• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fairley gone now too.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1/2 season and he was playing well. Stats didn't tell the whole story he was occupying Olineman and letting the LBs do their job. I can't fault his injury but Mosley stepped in and didn't miss a beat.

Double those stats JD. Two sacks, 28 tackles... I Wanted to see him meet his potential but he never did, ever...
He was overweight, over hyped, and He underachieved.
He had very few suitors for a reason. A career backup mirrored his stats.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New scheme, half a season and it was Suh that took him out. He paid his dues and the Wonder Twins wrote him off... I think he'll be motivated if he's not injured.
Are you mocking me by calling them The Wonder Twins or have you seen the error of you way from our past discussions?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have given Fairley what he got from STL. It's too bad but he has a lot to prove. Obviously the entire league felt the same way so I really don't have a problem with it.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Fairley.
He was a top 15 draft pick that never had one season that lived up to that draft status.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a top 15 draft pick that never had one season that lived up to that draft status.

The other way to look at this is that the bar was set way too high for him when drafted. Based on his productivity and health over his career, he seems to fit a high risk label. His draft spot was a gamble that did not pay off as handsomely as hoped for. Good luck to him, maybe a change of scenery will be what finally motivates him.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other way to look at this is that the bar was set way too high for him when drafted. Based on his productivity and health over his career, he seems to fit a high risk label. His draft spot was a gamble that did not pay off as handsomely as hoped for. Good luck to him, maybe a change of scenery will be what finally motivates him.
Actually I thought he was a projected top 5 pick? Then he kept falling and it seemed a no-brainer to take him at 13(I think that's where we got him). Obviously, in retrospect his weight and work ethic were right to be questioned.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I thought he was a projected top 5 pick? Then he kept falling and it seemed a no-brainer to take him at 13(I think that's where we got him). Obviously, in retrospect his weight and work ethic were right to be questioned.

Yes, he was 13th pick. He was a high risk high reward guy IMO. I remember some still questioning the pick due to work ethic in college. For a guy who fell to the Lions I accepted the risk.

He was in the first class with new rookie CBA. Drafting kids with risk is not as costly now. Winston does not pan out for someone and yes you wasted a pick, but not at Sam Bradford's cost.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you mocking me by calling them The Wonder Twins or have you seen the error of you way from our past discussions?

Lol... if you knew me from CBS you would've known I'm not a fan of the front office... since you have no idea about the meaning behind the Wonder Twins, you took it upon yourself to try and make me look like a fool. I don't need any help at being a Jester.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real Wonder Twins could join forces and make a DT in the form of King Kong Suh...

Wonder twin powers activate. BAM

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Bush visiting Patriots. Hope they sign him just so I can hear about how much smarter the Lions are than the Champs, for letting him go.

Oh they let him go to. Left with out even a offer.

Went from one dumpster fire to another in San Fran.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had his work ethic been there and his character been intact, he would have never made it to Detroit at #13. He was a top 5 talent. His expectation were not too high at all.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he was 13th pick. He was a high risk high reward guy IMO. I remember some still questioning the pick due to work ethic in college. For a guy who fell to the Lions I accepted the risk.

He was in the first class with new rookie CBA. Drafting kids with risk is not as costly now. Winston does not pan out for someone and yes you wasted a pick, but not at Sam Bradford's cost.

Hmmm, I can't agree with that. If Winston doesn't work out, it won't cost the Bucs as much money but Lovie Smith and Jason Licht wil be looking for employment elsewhere. It will be very, very costly.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, I can't agree with that. If Winston doesn't work out, it won't cost the Bucs as much money but Lovie Smith and Jason Licht wil be looking for employment elsewhere. It will be very, very costly.

Not talking about the coaches or GMs and there risk. Just money. Anyway Mayhew has no risk in any move. Ford's have no accountability.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know I never explain the way my noodle is thinking. Huge difference if Suh and Fairley were reversed in production after drafting money wise. Risk is lower now after smaller investment for early picks.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on price of contract and production (for the Rams). Is Bradford the biggest draft bust of all time?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Stafford. Year 15 is where you see what you've had in a QB.

Stafford is turning what 27. Looks to me like hes just hitting his prime. We know he clearly has the arm and talent. I dont expect him to be peyton manning because hes not but I do expect him to consistently be a top five qb the next five years. If he isnt, I will gladly admit Im wrong.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on price of contract and production (for the Rams). Is Bradford the biggest draft bust of all time?

Prolly could say yes when looking at money verse production. There have been many busts to get paid immensely with nothing to show for.

Now when Ryan Leaf got paid the dollar amount was high for that time period.