• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Explosive Brian Flores lawsuit claims Dolphins offered him 100k a game to tank

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could believe what the fuck you want, I could care less. Hue Jackson came out and said that Cleveland did the same to him, that because they weren't expected to win he would be compensated more at year end. He then retracted and said that upper management said that it was a 4 yr rebuilding plan, and that they would get rid of some key players for higher draft players in the next few years but really didn't understand what they meant. I'm sure Dolphins were rebuilding, it has been done in every sport, since the beginning. As far as the interview, I could see him being a little pissed but I understand politics and knows it happens every day, in every line of work. Do you think Bill's 2 sons are coaches on NE because they were qualified? Mutts got jobs because of nepotism, referrals, recommendations will usually put somebody towards the top of the list regardless you pard

You started your nonsense by saying Brian Flores took money for losses. That alone destroys your credibility and anything you said from that point on.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As reported by PFT: “Multiple civil rights leaders met with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday. After the meeting, they issued a statement calling for the scrapping of the Rooney Rule.”--yea, b/c that'll sure help minorities get more coaching opportunities, won't it? LOL. Like I said from the beginning, Flores’s suit might actually harm the interests of minority coaches.

In terms of diversity, the NFL is going above and beyond anything they have to do, and beyond anything most companies do. The NFL already requires minority interviews for HC, GM, and coordinator. They reward teams that develop minority coaches who get hired as HCs. Honestly, what else is the NFL supposed to do? Force teams to hire a HC/GM based on their skin color? Something about that sounds wrong...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have to do with color or racism? Guy supposedly takes money for tanking games 3 years ago, fires an OC each year he is there, butts heads with the GM and QB and now is sharing his texts with his former boss/friend. I see that as the crap that comes with him, an egomaniac, self serving mofo

Both things can be true. There are clearly problems with the way the NFL is trying to promote minority hiring.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both things can be true. There are clearly problems with the way the NFL is trying to promote minority hiring.
I agree, especially giving extra draft picks if you hire minorities like the new hire of McDaniel in Miami.. I believe a few years ago their was 8 black GM's in the NFL, so 25% while the population is only 16% in this country. Now 70% of the players are African Americans, and nobody has a problem with that, because we all want to see the best product on the field. It would be like Rams getting getting extra draft picks because they drafted Kupp, a white WR. I don't think you need to incentive teams, but lets teams and owners put who they want on their teams. Unfortunately discrimination, profiling and favors ( referrals, recommends,) happens every day, in every walk of life

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You started your nonsense by saying Brian Flores took money for losses. That alone destroys your credibility and anything you said from that point on.
And you sounded like a jerkoff calling a poster a racist for saying who would want to hire the guy with the circus following him. Ohh no I lost all credibility on a sports board, what am I gonna do now?? Ok so I was wrong in stating he took the money but why didn't he go to the NFL straight away like Hue Jackson said he did, when he claims he has to much integrity, but he was ok taking his salary for 3 years? Flores is a snitch with that and throwing Belichick under the boss, let's see how he makes out in the NFL

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, especially giving extra draft picks if you hire minorities like the new hire of McDaniel in Miami.. I believe a few years ago their was 8 black GM's in the NFL, so 25% while the population is only 16% in this country. Now 70% of the players are African Americans, and nobody has a problem with that, because we all want to see the best product on the field. It would be like Rams getting getting extra draft picks because they drafted Kupp, a white WR. I don't think you need to incentive teams, but lets teams and owners put who they want on their teams. Unfortunately discrimination, profiling and favors ( referrals, recommends,) happens every day, in every walk of life

...and it's not going to change overnight. Old money owning teams, candidates need to develop over years, etc. It's an offense-minded league, and OCs are quite often ex QBs. While there are far more QBs of color these days, how many from decades prior have gone into coaching and worked their way up through the ranks to become candidates? The roadblocks at each level of course slow that climb unfortunately (and not equally).

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Congratulations on finally making it to the Super Bowl. Your fans have been through a lot. They deserve it."

"Bill, we're the Houston Texans. We didn't make the Super Bowl."

