• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FA & Draft needs

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL OL OL and maybe a LB but our biggest need is the O - line 1st and foremost.

Everything else needs to come 2nd.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL OL OL and maybe a LB but our biggest need is the O - line 1st and foremost.

Everything else needs to come 2nd.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

On our current roster we have LFB and Perry Riley starting at LB. LFB needs to retire and Riley is in the last year of his contract. Our #1 backup coming into this season is on the IR for the second straight season without playing a game.

Our QB, while being very athletic and having the ability to escape some pressure, he lacks the ability to move within the pocket or just make subtle movements to avoid pressure. Our QB hold the ball too long and thinks he is much more athletic than people...just like he was on previous levels. He fails to realize that everybody at this stage is athletic.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L
You have no idea what you are talking about.

On our current roster we have LFB and Perry Riley starting at LB. LFB needs to retire and Riley is in the last year of his contract. Our #1 backup coming into this season is on the IR for the second straight season without playing a game.

Our QB, while being very athletic and having the ability to escape some pressure, he lacks the ability to move within the pocket or just make subtle movements to avoid pressure. Our QB hold the ball too long and thinks he is much more athletic than people...just like he was on previous levels. He fails to realize that everybody at this stage is athletic.

I'm getting a little tired of your disparaging remarks, we're not all going to think the same when it comes to what's best for the team but I think we can all agree that we want what's best.
If you want to attack me for my comments fine but I'm still going to give my opinion based on What I see and for the record I don't think Griffin holds the ball too long, sometimes he does but all QB'S do, it's a fast game, our line breaks down constantly, especially up the middle, he almost never has time to stand in the pocket without getting hammered and obviously our receivers have a hard time getting separation. He can never get into a rhythm and to me that's a not just bad pass protection but bad game planning.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

I'm getting a little tired of your disparaging remarks, we're not all going to think the same when it comes to what's best for the team but I think we can all agree that we want what's best.
If you want to attack me for my comments fine but I'm still going to give my opinion based on What I see and for the record I don't think Griffin holds the ball too long, sometimes he does but all QB'S do, it's a fast game, our line breaks down constantly, especially up the middle, he almost never has time to stand in the pocket without getting hammered and obviously our receivers have a hard time getting separation. He can never get into a rhythm and to me that's a not just bad pass protection but bad game planning.

I backed up my statement with fact...you are backing yours with emotion.
We don't have a starting ILB under contract for next season and you think our first priority has to be OL-OL-OL. Those were your words.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also don't have a starting safety or cornerback under contract for next year (I guess Amerson might qualify as a starter). We need to fill those holes immediately. I expect we will re sign Riley, hall, and maybe merriweather rather quickly but then do some shopping before we act on Wilson, barnett, biggers and doughty.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also don't have a starting safety or cornerback under contract for next year (I guess Amerson might qualify as a starter). We need to fill those holes immediately. I expect we will re sign Riley, hall, and maybe merriweather rather quickly but then do some shopping before we act on Wilson, barnett, biggers and doughty.

I agree 100% with you.

I do believe Amerson is a starter and has played well this season.

I also expect to sign Riley, Hall, and Merriweather. I think we will sign Doughty as well though.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the defense is going to need a major overhaul

i think we need 2 new safeties and i would let merriweather walk as well as wilson and biggers

i would reluctantly resign hall

we need a new ILB and 2 , 2 gap de's

we should keep rambo , thomas and doughty . bring in 2 new safeties and let them compete

we will need 2 tall , physical cbs to go with hall amerson chase and then let them compete

and we need a DC who runs an aggressive less predictable 3-4

if we have resources left then fill in some o/line gaps and a couple of Wrs

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a pretty good plan there Dad.

Any thoughts on some of the guys we should go after in the draft. I have heard (G) Yankey and (ILB) Skov from Stanford mentioned, and I like those guys. Putting in my homer glasses, but how about Kyle Fuller (CB). Guy is a straight up baller and one of the best tackling DBs I have ever seen, he is solid in coverage too. Ed Stinson (DE) plays a 3-4 at 'Bama I believe. I don't know enough about what type of OL schemes different college teams play to know who would be a good fit.

But I like ILB and CB with the first two picks. Fill some holes in the lines and maybe a CB/S/WR with FA if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a pretty good plan there Dad.

Any thoughts on some of the guys we should go after in the draft. I have heard (G) Yankey and (ILB) Skov from Stanford mentioned, and I like those guys. Putting in my homer glasses, but how about Kyle Fuller (CB). Guy is a straight up baller and one of the best tackling DBs I have ever seen, he is solid in coverage too. Ed Stinson (DE) plays a 3-4 at 'Bama I believe. I don't know enough about what type of OL schemes different college teams play to know who would be a good fit.

