• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fall Rambling

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long time, no talk. Despite my inactivity on the forum , I still am following the Jazz this off season. I listen to David Locke's pod cast pretty regularly. I'm pretty fond of his work. He does give himself credit for calling things. For example, on draft day early he said there was no way Dante would be there at 5. Post draft, he said that if we were listening he was one of the first to see things shift. Or, that Dante would destroy summer league based on athleticism. Once into summer league he said, if we remember he (Locke) was the first to point out how defense and poor shooting would limit him in summer league. But these are little annoyances, and otherwise Locked on Jazz has been a must listen for me. So, if you have never listened, if say give him a week. He mentioned a Clint Petersen in his QA session. I wonder if that is clintonite from Espn chat.

I would say I am more interested in the jazz this year compared to last year. Primarily because of the new coach. Corbin was okay, but was not a dynamic mind. Everything was post first and with Favors and Kanter, the post was not our strength. I do give some credit to using Marvin to stretch 4, once it became clear that our two young bigs were non complimentary. It is interesting that our projected starting line up has both Kanter and Favors in it. If Kanter can't shoot at range, then we shall see how Quinn reacts. I an optimistic about Gobert this year. And having Booker as well give us some depth in the big man pool.

What do you guys think about Trey and Dante? It seems like Dante has dropped from the starting line up in most peoples depth charts. Even more feasible when compared to his role on the Australian national team. So, what if trey shows improvement? Kind of an interesting plot that will develop through the year.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for checking in. I will be back tonight to answer those questions. Hopefully the more knowledgeable Nuraman will chime in.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I an optimistic about Gobert this year.

Are you and your son going to do the French accent, whenever he plays during games, like you did last year?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about Trey and Dante?

I want them to both start at some point in the season. Hopefully soon, if Exum can reach a certain ability.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you and your son going to do the French accent, whenever he plays during games, like you did last year?

I think we will! I didn't get to watch him play against Spain, but I hear he was pretty awesome.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want them to both start at some point in the season. Hopefully soon, if Exum can reach a certain ability.

Neither seem to be able to shoot though, so it could be tough.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I made a gmail account. I guess Locke is supposed to have a forum for chats on his site. I haven't explored that too much yet. Locke referenced two of Clint's questions today.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a gmail account. I guess Locke is supposed to have a forum for chats on his site. I haven't explored that too much yet. Locke referenced two of Clint's questions today.

He told me yesterday that his texts get read on air everyday now.

Several years ago, he used to tell me whenever they'd get read, which was about once very few weeks. Now he's a regular.