• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Explosive Brian Flores lawsuit claims Dolphins offered him 100k a game to tank

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Affirmative action is a government-backed policy that was developed to help underrepresented groups get access to opportunities in academia, as well as the workforce and government. These opportunities range from admissions to schools, professional positions, and access to services like housing and financing.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the disadvantages of affirmative action?
Redirects Focus. Another disadvantage of affirmative action is that it places the focus on racial and gender related issues when employers should primarily focus on how well a potential employee will perform in a particular position. Affirmative action also draws attention to past issues of racism and discrimination.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we need affirmative action?
Affirmative action helps make sure that people are qualified for the work they need to do. The concomitant effect will be that there will not be enough people from the privileged classes with the aptitude to complete the education necessary to fill those positions for which a college degree is a requirement.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just extremely tough to navigate. I don't like King's idea either; it has a bad aftertaste. The problem should fix itself as ownership gets younger and more former players of color pursue coaching jobs.
I agree. I think the NFL is doing just about everything it can to encourage teams to hire more minorities in coaching. Further, stronger steps just about require blatant discrimination. Despite the HC numbers this season, there are lots of minority coordinators and that's usually where HCs come from.

Success should breed opportunity....but Bienemy? He finally had an earlier exit from the playoffs, yet no job offer. Does he interview that badly? Does Reid's role in the offense diminish Bienemy's? It hasn't worked that way with McVay's OCs/QB coaches and he is extremely hands-on.
Ryan Poles was hired from the KC front office, but he didn't hire Bienemy in Chicago. That's a red flag.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think the NFL is doing just about everything it can to encourage teams to hire more minorities in coaching. Further, stronger steps just about require blatant discrimination. Despite the HC numbers this season, there are lots of minority coordinators and that's usually where HCs come from.

Ryan Poles was hired from the KC front office, but he didn't hire Bienemy in Chicago. That's a red flag.

An older article, but interesting....

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Affirmative action is a government-backed policy that was developed to help underrepresented groups get access to opportunities in academia, as well as the workforce and government. These opportunities range from admissions to schools, professional positions, and access to services like housing and financing.
That is what the Rooney Rule is, affirmative action. It guarantees that underrepresented groups get access to opportunities to get jobs in the highest levels of the NFL workforce (GM, HC, OC/DC). It does not guarantee them jobs.

That's why, for the most part, I don't have a problem with the Rooney Rule:
--it doesn't force teams to hire a minority
--doesn't reward teams for hiring a minority
--doesn't penalize teams that hire a white

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what the Rooney Rule is. It guarantees that underrepresented groups get access to opportunities to get jobs in the highest levels of the NFL workforce (GM, HC, OC/DC).

Agreed, but if a team is forced to interview someone they don't intend on hiring - then you get people like Flores crying foul. It can't go both ways. You can't force people to interview a segment of a population and then be shocked when some of those interviews turn out to be shams because it was only done to satisfy a rule.

That's where this rule falls flat. I'm not saying there is a better way, or that I have the answer, but the rule itself is silly because clearly teams do this - this isn't a shocking secrete.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what the Rooney Rule is. It guarantees that underrepresented groups get access to opportunities to get jobs in the highest levels of the NFL workforce (GM, HC, OC/DC).

this is my point.

Minority ownership still looks like the key to me

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but if a team is forced to interview someone they don't intend on hiring - then you get people like Flores crying foul. It can't go both ways. You can't force people to interview a segment of a population and then be shocked when some of those interviews turn out to be shams because it was only done to satisfy a rule.

That's where this rule falls flat. I'm not saying there is a better way, or that I have the answer, but the rule itself is silly because clearly teams do this - this isn't a shocking secrete.
And that is one of the reasons I've said from the beginning that Flores's lawsuit could really hurt minority coaches--if teams or the NFL want to avoid ever being accused of giving a minority candidate a sham interview, then they'll have to eliminate the Rooney Rule. And that wouldn't be good for minority coaches at all. I think the NFL has gone just about as far as it can to promote diversity at GM, HC, OC/DC.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the disadvantages of affirmative action?
Redirects Focus. Another disadvantage of affirmative action is that it places the focus on racial and gender related issues when employers should primarily focus on how well a potential employee will perform in a particular position. Affirmative action also draws attention to past issues of racism and discrimination.
Affirmative action prevented me from being promoted at work.
It caused me to start my own business, where I hire people of many races and nationalities.
I hate Affirmative action almost as much as racism!

It like putting people who commit minor crimes into a "corrective facility" where they learn new "skills" from other inmates.
I remember seeing affirmative action causing the least qualified candidates to be hired so the rich bigoted hiring manager could say:
Look at that stupid _____!
You can't force moralityon people. You can only punish immorality and you can never stop all of it.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope...it ain't old boy, it's the culture, that isn't reserved for only old farts.
Minority ownership solves the issue with minority head coaches, ect.

Not necessarily.

