• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

F/A Updates

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he is truly a "mismatch" weapon, a smart team, probably one that is already a contender, will trade up to get him.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, base
if he is truly a "mismatch" weapon, a smart team, probably one that is already a contender, will trade up to get him.
Based on the hype before he even ran his 40, you already are thinking he is a mismatch.

Then a 6'6" 240 pound mismatch runs a 4.46 40, and it is confirmed. Too fast for LB'ers, too big for DB's. All day long. Burrow would have a field day with Pitts in the middle with Boyd and Higgins on the outside.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always take the best player available.

our weaknesses, although still bad, aren't the worst. they still need to do a better job of protecting Burrow in my opinion, but there are players in the 2nd and 3rd round who could help with that.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always take the best player available.

our weaknesses, although still bad, aren't the worst. they still need to do a better job of protecting Burrow in my opinion, but there are players in the 2nd and 3rd round who could help with that.
I agree. Giving Burrow time and protection is and should be our focus, but it is hard to pass up on a guy like Pitts. HOF type size and skills. If both Chase and Pitts are gone at pick 5, I wouldn't hesitate to pick Sewell. Not even second guess it, but I would look hard at Pitts #1, Chase #2 if available at #5. If they are not, no issue, Sewell is the guy. This is the year I don't think we can screw up a draft pick besides the give me we had last year in Burrow. Wasn't even a question who was going there. At 5 it is unpredictable, but you have to imagine #5 is going to have one of those 3 guys fall to us and if they do not, we should have a ton of trade suitors for the #2 ranked QB still on the board.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitts unofficial 40 yesterday.....
4.46 for a 6'6" 240 pound guy. Sizzling. Starting to think Chase may fall to us before Pitts now.
When split out as a WR last year, Pitts rated out in the 90's, per PFF. I think that left him as the #5 WR in terms of grading.

The guy is a freak of nature - and has a chance to be a true top-tier game-changing TE. He's built just like Eifert, but he looks more chiseled in his body composition, at least to me? But, if he can be a Health Eifert - that's a hell of a TE. Have to remember how good Tyler was when he was actually healthy. He could change a game over the middle - and that was with Dalton at QB. Pitts will have Burrow.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When split out as a WR last year, Pitts rated out in the 90's, per PFF. I think that left him as the #5 WR in terms of grading.

The guy is a freak of nature - and has a chance to be a true top-tier game-changing TE. He's built just like Eifert, but he looks more chiseled in his body composition, at least to me? But, if he can be a Health Eifert - that's a hell of a TE. Have to remember how good Tyler was when he was actually healthy. He could change a game over the middle - and that was with Dalton at QB. Pitts will have Burrow.
Exactly, Eifert's one healthy season netted him a pro-bowl, 15 TD's, Dalton's best year in his career and a 12-4 Bengals record.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hoping for production like Shannon Sharpe, unless he somehow goes to CLE/PIT/BAL of course

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals re-up with Spain for 1 year. Not a terrible signing. I think I'd like to see him for a full year at RG - would still need to draft/sign someone for LG - but Spain next to Reiff doesn't look too bad.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals signing CB Eli Apple. Going to be a lot of depth in that secondary.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals re-up with Spain for 1 year. Not a terrible signing. I think I'd like to see him for a full year at RG - would still need to draft/sign someone for LG - but Spain next to Reiff doesn't look too bad.

Spain is interesting.... If we had signed him last offseason, our fanbase would have rejoiced. The guy was good enough to get a 3 year 15 million dollar deal from his current team (Bills). I still don't understand what happened to him there last year - When he came to us, he was pretty darn good given that he couldn't even really practice with the team before taking gameday snaps. It's not a sexy signing, but I think it's a good value for another 'prove it' type of deal.... And the right side of the line is definitely not a liability at this point.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals signing CB Eli Apple. Going to be a lot of depth in that secondary.
Big time bust as a draft pick. One of his own teammates called him a cancer.

I'm guessing Von Bell must have vouched for him. He was teammates with him at OSU and in NO.

Obviously the guy always had talent - Maybe this will work for him. Not a bad deal for adding talented depth.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spain is interesting.... If we had signed him last offseason, our fanbase would have rejoiced. The guy was good enough to get a 3 year 15 million dollar deal from his current team (Bills). I still don't understand what happened to him there last year - When he came to us, he was pretty darn good given that he couldn't even really practice with the team before taking gameday snaps. It's not a sexy signing, but I think it's a good value for another 'prove it' type of deal.... And the right side of the line is definitely not a liability at this point.
Agreed. Add in the new OL coach, and I think there is real potential there. A 1 year deal doesn't lock the Bengals in - and still allows them to, likely, select several OL in this draft, whenever it may be.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time bust as a draft pick. One of his own teammates called him a cancer.

I'm guessing Von Bell must have vouched for him. He was teammates with him at OSU and in NO.

Obviously the guy always had talent - Maybe this will work for him. Not a bad deal for adding talented depth.
Yep - he's coming in as the known 4th/5th DB with Phillips.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this about the Bengals Free Agency period..... A lot of one-year deals and nothing that will haunt them for years to come. If Taylor and the gang do fail this year and we make a coaching change, the new guy won't be saddled with a lot of old/dead money.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this about the Bengals Free Agency period..... A lot of one-year deals and nothing that will haunt them for years to come. If Taylor and the gang do fail this year and we make a coaching change, the new guy won't be saddled with a lot of old/dead money.
Now.... Contrast this point to what Zac Taylor had when he walked through the door. A bunch of aging guys on big money deals that were going to be an issue sooner or later.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point, I think we are intentionally trying to sign anyone but an offensive lineman.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point, I think we are intentionally trying to sign anyone but an offensive lineman.
I think this gives them good depth and options. They already needed more DL help, and Lawson for Hendrickson was a 1-1- swap. They got a DT to help replace Atkins, at least from a depth perspective - and now this adds depth to the DE side of things. Still likely need another DE, but now gives them options in the draft to get a guy and get him ready for a year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals sign former Falcon's Safety Ricardo Allen - adding depth to the Safety position. 1 year deal.