• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

F/A Updates

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From all reports I've seen Hendrickson is not good against the run

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From all reports I've seen Hendrickson is not good against the run
I thought I had read somewhere he was a decent run stuffer. Not like excellent, but good with gap control and getting leverage to be able to make plays in the backfield. That is not something that Lawson did. Lawson was 110% balls to the wall after the QB. Made him an excellent pass rusher, but that is it. He contributed almost in no way to the rest of the defense.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bar is low for the Bengals front office... if we get back to .500 ball it will be considered a success.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sewell should be there at 5
if not trade down to a spot where a guy pitts, chase, or smith could fall and grab an OL in the 2nd. take best available in the 1st with a 8-12 pick

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the defense overall has gotten better. I like the 2 CB signings and Hendrickson may be a step back from Lawson in pass-rush, but was still considered to be a good get in F/A. The key will be ensuring that he gets the help he got similar to in N.O - that means a healthy Reader.

Another thing that has struck me thus far - Atkins talk has been kind of quiet. Figured he'd be gone by now to free up cap and get him to a new team, but teams may be waiting until after the draft to see how it shakes out.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the defense overall has gotten better. I like the 2 CB signings and Hendrickson may be a step back from Lawson in pass-rush, but was still considered to be a good get in F/A. The key will be ensuring that he gets the help he got similar to in N.O - that means a healthy Reader.

Another thing that has struck me thus far - Atkins talk has been kind of quiet. Figured he'd be gone by now to free up cap and get him to a new team, but teams may be waiting until after the draft to see how it shakes out.
May be working on a restructure to lower his cap number and keep him paired with Reader if they think he is going to be healthy. I really like Daniels at DT also. Would not be disappointed if they were able to trade Atkins for some kind of return and resigned Daniels.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Riley Rieff coming in for a visit now. That is what we need a player or two on the oline that is at least solid before the draft. Give us a chance to take best player available with the #5 pick while allowing us to take a guard or two in the 2nd through 5th rounds.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aj to Arizona. Big paycheck. Wish him all the best. One of the best bengals players ever. We certainly felt his turf toe pain at the end.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good signing. From what I have read the guy is a good athlete and had to play out of position a little once they signed Richardson. With a healthy Reader, he'll be back to what he does best. At the very least he provides a dependable guy that we'll play 16 games in your rotation.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reading that he wants to go to the Giants.... Maybe the market is calling his name? Not sure why a receiver would want to hitch his wagon to Daniel Jones - Particularly if he's looking for a one year deal followed by a big payday when the cap expands next year.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Aj to Arizona. Big paycheck. Wish him all the best. One of the best bengals players ever. We certainly felt his turf toe pain at the end.

I was shocked at that money figure. I hate saying this as he's maybe been the best Bengal of the post SB era teams but he looked washed up last yr. Maybe they think he'll be better the second season after surgery

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm reading that he wants to go to the Giants.... Maybe the market is calling his name? Not sure why a receiver would want to hitch his wagon to Daniel Jones - Particularly if he's looking for a one year deal followed by a big payday when the cap expands next year.

Yeah there are going to be some 1 year signings like a Will Fuller or JuJu for 8 million plus incentives to GB or KC.

Nelson Aghlor is underrated imo but I wonder if he gets that deal in NE if they knew how the market would play out.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley Rieff coming in for a visit now. That is what we need a player or two on the oline that is at least solid before the draft. Give us a chance to take best player available with the #5 pick while allowing us to take a guard or two in the 2nd through 5th rounds.
For me, Rieff was a target. Going to be in that 2nd tier, has some good years left and might be a guy wiling to play some RT, though I think Williams is the logical move, IMO. I think he could be a monster RT, actually.

Land this one, and there are still some OG's out there that would really allow the Bengals to move in multiple directions in the draft.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals sign DT Ogunjobi to 1 year deal. Could be a sign they are ready to make a move on Atkins. I expect DT to be a target in the 1st few rounds should they land an OL, or two, soon.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals sign DT Ogunjobi to 1 year deal. Could be a sign they are ready to make a move on Atkins. I expect DT to be a target in the 1st few rounds should they land an OL, or two, soon.
I am not 100% sure they would. They have Reader, Ogunjobi and Toupu....they are moving more to a 3-4 hybrid defense, so I don't think with those three guys in the fold, DT is going to be a major priority in the draft unless one falls to them that shouldn't have in the middle rounds.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not 100% sure they would. They have Reader, Ogunjobi and Toupu....they are moving more to a 3-4 hybrid defense, so I don't think with those three guys in the fold, DT is going to be a major priority in the draft unless one falls to them that shouldn't have in the middle rounds.
Yes, but Ogunjobi is only a 1 year deal. That allows to draft a kid, let him ease in this year, and then take over next year. And, you have to remember, it's a 3-4 hybrid, so there will be some 4-3 elements. And, let's be honest - I'm not sold on Toupu. If you can land another kid in that 320/330lb range as part of a rotation with Reader and then suck up space in the 4-3....that would be really good. Could even put him, at times, at end with a really nice run stopping option up front.

If you follow UC at all...they do this with their 3-3-5. They have a true Nose, one Rush End, and then the other end is more of a run guys that can also rush, but they rotate a ton across the board. Keeps kids fresh, but it gives them a ton of flexibility up front to mix and match based on down/distance.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked at that money figure. I hate saying this as he's maybe been the best Bengal of the post SB era teams but he looked washed up last yr. Maybe they think he'll be better the second season after surgery
he's no longer the player we drafted.
I'm not sure what Arizona is thinking, maybe to play him as needed and let him mentor the younger receivers.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Erickson signed elsewhere. So that's good news.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals have signed Riley Reif, per Paul Dener, Jr!