, Chicago, NYJ, Miami, Buffalo, Washington, LA on top of Atlanta and Carolina in the division. Minnesota, Washington, and LA are tough secondaries for receivers, the TE becomes the factor. There's turnover from the jets and bills who were good secondaries against number one receivers last year but Revis is gone and the Ryans and Gilmore are gone. Chicago has Fuller and Atlanta has Trufant. GB just drafted a corner. Carolina's always been abused by tightends. Even Fleener had three TDs in his two games against them last year.

I'm not drafting him though I'm targeting a top TE.
Yeah, that's what i said, the bird, the worm, its all there

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at the kind of teams(until further notice) that were notable for TE targets.......Minnesota, GB, Chicago, NYJ, Miami, Buffalo, Washington, LA on top of Atlanta and Carolina in the division.
:scratch:
Jets were the worst team throwing to the TE, a paltry 6.7% of the time. Put another way, of the 550 passes the Jets attempted, only 21 went to the TE. The next-worst team was twice that, passing to the TE 14.1% of the time.

How often do we hear the term "take what the defense gives you?" You look at the list of teams you mentioned, and you can easily see that opposing defenses would gladly give them underneath shots to the TE vs the long ball. Other teams on the list have elite TE that just can't be defended well.

And many teams have a 2-TE system. But many of those 2-TE teams use the other TE to block. To say that the 2-TE system of the Saints didn't work - considering that the Saints owned the #1 offense in the NFL - is puzzling to me.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets were the worst team throwing to the TE, a paltry 6.7% of the time. Put another way, of the 550 passes the Jets attempted, only 21 went to the TE. The next-worst team was twice that, passing to the TE 14.1% of the time.

How often do we hear the term "take what the defense gives you?" You look at the list of teams you mentioned, and you can easily see that opposing defenses would gladly give them underneath shots to the TE vs the long ball. Other teams on the list have elite TE that just can't be defended well.

And many teams have a 2-TE system. But many of those 2-TE teams use the other TE to block. To say that the 2-TE system of the Saints didn't work - considering that the Saints owned the #1 offense in the NFL - is puzzling to me.

He has opinions that have no basis in fact. Nice of you to look up a few facts to prove that.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...didn't both of the Saints' TEs suck fantasy wise?

Who were the Saints TEs, anyway?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was talking about defense, its on the saints schedule, these teams.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has opinions that have no basis in fact. Nice of you to look up a few facts to prove that.

What? I was talking about those defenses against TEs. And the saints had Thomas, Cooks, Snead they were throwing to to have that number one offense. Also, it was Ingram's best year. Why don't you look at the game logs and see the targets and I am on the saints chats and forums during their games. I know a hell of a lot more about my team than you.

And since someone did not know who the TEs were, that's proof that you should keep your mouth shut about something you have know clue about other than what you hear on NFL network.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pisses me off when someone says I have no basis for my research. All I do is research. I didn't make the playoffs three straight times for nothing in my league.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pisses me off when someone says I have no basis for my research. All I do is research. I didn't make the playoffs three straight times for nothing in my league.
From what you've told us about your league. . Yeah, pretty much anyone could make the playoffs by doing nothing

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what you've told us about your league. . Yeah, pretty much anyone could make the playoffs by doing nothing

It's like a valedictorian in a class of retards

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? I was talking about those defenses against TEs. And the saints had Thomas, Cooks, Snead they were throwing to to have that number one offense. Also, it was Ingram's best year. Why don't you look at the game logs and see the targets and I am on the saints chats and forums during their games. I know a hell of a lot more about my team than you.

And since someone did not know who the TEs were, that's proof that you should keep your mouth shut about something you have know clue about other than what you hear on NFL network.
literally no one youve touted has done well, you need to be quite