• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fairley gone now too.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on price of contract and production (for the Rams). Is Bradford the biggest draft bust of all time?

Jamarcus Russell? He was good for only the purple juice.

Bradford at least returned Foles.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but Russell threw 70 yards on his knees. He was worth every dime on that video.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is turning what 27. Looks to me like hes just hitting his prime. We know he clearly has the arm and talent. I dont expect him to be peyton manning because hes not but I do expect him to consistently be a top five qb the next five years. If he isnt, I will gladly admit Im wrong.
Starting QBs that are younger:
TeddyBridgewater
Derek Carr
Blake Bortles
Johnny Foosball
EJ Manuel
Geno Smith
Nick Foles
Zack Mettenberger
Ryan Mallet
RG3
Ryan Tannehill
Cam Newton
Russell Wilson
Andrew Luck
(Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota)

QBs that are less than a year older:
Andy Dalton
Sam Bradford
Colin Kaepernick

QBs who are more than a year older and clearly better:
Everyone else but Carson Palmer and Jay Cutler.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half the teams in the league will have a younger starting QB next year.

Seems strange, doesn't it?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. Are we talking about the fat, lazy piece of shit that will never do more than he absolutely has to? Or are we talking about the rich kid, who will do everything in his power to win, so long as it doesn't cut into his party time?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. Are we talking about the fat, lazy piece of shit that will never do more than he absolutely has to? Or are we talking about the rich kid, who will do everything in his power to win, so long as it doesn't cut into his party time?
Staff is a married man now, his partying days are behind him imo. And he moved full time to Detroit to improve in the offseason and to "be a part of the city". I feel he wants to lead this franchise to better times. Doesn't mean he will succeed, but I think he's trying. Can't fault the guy for that. He gets faulted for enough from this board as it is.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also rather have that older QB than the majority of that pathetic looking list. Wilson and Luck(maybe Cam) are the only ones I'd want if we didn't have Staff. The rest can get bent. ;)

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also rather have that older QB than the majority of that pathetic looking list. Wilson and Luck(maybe Cam) are the only ones I'd want if we didn't have Staff. The rest can get bent. ;)

I wouldn't give Cam a maybe. He's just a taller, smilier Jay Cutler.

Not sold on Wilson, either. When he loses a step, it could be over. But until someone in the Squawks org. figures out what a WR looks like, I can,t ring the gong.

I'd take Luck right this fucking minute.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't give Cam a maybe. He's just a taller, smilier Jay Cutler.

Not sold on Wilson, either. When he loses a step, it could be over. But until someone in the Squawks org. figures out what a WR looks like, I can,t ring the gong.

I'd take Luck right this fucking minute.
The only reason I'd take Cam is b/c he is that big body and when he takes off, he's tough to bring down. I don't think he has great touch, jmo, so that's probably why I wouldn't take him.

As for Wilson, he really just seems to have a knack for making plays.

Luck, well, nothing really to argue against there.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob, what seems weird to me, is that we're in lockstep on Suh, and at opposite poles on Fairley.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob, what seems weird to me, is that we're in lockstep on Suh, and at opposite poles on Fairley.

I don't mind losing Fairley if we keep Suh. But my big thing w Fairley is that the Lions failed him. They knew they were drafting a monster who needed to be matured, and instead of maturing him, he left Detroit the same uninspired fat monster that he came in as. Just like Stafford is the same dude he was 7 years ago.

More than that, it's the whole giant shitty fucking Mayhew portfolio I'm tired of. Losing Suh just slammed it shut for me.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that the immature players that we had were allowed to be immature under Schwartz but Caldwell is bent on making them accountable, making them mature. It took Mayhew not exersizing Fairley's option and Caldwell benching him to get his attention but I think he's more mature after last season. And I don't think for a second that Stafford is the same guy as he was coming out of college and he never seemed particularly immature to me.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB, I mean Stafford is the same player. Hasn't really evolved. Same w Fairley. Same w a lot of Lions during this era.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the Browns offered a 19th overall pick for Bradford! Mayhew needs to be cleaning out his junk drawer to find someone he wants to cut that the Browns would overpay for!

Hey Tulloch you would love the season changes in Cleveland!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God did Mayhew fuck this poor young man up...

The Rams are concerned about DT Nick Fairley being underweight.

Fairley has a history of conditioning issues, but needs to bulk up after dropping to 280 pounds this offseason. "Nick’s changed his lifestyle, changed his diet," coach Jeff Fisher said. "We’re trying to get some weight back on him. He’s worked hard the last couple of weeks."

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God did Mayhew fuck this poor young man up...

The Rams are concerned about DT Nick Fairley being underweight.

Fairley has a history of conditioning issues, but needs to bulk up after dropping to 280 pounds this offseason. "Nick’s changed his lifestyle, changed his diet," coach Jeff Fisher said. "We’re trying to get some weight back on him. He’s worked hard the last couple of weeks."
He musta quit road drinking on weekdays.

Easy to do when you aren't a Lion.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if Fairley is really productive next year beside Donald, it will mean that possibly he can make players around him better than Suh can?

Donald is the best DT at the moment IMO in the league. Neither him or Suh could elevate Fairleys game. I'm so glad that was one move Mayhew did not make. He was a POS 1st rounder and still is with a second awesome defense around him.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't it Suh that folded Fairley in half and put him out with an injury for the rest of last season?

Not sure?
Fairley had one decent season and it wasnt last season, prolly his last though