• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EZEKIEL ELLIOTT Suspension Upheld

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Zeke to sue because this is just a distraction, but when it's over I would like an investigation into how Goodell formed his evidence for this situation. If there's no criminal complaint, it makes zero sense that this is now grounds for a suspension!

I too tihnk Zeke should just accept the suspension and move on. I don't think he has a shot of winning any appeals and as you said it is a distraction.

I think too many focus on the fact that since there are no criminal proceedings there is no grounds for any punishment and that is not how this work. In an employer/employee relationship can have a different set of rules. There is a contract here that is binding.

I will try this as an example. It may be a bad one but who knows.

When I enlisted in the Air Force I signed an enlistment contract. This contract was my aggreeing to a certain set of rules that do apply to the civilian sector. In the military we are subject to the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice). In there there were some rules (or laws if you want to call it that) that would never make it past a prosecutors desk in the civilian sector. I was required to abide by them because I agreed to that set of rules. In the military you an get in trouble for being late on paying your bills (even credit cards) I have actually seen people kicked out of the military for not paying bills. Something that would never happen in the civilian sector (unless it is a job requirement like financial jobs that check credit.). I have seen domestic violence issues get people in trouble as well. I have seen couples get into altercations and men get in serious trouble just for pushing a femaie. I once responded to an incident where a woman had bruises on her arm (I started out as a cop) and her husband got into some serious trouble and almost got kicked out. All he did was grab her to get her away from him. She stated that she started it and hit him. She may or may not have been telling the truth I don't know. However none of that mattered. I could go on and on with examples while I was a cop but who wants to read all of that....:D

Zeke is under contract. That contract has rules agreed upon and he has to abide by them. Criminal proceedings are not necessary for him to be disciplined. My biggest thing is why didn't he just get a way after the first incident if he found he was dealing with crazy.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, how do they handle a false accuser? Punishing an innocent person will damage the brand too.
Well, not sure the NFL can. At least not under their rules because she's not in the NFL.

They could bring a civil suit against her, I assume and sue her for damages to the league. On top of that, EZ could also sue.

But that is just a guess.