• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fallout 76

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Storage is a pain in the ass. I am soooo pissed at the changes they made in this area.

For sure. It's gotten slightly better but camp limits suck because it really limits the potential and in regards to storage you're forced to get rid of so much valuable stuff to accommodate other items. But I guess that becomes part of the strategy.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. It's gotten slightly better but camp limits suck because it really limits the potential and in regards to storage you're forced to get rid of so much valuable stuff to accommodate other items. But I guess that becomes part of the strategy.
If the strategy is to get players to pay $13 a month, than I agree.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long do seasons last? Is getting through that track a legit expectation?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone still play? If so, my character name is “calsnowskier”. Hit me up.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather was absolute trash here today so I checked out The Pitt expansion. It's a good time. Pretty tough going solo. I'll get back into this in the winter.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather was absolute trash here today so I checked out The Pitt expansion. It's a good time. Pretty tough going solo. I'll get back into this in the winter.
I did the pit for the first time today. It is massive. I might do it solo tomorrow just so I can explore it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be doing the 79 run tonight (finally). This will open up a bunch of features in the game that I have been waiting on (Smiley and Reg are pretty important vendors).

I want to support Foundation over the Raiders, but I also want to split the treasure, and I can’t handle having Meg in my ear the whole quest. She has to be the worst NPC in the history of the franchise. So I think I will do the run with Foundation then “screw them over” with the split.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why make all these unique weapons (Fixer, All Rise, Crowd Control, etc) then give the player a tiny storage capacity that they have to sell/scrap these items? Why put the work into creating these items, them make it next to impossible for players to value acquiring them?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why make all these unique weapons (Fixer, All Rise, Crowd Control, etc) then give the player a tiny storage capacity that they have to sell/scrap these items? Why put the work into creating these items, them make it next to impossible for players to value acquiring them?

It's true, probably half my storage are unique weapons that I only use for certain missions/scenarios. That and missiles/mini nukes.

Been playing again and the alien invasion missions are pretty fun and it seems like they found some good use out of certain areas that were kind of no man's land previously.

Although when I initially stopped I was level 165 and thought I was hot shit. Guys are 1200+ now. That's dedication.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true, probably half my storage are unique weapons that I only use for certain missions/scenarios. That and missiles/mini nukes.

Been playing again and the alien invasion missions are pretty fun and it seems like they found some good use out of certain areas that were kind of no man's land previously.

Although when I initially stopped I was level 165 and thought I was hot shit. Guys are 1200+ now. That's dedication.
I was on a team with a 3800 and a 3100 the other day.

Thats just gross

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just bought the game yesterday and just touched the intro. Any advice before I venture off into the map?

You can never have enough steel and aluminum, you rip through them doing repairs and crafting.

Early on if you want ammo, there's a weight room in the Flatwoods Motel, get all of the weights and scrap them for lead. You'll need it when crafting ammo.

Other than that, if higher level players approach you don't run, they'll probably give you some supplies.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can never have enough steel and aluminum, you rip through them doing repairs and crafting.

Early on if you want ammo, there's a weight room in the Flatwoods Motel, get all of the weights and scrap them for lead. You'll need it when crafting ammo.

Other than that, if higher level players approach you don't run, they'll probably give you some supplies.
It is a surprisingly generous community. Griefing doesn’t really exist. When I played (I stopped a couple months ago), I would often go to the V76 entrance and drop a shitbag full of goodies for noobs.

Another tip…. Get to Whitesprings ASAP. In the main shop, make sure to check the register every time you are there. Players will often drop goodies in there. Also check the suitcases at the train stations as that is a drop spot for goodies as well.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, notice that there are a number of free-jump spots. Use these to help navigate the map at a significant discount.

Crater
Whitesprings
Nuka World
Vault 76
Foundation
Atlas
Rusty Pick

Also, friends and teammates, and their camps are all free travel points.