• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FA & Draft needs

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rotoworld says he is a 2014 free agent so you are right

Hopeful and possible free agent targets for us to pursue:

Center = Alex Mack
RG = Jon Asamoah
Safety = TJ Ward
WR = Eric Decker
CB = Sam Shileds
ILB = Brandon Spikes
RT = Jared Veldheer

Some of these are the best available at their position so aren't. These are all fairly young players we should target given their age and talent level. CLEARLY we cannot sign all of them but we should attempt to sign at least 3 of these players. My preferences would be TJ Ward, Jon Asamoah and Sam Shields. We can draft ILB, WR and RT or bring in mid-level free agents to finish.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round pick we should take WR Allen Robinson from Penn State.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do we do at ILB ?

I honestly think we should trade Cousins on draft day for the highest pick available. We need to address ILB in the draft or we should sign Brandon Spikes.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think we should trade Cousins on draft day for the highest pick available. We need to address ILB in the draft or we should sign Brandon Spikes.
cool with those but what if the highest pick is a 5th rounder ?

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round pick we should take WR Allen Robinson from Penn State.
theres a crap ton of good wrs in the draft. id wait till the 3rd or 4th round to get one. but then again... bpa all the way.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's take Robinson he beat UM by himself :whistle:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool with those but what if the highest pick is a 5th rounder ?

Of course we wont trade him for a 5th rounder. I think we could get a him for a 2nd rounder in all honesty. Somebody will panic and offer up more than he is worth.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we wont trade him for a 5th rounder. I think we could get a him for a 2nd rounder in all honesty. Somebody will panic and offer up more than he is worth.

maybe a 2nd rounder , could be a 3rd

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would really like to see us grab Byrd from Buffalo. I don't see Ward leaving Cleveland. Word is Buffalo is going to let Byrd walk. We'll see. I'd give Browner from Seattle a nice chunk of change. Big and physical.

Now we don't have to have little ol Hall (who has balled out this year BTW) trying to cover big guys like Johnson, and Bryant. Must re-sign Hall. I think Meriweather has played his way into a decent contract from the Skins next year. Couldn't stop a nose bleed in weeks 1 and 2 when he was out of the lineup.

Browner, Hall, and Amerson, with Byrd and Meriweather behind them is very nice. Not sure we will be able to land both Byrd and Browner, but that should be the focus, the secondary.

Go with a WR and a fast ILB with a nose for the ball in the 2nd. Hopefully we can turn Cousins into a 2nd, giving us two. Spend your 5-7 picks on special team demons, guys that seek and destroy. That would be great value for THIS team at that point.

Right tackle must be addressed. I'd wait on trying to replace Monty, Lich, and Chester. We can run the ball like no other, not a pressing need imo. Oher would be nice, but just someone that is dependable to man the right side will do. Maybe a vet that was someone's cap casualty.

DC and ST coaches are gone.

Get a OLB in here with the 3rd. If you can bring in someone that runs a 43, Riley can man the middle, and we would not have to spend a 2nd on an ILB. We could use that somewhere else, say CB, RT, S.

If we beat Philly this week, table this post for another week. lol We can probably drop one, maybe two more, but we HAVE to sweep the division from here on out. That starts Sunday.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't overspend on Byrd but somebody is likely to.

I wouldn't even look at Browner. He has been burned frequently and it a penalty/play. Ask Dez and Megatron is they really want to play Hall every game? Their performances say no.

Merriweather hasn't played himself into anything. He has played too little to consider a big contract.

Phillip Thomas will be back next season and will replace Merriweather when the time comes. Our secondary isn't as bad as people think. It's schematic.

WR isn't a problem. ILB has to be addressed obviously.

An OLB in the 3rd? Do you not plan on resigning RAK?

You sound a lot like JUSTUS but can actually formulate sentences.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. No, not that tool. I really want to go back to the 43. What has the 34 really done for us? Rak and Kerrigan were DE's I n college. Pick up an Olb in the 3rd and let him compete for the other olb job opposite Jackson. Never said Meriweather was going to get a big contract from us. I said a decent one. Just enough to get him to stay. What will Moss look like next year? Morgan is gone. This unit has had soooo many drops this year. Would like another speedy young wideout in here. Hall does play those guys well.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99% of OLBs in a 3-4 defense were DEs in college.

