• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ezekiel Elliott testifies under oath he liked to do drugs at Ohio State

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke keeps digging bigger holes for himself. Shame to see such a great talent acting like this.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you should. She's a fucking lunatic.

I want to believe Zeke's a good dude, but there's just too much smoke around him for me.

That's why I've defended Zeke.
I've long ago agreed he may have beat her. I've long ago admitted all the crap around Zeke looks bad.
I've long ago said that if the league gave him 2 or 3 games for the combined issues I'd accept it and move on.
I'd take issue with any man being convicted of DV with the evidence we've seen.

I'm not pro beating women, I'm pro truth.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depending on the amount you use, it can stay in for a while...up to a few weeks.

But, if you go to a spa and sweat it all out, you could clean yourself up fairly quickly ahead of a drug test.

You can't sweat it out. It stays in your system for up to 30 days, but that varies from person to person and it also depends on what level they are looking for a positive test. Hair tests can result in a positive test for up to 90 days. Athletes ideally would get clean faster, as THC, CBD and their metabolites accumulate in fat deposits.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I've defended Zeke.
I've long ago agreed he may have beat her. I've long ago admitted all the crap around Zeke looks bad.
I've long ago said that if the league gave him 2 or 3 games for the combined issues I'd accept it and move on.
I'd take issue with any man being convicted of DV with the evidence we've seen.

I'm not pro beating women, I'm pro truth.

That's part of the reason why the cops had to drop the case. They couldn't definitively prove his guilt because she's so unreliable. All the NFL had to prove was bad optics. I do think 6 seems like a hell of a lot an will likely get reduced...or should anyhow.

Also, I think this case begs the question just how far back can the NFL go in search of a player's past? These things with Zeke happened well before he ever was part of the league. What's the statute of limitations? Some kid gets busted selling pot when he's 18, does he have to get on the league's substance abuser list??

It seems like a really giant over reach by the league to me....but if 1/2 the crap Zeke has been doing since joining the league came to light, then its possible 6 games might be light, too.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's part of the reason why the cops had to drop the case. They couldn't definitively prove his guilt because she's so unreliable. All the NFL had to prove was bad optics. I do think 6 seems like a hell of a lot an will likely get reduced...or should anyhow.

Also, I think this case begs the question just how far back can the NFL go in search of a player's past? These things with Zeke happened well before he ever was part of the league. What's the statute of limitations? Some kid gets busted selling pot when he's 18, does he have to get on the league's substance abuser list??

It seems like a really giant over reach by the league to me....but if 1/2 the crap Zeke has been doing since joining the league came to light, then its possible 6 games might be light, too.

If the police had enough to at least arrest my defense of Zeke will be lower.

As for how far the NFL can go back is a good question. They punished Terrell Prior for things he did in college. Now we jump to 207 Conley won’t be subject to discipline because the alleged conduct occurred before he was drafted. (I fully support this, the NFL should not have a say so in suspensions to a player who was not under contract.

Zeke's DV allegations happen not only after the draft but after he had signed his contract.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) A large majority of college kids do drugs.

2) What was Zeke suppose to do? Lie under oath?

3) Zeke has never had drug issues in college or the NFL. Anybody trying to make this into something it is not is making a conjecture at best.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) A large majority of college kids do drugs.

2) What was Zeke suppose to do? Lie under oath?

3) Zeke has never had drug issues in college or the NFL. Anybody trying to make this into something it is not is making a conjecture at best.
Not sure this is true. He just never got caught. I don't what he was doing but I guess the same as others who were caught and suspended.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the police had enough to at least arrest my defense of Zeke will be lower.

As for how far the NFL can go back is a good question. They punished Terrell Prior for things he did in college. Now we jump to 207 Conley won’t be subject to discipline because the alleged conduct occurred before he was drafted. (I fully support this, the NFL should not have a say so in suspensions to a player who was not under contract.

Zeke's DV allegations happen not only after the draft but after he had signed his contract.

I pretty much agree with you, but I do dislike the thought that "Because he's not arrested...".

Just because someone isn't arrested does not mean they are innocent. It just means they don't have enough evidence to prove in a court of law, which is beyond a shadow of a doubt. That could be for a number of reasons from uncooperative witnesses, to lack of physical, evidence, to what we see here with a "tough to believe" witness (which doesn't mean it didn't happen, but I agree it's hard to believe her).

Unfortunately for the NFLPA, they gave Goodell this power, and right or wrong, he's going to be allowed to pretty much do whatever he wants. They can take him to court, sue the NFL, but ultimately, I believe it will always come back to the NFLPA giving Goodell all the power. It was an insanely moronic move, and one they are going to regret far past the next CBA as this isn't going to be resolved.

The best they can do moving forward for the next CBA is negotiate tiered fines/suspensions so at least the length/amounts are consistent and follow a set pattern instead of leaving it up to the whims of Goodell. He'll still have the power, but it will be diminished by creating a tiered structure around discipline which will limit what he can do.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, it appears many of the posters are jealous of the Cowboys and elliot. Linda Friel certainly is

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree with you, but I do dislike the thought that "Because he's not arrested...".

Just because someone isn't arrested does not mean they are innocent.
I never got arrested for having sex with the Police Commissioner's daughter on his desk...but that doesn't mean I didn't do it :thumb:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just because someone isn't arrested does not mean they are innocent. It just means they don't have enough evidence to prove in a court of law, which is beyond a shadow of a doubt. That could be for a number of reasons from uncooperative witnesses, to lack of physical, evidence, to what we see here with a "tough to believe" witness (which doesn't mean it didn't happen, but I agree it's hard to believe her).

Unfortunately for the NFLPA, they gave Goodell this power, and right or wrong, he's going to be allowed to pretty much do whatever he wants. They can take him to court, sue the NFL, but ultimately, I believe it will always come back to the NFLPA giving Goodell all the power. It was an insanely moronic move, and one they are going to regret far past the next CBA as this isn't going to be resolved.

The best they can do moving forward for the next CBA is negotiate tiered fines/suspensions so at least the length/amounts are consistent and follow a set pattern instead of leaving it up to the whims of Goodell. He'll still have the power, but it will be diminished by creating a tiered structure around discipline which will limit what he can do.

Agree, but many are arrested on light evidence then released soon as more evidence is introduced.
I don't know the law in Columbus, here in Las Vegas ONE person is suspossed to be arrested for every DV call.
Main reason is the want to ensure at least 1 night apart for a cooling down period. Another law is when tge victim presses charges the DA automatically takes the case this disallowing the victim to drop charges.

Are these rules always carried out, I don't know, I had an inlaw arrested for smacking her daughter, and another for hitting her husband.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions I have never been involved in a DV case.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never got arrested for having sex with the Police Commissioner's daughter on his desk...but that doesn't mean I didn't do it :thumb:
That wasn't his daughter, that was the Commissioner dressed in drag.