• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons Pre Game

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so far we have gotten little from this draft class and we passed on CBS who are performing better

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any confidence that these guys are being put in positions to win. I don't know if we are seeing bad players or bad coaching. Why would JDR go to man instead of the zone match he employed successfully. It just seems like there is so much that is wrong ... more than there should be.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty stupid to label him anything after only a few pro games.keep it up and he,ll make snyder look good in firing him.
I don't disagree with Gruden's assessment, however, his vision of what makes a player a "franchise QB" is far different than mine. Interestingly, some people will call QBs the franchise guy simply because he offers stability in the position. OTOH others will use that label on QBs if they win games and give the team a chance to make the playoffs. It is confusing to see people settle for "good enough" when the goal every year is to win it all. To that end, the franchise QB must be the generational type whom the team was built around or one who can come in and become a highly efficient trigger on the already-built team. Lacking either of those scenarios, you may have stability and you might be the type of team that can make it to the playoffs as their high point but in either case, the burning question becomes... to what end?

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with Gruden's assessment, however, his vision of what makes a player a "franchise QB" is far different than mine. It's interesting that some people will call QBs the franchise guy simply because he offers stability at the position. OTOH others will use that label on QBs if they win games and give the team a chance to make the playoffs. It is confusing to see people settle for "good enough" when the goal each and every year is to win it all. To that end, the franchise QB must be the generational type whom the team was built around or one who can come in and become a highly efficient trigger on the already-built team.
Gruden at least had 2 winning seasons in his first 3 years. Right Dean?

I have said it a million times and hopefully it catches on as a mantra.

Good is not good when better is expected.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can literally see it in real-time as we look at the constitution of a team and predict game-to-game and seasonal outcomes. Why then are we surprised to see mediocre teams win and lose games or occasionally make it to the playoffs? Hope is a wonderful thing but it becomes a delusion when it is the guiding principle every year by fans, followers, and supporters. To paraphrase Socrates... Strong teams discuss championships, average teams discuss possibilities, and weak teams discuss dysfunction.

( the actual quote... "Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and weak minds discuss people")

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can literally see it in real-time as we look at the constitution of a team and predict game-to-game and seasonal outcomes. Why then are we surprised to see mediocre teams win and lose games or occasionally make it to the playoffs? Hope is a wonderful thing but it becomes a delusion when it is the guiding principle every year by fans, followers, and supporters. To paraphrase Socrates... Strong teams discuss championships, average teams discuss possibilities, and weak teams discuss dysfunction.

( the actual quote... "Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and weak minds discuss people")
I lost it last year when weekly threads were posted almost hoping for players to be out-of the game so we would have a better chance at winning.
Deshaun Watson was the main one.

Same with posts praying for the following 10 teams need to lose so we can sneak into the playoffs.
Lastly the hope of "anything can happen, you never know" mentality drove me up the wall.

I don't want to hear about sneaking into the playoffs, hoping other star players can't play in a game, and how anything is possible if we just get our foot in the door. Those comments scream mediocrity and lack confidence.
It all screams mediocrity to do mental math in efforts to identify the bare minimum of games we need to win to have Rivera stay. Why a fan base would worry about losing a coach who hasn't had a winning season in 5 years speaks volumes.
If this was the eagles, cowboys, and giants, we would laughing and starting threads titled "This is funny" making fun of the ineptness of their organization.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost it last year when weekly threads were posted almost hoping for players to be out-of the game so we would have a better chance at winning.
Deshaun Watson was the main one.

Same with posts praying for the following 10 teams need to lose so we can sneak into the playoffs.
Lastly the hope of "anything can happen, you never know" mentality drove me up the wall.

I don't want to hear about sneaking into the playoffs, hoping other star players can't play in a game, and how anything is possible if we just get our foot in the door. Those comments scream mediocrity and lack confidence.
It all screams mediocrity to do mental math in efforts to identify the bare minimum of games we need to win to have Rivera stay. Why a fan base would worry about losing a coach who hasn't had a winning season in 5 years speaks volumes.
If this was the eagles, cowboys, and giants, we would laughing and starting threads titled "This is funny" making fun of the ineptness of their organization.
Perhaps it's some form of Stockholm Syndrome?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol. If we win 9 games this year, is it an overachievement?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. If we win 9 games this year, is it an overachievement?
You laugh at the most bizarre things Dean. How is what I said funny?

We are in year 4 of the Rivera dictatorship....under a competent front office and good head coach, no, 9 wins would not be an overachievement.
Your protectionism surrounding Rivera is mind-numbing.

You even said the following about a GM. Have you changed your mind?

12/28/19: Why can't we get a real GM?

You were jumping up and down about Rivera after he was hired. Have you changed your mind?
12/31/19:
It's a great hire. We are very lucky to get this guy. Its a good start!

Lastly, you yourself admitted that it doesn't need to be a 3-5 year rebuild...BUT that is what Rivera is exactly trying to do. Have you changed your mind?
3/1/20:
It doesn't have to be a 3-5 year wait to become a winning team.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You laugh at the most bizarre things Dean. How is what I said funny?

We are in year 4 of the Rivera dictatorship....under a competent front office and good head coach, no, 9 wins would not be an overachievement.
Your protectionism surrounding Rivera is mind-numbing.

You even said the following about a GM. Have you changed your mind?

12/28/19: Why can't we get a real GM?

You were jumping up and down about Rivera after he was hired. Have you changed your mind?
12/31/19:
It's a great hire. We are very lucky to get this guy. Its a good start!

Lastly, you yourself admitted that it doesn't need to be a 3-5 year rebuild...BUT that is what Rivera is exactly trying to do. Have you changed your mind?
3/1/20:
It doesn't have to be a 3-5 year wait to become a winning team.

So, you are saying no to 9 wins as being an overachievement this year. Thats all i needed to know. Thanks.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps it's some form of Stockholm Syndrome?
I think you could be right.
Like Skinsdad said, we should be aiming for NFC titles....not simply sneaking into the playoffs.

Your focus becomes a reality often.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you are saying no to 9 wins as being an overachievement this year. Thats all i needed to know. Thanks.
And you need to answer my questions instead of dodging them. I already answered yours.