"I thought I was texting the Cincinnati Bengals. My bad. BB"

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Al Sharpton wants to meet Goodell and talk about the Rooney Rule? You just cant make this shit up
Like Al the $$ peddling racist has anything to add. Sharpton is like a bad relative he only shows up when the food and drinks are free Grandma is gone cause she was the only one that would would put him in his place and now nobody will bitch at him because he has tan skin And that’s racist nowadays.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Al the $$ peddling racist has anything to add. Sharpton is like a bad relative he only shows up when the food and drinks are free Grandma is gone cause she was the only one that would would put him in his place and now nobody will bitch at him because he has tan skin And that’s racist nowadays.
Yeah and the guy was a criminal back in the day, took money in boxing events. Rev Jackson kina went away when found out he had an illigitimate kid, cheating on his wife and his son might be still in prison

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh great. So instead of working toward racial equality and justice, we now have the world's most obvious con man involved who will steal from everybody while turning this into a three ring circus.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an offense-minded league, and OCs are quite often ex QBs. While there are far more QBs of color these days, how many from decades prior have gone into coaching and worked their way up through the ranks to become candidates?

Good point....

Many were the QB coach as well before moving to the OC position.

Former QBs college/pros: Leftwich, Bevell, Van Pelt, Mike LaFleur, Dorsey, Ragone, Moore, Marcus Brady, Getsy
Not former QBs: Bieniemy (RB), Lombardi (TE), Stenevich (OL), Outten (OL)

Anyone know of OC that was defensive player in their career? I could not think of one and those I checked were all offensive.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point....

Many were the QB coach as well before moving to the OC position.

Former QBs college/pros: Leftwich, Bevell, Van Pelt, Mike LaFleur, Dorsey, Ragone, Moore, Marcus Brady, Getsy

Anyone know of OC that was defensive player in their career? I could not think of one and those I checked were all offensive.

Some other ex-QB examples:

Rams OC Kevin O'Connell is a former NFL backup QB as well, soon to be head coach of the Vikings. Bengals head coach Zac Taylor was a collegiate QB that never caught on in the NFL, was a QB coach for the Rams.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and the guy was a criminal back in the day, took money in boxing events. Rev Jackson kina went away when found out he had an illigitimate kid, cheating on his wife and his son might be still in prison

He's 80 and had a pretty nasty fall a few months back.

I am thinking that if he were healthy that he'd be lining up to get his pound of flesh from Goodell too.

98bb1248-a78d-4566-95eb-bffe6d142a3c_text.gif

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and it's not going to change overnight. Old money owning teams, candidates need to develop over years, etc. It's an offense-minded league, and OCs are quite often ex QBs. While there are far more QBs of color these days, how many from decades prior have gone into coaching and worked their way up through the ranks to become candidates? The roadblocks at each level of course slow that climb unfortunately (and not equally).
Good point....Many were the QB coach as well before moving to the OC position.

B/c the trend is to hiring more offensive-minded HCs, Peter King raised an interesting idea...Create an "Asst. QB Coach" position on every team that has to be filled by a minority.

At first blush, the idea seems like a good one, but OTOH, it would literally create a "no whites allowed", paid coaching position. That kind of rule is an example of something that is extinct--institutional racism, a plainly written unapologetically racist sign that says "X race need not apply." Still...would the benefit outweigh the harm? Does that even matter?

It would be a long term move that would take several years to bear any fruit. So, leaving out the race-hustlers, would that kind of long term move satisfy the Fritz Pollard Alliance and other credible civil rights groups?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B/c the trend is to hiring more offensive-minded HCs, Peter King raised an interesting idea...Create an "Asst. QB Coach" position on every team that has to be filled by a minority.

At first blush, the idea seems like a good one, but OTOH, it would literally create a "no whites allowed", paid coaching position. That kind of rule is an example of something that is extinct--institutional racism, a plainly written unapologetically racist sign that says "X race need not apply." Still...would the benefit outweigh the harm? Does that even matter?

It would be a long term move that would take several years to bear any fruit. So, leaving out the race-hustlers, would that kind of long term move satisfy the Fritz Pollard Alliance and other credible civil rights groups?
That's because equality is opportunity, not outcome. Many don't separate that bit when speaking on this topic. They conclude that equality means a guaranteed outcome, which is not the case - nor should it be.

Forcing anyone to do anything based on race is the exact opposite of equality - it's racist.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's just extremely tough to navigate. I don't like King's idea either; it has a bad aftertaste. The problem should fix itself as ownership gets younger and more former players of color pursue coaching jobs.

Success should breed opportunity....but Bienemy? He finally had an earlier exit from the playoffs, yet no job offer. Does he interview that badly? Does Reid's role in the offense diminish Bienemy's? It hasn't worked that way with McVay's OCs/QB coaches and he is extremely hands-on.