• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fairley gone now too.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Fairley sack Stafford 3 times when the Lions play the Rams this year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a one year prove it deal. So apparently nobody wanted to go long term with him.

So it was not just the Lions not trusting him.

Reggie Bush visiting Patriots. Hope they sign him just so I can hear about how much smarter the Lions are than the Champs, for letting him go.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mayhew is a idiot on most days. I just can't hammer him for every move made. You love Fairley, so it is a terrible move. However, 31 other GMs can't be wrong also...

You love Reggie Bush also, and want him to play in 12 games for us next year. I will take a guy who can give 16.

It seems you pay attention to the whole league Rob, this is what the Pats do every year. Grab a couple guys from the scrap heap and make it work. I had not really heard Bush's name thrown around in the RB frenzy last few days. So I guess many GMs are feeling the same way on him too.

dengel6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Now that he's gone, Detroit can concentrate on the 2015 draft. A lot of good prospect coming into the league.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand your argument, Gandy. We're 31 other teams right about all the Lions FA? Doesn't work that way.

Shit move losing Fairley. Shit move not exercising his 5th year when they hsd the chance to lose Suh.
400-lb men can't move 15 feet three times in four hours.

He's down to 280. Rams want him to bulk up. Mayhews obsession with this guys weight is just another screw up. Fisher will turn Nick into a stud then reap the benefits on a long term contract.

Fairley deserves better than how he was treated here. Mayhew will never draft another DT as talented .

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno lions let fairley walk and he signed a one year deal? Geezus the lions couldn't have signed him for one year? That's a low.risk high reward contract, good for rams I guess. Fairley is a beast.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely revolting. Good luck in Horns, Nick.

I don't understand your disappointment in losing Fairley. He spent his entire career next to the guy you think is the most dominant defensive player in the league and what did he have to show for it? Nothing. He has been a total disappointment.

The fact that the team who signed him only offered a one deal with incentives that are 50% of the base salary says a ton about the player. They want an easy out if he disappoints and threw a big incentive after him hoping that will generate results. That's not the type of player that teams want.

The guy actually got less than what his original rookie deal would have paid him (excluding the incentives) despite being a free agent in an environment where spending is through the roof. Not sure what more proof you need to see that you value him much more than all 32 teams (including the one who signed him) do.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After not getting the option, IMO he had a high asking price for Detroit. Same as Suh. Did he even want to be here? Maybe had a high price to force Mayhew to pass.? Never know? For as bad as it seems from some of you, it is a wonder anyone stays.

As I have said. I feel he is a idiot also. I am starting to wonder if you guys just want harp on every move regardless. Some are as bad as MikeD with Ebron as yall are with Mayhew

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand your disappointment in losing Fairley. He spent his entire career next to the guy you think is the most dominant defensive player in the league and what did he have to show for it? Nothing. He has been a total disappointment.

The fact that the team who signed him only offered a one deal with incentives that are 50% of the base salary says a ton about the player. They want an easy out if he disappoints and threw a big incentive after him hoping that will generate results. That's not the type of player that teams want.

The guy actually got less than what his original rookie deal would have paid him (excluding the incentives) despite being a free agent in an environment where spending is through the roof. Not sure what more proof you need to see that you value him much more than all 32 teams (including the one who signed him) do.

Tired of hearing this 31 other teams stuff. Fairley's agent is a genius to shop him to strong defensive minds who'll help him cash in next year. Furthermore why is it always a solid signing when the Lions grab someone but when we don't sign someone it's because they're so smart?

Lions fucked up. They fuck up most everything. Don't tell him this is an exception. He has injury questions. I get that but he's better than anyone they'll get to replace him.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairly is a huge risk with huge upside. The Rams at least did a good job by not overcompensating. Lions were probably offering more initially, but Fairly most likely thought he would cash in with free agency. Lions got frustrated and gave up. When Fairly realized there were no takers, he settled for what little he could get.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if Fairley is really productive next year beside Donald, it will mean that possibly he can make players around him better than Suh can?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairley = Mosley

The Lions had no drop off after Fairley went out. Having Suh next to you should make any DT better. I can't trust a guy that had a good year in a contract season and has not produced otherwise.

Fairley has a great deal of potential but at some point you have to realize it instead of paying for it. I think most think it was bad letting him go when they have not replaced him. sign Peae, Odrick, or Melton and no one gives a shit.

I got a great idea trade Ebron for Donald!

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairley = Mosley

The Lions had no drop off after Fairley went out. Having Suh next to you should make any DT better. I can't trust a guy that had a good year in a contract season and has not produced otherwise.

Fairley has a great deal of potential but at some point you have to realize it instead of paying for it. I think most think it was bad letting him go when they have not replaced him. sign Peae, Odrick, or Melton and no one gives a shit.

I got a great idea trade Ebron for Donald!
Good season in a contract year? You mean the 1 sack and 14 tackles?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good season in a contract year? You mean the 1 sack and 14 tackles?

1/2 season and he was playing well. Stats didn't tell the whole story he was occupying Olineman and letting the LBs do their job. I can't fault his injury but Mosley stepped in and didn't miss a beat.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be awesome to see him out do 2014s production in one game!

New scheme, half a season and it was Suh that took him out. He paid his dues and the Wonder Twins wrote him off... I think he'll be motivated if he's not injured.