• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fallout 76

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could give a shit about beta. I don’t want to waste my time doing their work for them. If the game were free for beta users, than maybe. But I ain’t paying full price to do QA work.

There is no cost to play the beta, I only elected to pay for the game out right. Some will let you preorder for little as 5 dollars

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As revealed at the Fallout 76 panel broadcast during this year's Quakecon, Fallout 76 will feature a progression system that uses perk cards to build out a player's character. This is how it works: upon leveling up, a player earns a point to allocate to one of their SPECIAL abilities (Strength, Perception, Endurance, Intelligence, Agility, Luck). Players can then use perk cards they've gathered to assign to one of those abilities. Each perk card has a cost to use, however, with the number of points you've allocated to each SPECIAL ability being the cap to how many (and which) cards you'll be able to use.

You'll get to choose one perk card every time you level up, but Fallout 76 will also periodically reward you with a perk card pack that features four random cards. In a neat touch, each of these packs will also feature a joke and a piece of gum (which of course can be used within the game to stave off hunger, if only for a little while).

Perk card packs will be rewarded regularly at the beginning of your adventures in Fallout 76: they're given every two levels up to level 10, and then from every from levels earned from that point.

Sounds interesting

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As revealed at the Fallout 76 panel broadcast during this year's Quakecon, Fallout 76 will feature a progression system that uses perk cards to build out a player's character. This is how it works: upon leveling up, a player earns a point to allocate to one of their SPECIAL abilities (Strength, Perception, Endurance, Intelligence, Agility, Luck). Players can then use perk cards they've gathered to assign to one of those abilities. Each perk card has a cost to use, however, with the number of points you've allocated to each SPECIAL ability being the cap to how many (and which) cards you'll be able to use.

You'll get to choose one perk card every time you level up, but Fallout 76 will also periodically reward you with a perk card pack that features four random cards. In a neat touch, each of these packs will also feature a joke and a piece of gum (which of course can be used within the game to stave off hunger, if only for a little while).

Perk card packs will be rewarded regularly at the beginning of your adventures in Fallout 76: they're given every two levels up to level 10, and then from every from levels earned from that point.

Sounds interesting
Kinda sounds like the basis of micro transactions

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen bits and pieces of game play, it's going to be wild. Anybody doing the Beta?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I see, the more I am convincing myself to skip this one entirely.

What a horrible decision by Bethesda.

:L

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for now I'll pass.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took my preorder on this game and swapped it for RDR2

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took my preorder on this game and swapped it for RDR2
I hate to see Bethesda fail, but they really deserve it with this albatross. I hope they get the message and make the proper alterations to the game to appease its fan base.

EVERY other game that exists is mmo. Why did hey have to ruin the last great solo franchise?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did hey have to ruin the last great solo franchise?

I don't get the impression that they're NOT going to continue with the single player franchise, but I think the answer you're looking for is greed.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the impression that they're NOT going to continue with the single player franchise, but I think the answer you're looking for is greed.
That’s why I Hope this tanks. I don’t want them having any incentive to spend time in the future on a mmo FO title. If they must have micro transactions (Shelter apparently made hundreds of millions), I understand, but stay away from mmo!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even curious to check it out. MMO's scare the shit out of me, simply because I have way too many time-sinks as it is, and I don't need to go down that effing road too.

I hope that Bethesda gets back on track, but nowadays, it's hard to know. I wouldn't have seen Mass Effect tanking either. It may never been seen again. :(

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s why I Hope this tanks. I don’t want them having any incentive to spend time in the future on a mmo FO title. If they must have micro transactions (Shelter apparently made hundreds of millions), I understand, but stay away from mmo!

Unfortunately MMO's are the future. There's too much money to be made. Unless this is a total piece of crap they'll do fine. How is Skyrim on-line doing?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately MMO's are the future. There's too much money to be made. Unless this is a total piece of crap they'll do fine. How is Skyrim on-line doing?

I dunno. What'd RDR do in its first week? 3/4 of a billion? There's always going to be a market for good single player games.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope. MMO's ARE huge time sinks.
And if you don’t put in the time, you can’t compete. I like take my time. I am kinda like a dog going on a walk, checking every corner of every building looking for hidden gems. You can’t do that in a mmo.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you don’t put in the time, you can’t compete. I like take my time. I am kinda like a dog going on a walk, checking every corner of every building looking for hidden gems. You can’t do that in a mmo.

I agree 100%. The last MMO (sort of) I played was Diablo2 on-line which was fun for a while but the frenzy to get good stuff got boring before too long.

It's too bad because I definitely would have played Fallout 76 if it was single player somehow

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope. MMO's ARE huge time sinks.

Unless their pre-release was some kind of voodoo trick, the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 is going to sell a shit-ton of games too. So I think gaming companies are going to take note of that. Sure, MMO's or micro transactions are easy money, but just as EA how the microtransaction war has been going lately.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like survival games, but the buzz on this is pretty bad. I think it might flop big.