• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Explosive Brian Flores lawsuit claims Dolphins offered him 100k a game to tank

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit is crazy lol

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be really interesting to see how this plays out.

Not really. He doesn't have a leg to stand on. The NFL has too many rules in place to show that they are not only compensating but are actually over-compensating.

The fact that some teams know who they want to hire but still go through the steps mandated in the hiring policy and still hire the guy they originally targeted isn't illegal and its not a sign "systematic" racism.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely missing the real benefit and purpose of the Rooney Rule.

The rooney rule is not designed to guarantee jobs or even guarantee real interviews.

The Rooney Rule is designed so that overlooked guys who get "INTERVIEWS" get their names out in the press and the NFL loop.

Even if a team has their guy already picked, the Rooney Rule ultimately helps out and sets them up for future interviews and positions.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's rumored that Flores is difficult. Guess it's true
I guess Flores didnt want to work in the NFL again.
Brian Flores blackballs himself from the league.
Exactly. This is a scorched earth move that leaves him nowhere else to go.

He said--"God has gifted me with a special talent to coach the game of football, but the need for change is bigger than my personal goals,". What a crock of virtue-signalling shit. If his "principles" were really what mattered most to him, he wouldn't have waited until NOW to file suit.

Considering the timing--firing in Miami, not getting the job in NY, the NY job going to the first person interviewed, etc.--this lawsuit looks like Flores throwing a tantrum b/c he didn't get his way. ...just in case anyone was wondering if he's actually hard to work with...

From the allegations alone, I don't think he's got any real shot at winning his lawsuit. BUT, it's probably aimed at getting a big-buck settlement from the league instead of winning.

Win or lose, I can't imagine him ever coaching in the NFL again.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick texting the wrong dude is classic btw

This brings back bad memories for me. One year my Flight Chief called me a day before promotion results came out and told me I made SSgt. I thanked him, popped a beer and called my dad, a short time after I hung up the phone, Flight Chief called me back, to tell me he fucked up, it was another guy.

I was a E4 while he was an E6 and he took an NCO verbal beating from me like he was an E1 and I were an E9.

I wanted to kick his ass, good thing we were friends.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. He doesn't have a leg to stand on. The NFL has too many rules in place to show that they are not only compensating but are actually over-compensating.

The fact that some teams know who they want to hire but still go through the steps mandated in the hiring policy and still hire the guy they originally targeted isn't illegal and its not a sign "systematic" racism.
We'll see.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some major fence straddling there.....

There are still the Sterling's of the world out there but no...I don't think most franchises would intentionally not hire an AA head coach just because

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodbye career.

Lemme get this straight:
You were an assistant coach for 15 years with New England, a head coach for 3 years with Miami, didn't make the playoffs, which resulted in you getting fired, and you want to claim racism because you didn't get a job as a head coach again?.....What?!?!?!.....also, I love how he uses a Martin Luther King quote that starts out with " Morals can't be legislated, but behavior can be regulated"......Martin Luther King talking about morals....toooo fuuunny.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was almost certainly going to be hired as a head coach for this round.

This is a crazy move.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would be great to see Gruden step in to help Flores and discuss his emails and who the conversations were with

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the issue of the NFL and black coaches, clearly something is not working because there are even fewer ones today than when the Rooney Rule started. It's a joke right now. I am not sure what the root of them problem is but it is not working even though you have more and more black assistants making a name for themselves.