RAK hasn't played DE in a 4-3 since college.

Rob Jackson cannot play outside LB in a 4-3. He is waaaayyyyy to slow. He's a DE by trade as well and he's bigger than RAK.

11, 1, 7...those are the games he has played over the last three seasons. There is no way Meriweather should be brought back after next season unless he can stay healthy the remainder of this season and next, it's at a rate of about 3 mil/season or less, and Phillip Thomas doesn't develop next season.

I agree that Moss and Morgan are gone next season but I disagree that we need a second rounder to be that guy. Go into FA and look for reasonable replacements in the slot and a guy we hope can compete on the outside. I'm all for Julian Edelman and Kenny Britt. I don't mind taking a WR at any point in the draft, as long as he's BVA.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know what we have in thomas. With the money we are going to spend this spring, I assume the Skins will have hopes of superbowl or at the very least nfc east champs. Don't want to put our hopes into a 4th ro nd guy that hasn't seen the field in over a year. I think a fa wr would be more expensive than a 2nd round wr, younger too. I think Jackson would be fine in a 43. He's better in pass coverage than Rak. I do agree on giving meriwether no more than one year.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Every team has the same amount of money to spend each year, except the Redskins and Cowboys over the last two seasons. Every team has the hope of a SB at the beginning of each year.

2) I agree we don't know what we have in Thomas. I'm not saying we should count on him to be the starter of the future. I am saying Meriweather has to prove he can be better and stay healthy to keep Thomas in the background.

3) A 2nd round WR is less expensive than Edelman would be; however, it usually takes time for a WR to develop...ask the #8 pick Tavon Austin who has done almost nothing this season. I never go into a draft thinking I need this position in this round because you don't end up with guys like Jordan Reed and Kirk Cousins if you do.

4) What makes you believe he would be fine in a 4-3 as an OLB? He is not better in coverage than RAK. You think that getting a couple of picks falling back into a zone makes a guy better at pass coverage? If he played OLB in a 4-3 defense, he would be asked to cover a TE or RB on a consistent basis...if he's asked to do this, there is no other option for the opposing QB except to attack that matchup. Have you ever seen Jackson running down the field covering a TE? Me either.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin beat the colts by himself last week. Not sure of his name but the kid from Baylor is killing it in Dallas right now. You may be right about jackson. But rak can't cover or catch. He has one career int, and that was that tip that fell into his lap this year.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Age has caught up with Fletcher and Riley can't cover and misses way too many tackles

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you guys insist that the 4-3 is some kind of panacea ?

kerrigan and Rak have been Pro bowl players at OLB . jenkins and jackson make a nice rotation

we need an ILB . we need some secondary help

we dont need to be set back a season or 2 going back to the 4-3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin beat the colts by himself last week. Not sure of his name but the kid from Baylor is killing it in Dallas right now. You may be right about jackson. But rak can't cover or catch. He has one career int, and that was that tip that fell into his lap this year.

Austin has had one game...one game from the 8th pick in the draft. So far...nothing to brag about.

Terrance Williams is a good player, with a great WR across from him, while playing in the right system.

I am right about Rob Jackson.

We don't pay RAK for coverage. OLBs, contrary to popular belief, are not paid to drop back into coverage one on one. They aren't paid for interceptions. Demarcus Ware is the best 3-4 OLB since Lawrence Taylor and has two career INTs, one was this season in a 4-3 as a DE.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin has had one game...one game from the 8th pick in the draft. So far...nothing to brag about.

Terrance Williams is a good player, with a great WR across from him, while playing in the right system.

I am right about Rob Jackson.

We don't pay RAK for coverage. OLBs, contrary to popular belief, are not paid to drop back into coverage one on one. They aren't paid for interceptions. Demarcus Ware is the best 3-4 OLB since Lawrence Taylor and has two career INTs, one was this season in a 4-3 as a DE.

GK these guys get hung up on foolish things . Rak and kerrigan are fine OLB's who are right up there as one of the better combos in the NFL

what they dont get is jackson himself was a de in college AND as a pro

what we need is better players at key positions ILB and BOTH safeties and a stronger d/line rotation

we have to be strong up the middle of our defense and we are not .

and a haslett isnt going to scheme his way out of that