But I like ILB and CB with the first two picks. Fill some holes in the lines and maybe a CB/S/WR with FA if possible.

it will depend on free agency but as far as the draft goes im think we should target our needs as mentioned above , see if that player has value at the spot we are at . if he does then pick him if not simply take the BPA at any position

i think we did that with reed this last draft and with KC the prior one and i think it worked out well

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good friend/co worker/Steelers fan and I were talking the other day and he said that is how Cowher built them into what they were, drafting BPA at a position of need (and sometimes not even a position of need). Not many of Cowher's guys are left.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good friend/co worker/Steelers fan and I were talking the other day and he said that is how Cowher built them into what they were, drafting BPA at a position of need (and sometimes not even a position of need). Not many of Cowher's guys are left.

well a lot of people on this board are staunch BPA guys and gals and others are draft for need

i believe it is a combination of both

you do your draft board in the BPA format

you target your needs, if a need is there and its close to your board and it has value for the spot you pick the need

if it doesnt and you can pick the need at a better value spot , you go with the BPA regardless of where he plays

a once in a lifetime player you cant pass on you have to take him

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the defense is going to need a major overhaul

i think we need 2 new safeties and i would let merriweather walk as well as wilson and biggers

i would reluctantly resign hall

we need a new ILB and 2 , 2 gap de's

we should keep rambo , thomas and doughty . bring in 2 new safeties and let them compete

we will need 2 tall , physical cbs to go with hall amerson chase and then let them compete

and we need a DC who runs an aggressive less predictable 3-4

if we have resources left then fill in some o/line gaps and a couple of Wrs

We need 7 new starters period. I am not saying we need 7 Pro-Bowlers or 7 elite players, but we need starters who would be upgrades of course. Not sure if it can be done and I am not advocating signing each player Vinny-style. In order of importance:

1. ILB
2. Free Safety
3. CB
4. Center
5. RG
6. WR
7. Punter

After the NEEDS list, the WANTS list is:

8. DE
9. Strong Safety
10. RT

As usual, we have our work cut out for us. Good luck to the Front Office.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need 7 new starters period. I am not saying we need 7 Pro-Bowlers or 7 elite players, but we need starters who would be upgrades of course. Not sure if it can be done and I am not advocating signing each player Vinny-style. In order of importance:

1. ILB
2. Free Safety
3. CB
4. Center
5. RG
6. WR
7. Punter

8. DE
9. Strong Safety
10. RT

As usual, we have our work cut out for us. Good luck to the Front Office.

i think the offensive needs , are secondary at this point to the awful defense our o/line is good enough for another season and the wrs too . the offense is top 6 2 years running with these flaws

the defense is in the 30's the last 2 years (maybe 3) and we arent winning anything if that isnt corrected period

a full draft in 2015 will go a long ways to fixing the interior of the o/line

it may suck but that is my opinion

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. ILB
2. Free Safety
3. CB We don't need another starter here unless you mean we have to sign Hall
4. Center
5. RG We need to replace Montgomery. He's in charge of protections and our OL can't pick up an interior blitz. We only need to replace one interior lineman.
6. WR We don't need a starting WR.
7. Punter

8. DE
9. Strong Safety
10. RT

As usual, we have our work cut out for us. Good luck to the Front Office.[/QUOTE]

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. LB - Trade for Poz
2. CB - Some good FA's out there
3. FS - Draft
4. OL - Draft
5. WR - FA and Draft but not till 4th rd.

I rather trade Cousins to a team for a proven starter rather then a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Really wish we could get LB Posluszny for Cousins and I would actually give up a late rd pick plus Cousins for Poz.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agents to sign and go into the draft selecting best player available and we will be set next year
1.Jon Asamoah - OG
2.Eugene Monroe - RT
3.Wesley Woodyard- LB
4.Aqib Talib - CB

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there goes our 32M. You realize we have like 15 of our own that are FAs that we have to sign or replace. Of the $32M, that's going to eat up about half of it, depending on what we do with RAK and Hall. Those 2 alone might account for 13-15M.

This is one of the things I've been preaching for a while. $32M is great but its not as much as you might think given the high number of FAs we have next year on our team. It, by no means, is enough to solve all of our issues.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there goes our 32M. You realize we have like 15 of our own that are FAs that we have to sign or replace. Of the $32M, that's going to eat up about half of it, depending on what we do with RAK and Hall. Those 2 alone might account for 13-15M.

This is one of the things I've been preaching for a while. $32M is great but its not as much as you might think given the high number of FAs we have next year on our team. It, by no means, is enough to solve all of our issues.

look at my "options for next year" thread and it shows how to get more money and guys we can pick up

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it under its own thread cause I don't see it?