This guy is one of two minority owners in the NFL:

licensed-image

And he's hired these guys:

250px-Mike_Mularkey_2012.jpg

225px-Gus_Bradley_2014_Jaguars_training_camp_Cropped.jpg

220px-Doug_Marrone_in_Fort_Drum_jersey_%28cropped%29.jpg

220px-Urban_Meyer_2019_%28cropped%29.png

220px-Doug_Pederson_Jaguars.jpg

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I haven't read every post here. So what's @FlyerFinFan thinking about his squeaky clean organization?

Certainly, if true, this is worse than a 70 year old getting a hand job? Amirite?
Unlike you us Fins fans would have no problem with the league forcing Ross to sell. Personally I'm not buying It but whatever happens happens. Meanwhile you would back a killer if he was a patsie...oh wait!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike you us Fins fans would have no problem with the league forcing Ross to sell. Personally I'm not buying It but whatever happens happens. Meanwhile you would back a killer if he was a patsie...oh wait!
That's cute. Were you even watching football when Hernandez played? Like most fans and the Club, once arrested for being a deranged killer, we disassociated ourselves immediately.

But you wouldn't know that because it's not in Madden nor on ESPN where you've gained your very small football IQ.

Here is an oldie but a goodie. 10 years old and counting. Actually I've lost count.

Like I and others have told you the Goodell goons of Broadway and your squeaky not-so-clean organization have been in bed for years.

Is it the water in Fl? Where did AH play college? Florida really is the penius of the US.

This article doesn't even cover your cheerleader getting arrested or the player who went bezerk in, was it Pizza hut? What X Howard?

Continue to post. I love proving you to be a clown.

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The by name list from 2010:
The Dolphins police blotter (arrests):

• Fred Evans — marijuana possession — February 2007
  • Joey Porter — misdemeanor battery — March 2007
  • Fred Evans — battery on a police officer, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and trespassing — June 2007
  • Kelly Campbell — felony possession of marijuana and ecstasy — July 2007
  • Chris Chambers — DUI, recless driving, and speeding — July 2007
  • Mike Dumas — assistant coach — arrested for simple battery — Christmas day, 2007
  • Channing Crowder — misdemeanor leaving the scene of a crime — January 2007
  • Matt Roth — arrested on public intoxication charges — February 2008
  • Reagan Mauia — charged with public assault — April 2008
  • Randy Starks — arrested, charged with aggravated battery of a police officer — May 2009
  • Will Billingsley — Arrested, charged with misdemeanor domestic battery and resisting arrest — October 2009
  • Tony McDaniel — arrested on misdemeanor battery charges — February 2010
  • Will Allen — arrested, charged with DUI — February 2010
  • Ronnie Brown — arrested on suspicion of DUI — March 2010
  • Phillip Merling — arrested, charged with assault of a pregnant woman — May 2010
Go to Bleacher report for a fun 5 minute read. "The Miami Dolphin Crime family."

It wouldn't let me copy the link.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The by name list from 2010:
The Dolphins police blotter (arrests):

• Fred Evans — marijuana possession — February 2007
  • Joey Porter — misdemeanor battery — March 2007
  • Fred Evans — battery on a police officer, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and trespassing — June 2007
  • Kelly Campbell — felony possession of marijuana and ecstasy — July 2007
  • Chris Chambers — DUI, recless driving, and speeding — July 2007
  • Mike Dumas — assistant coach — arrested for simple battery — Christmas day, 2007
  • Channing Crowder — misdemeanor leaving the scene of a crime — January 2007
  • Matt Roth — arrested on public intoxication charges — February 2008
  • Reagan Mauia — charged with public assault — April 2008
  • Randy Starks — arrested, charged with aggravated battery of a police officer — May 2009
  • Will Billingsley — Arrested, charged with misdemeanor domestic battery and resisting arrest — October 2009
  • Tony McDaniel — arrested on misdemeanor battery charges — February 2010
  • Will Allen — arrested, charged with DUI — February 2010
  • Ronnie Brown — arrested on suspicion of DUI — March 2010
  • Phillip Merling — arrested, charged with assault of a pregnant woman — May 2010
Go to Bleacher report for a fun 5 minute read. "The Miami Dolphin Crime family."

It wouldn't let me copy the link.
You forgot Paolo - arrested for "looking ugly in public" 21st century

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Paolo - arrested for "looking ugly in public" 21st century
Nicely done. An extra 5 points awarded to you.

Now if you can help @FlyerFinFan with his personal vandetta to take down the Kraft human trafficing cartel you'll receive a gold star.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cute. Were you even watching football when Hernandez played? Like most fans and the Club, once arrested for being a deranged killer, we disassociated ourselves immediately.

But you wouldn't know that because it's not in Madden nor on ESPN where you've gained your very small football IQ.

Here is an oldie but a goodie. 10 years old and counting. Actually I've lost count.

Like I and others have told you the Goodell goons of Broadway and your squeaky not-so-clean organization have been in bed for years.

Is it the water in Fl? Where did AH play college? Florida really is the penius of the US.

This article doesn't even cover your cheerleader getting arrested or the player who went bezerk in, was it Pizza hut? What X Howard?

Continue to post. I love proving you to be a clown.

Naw dude you compare speeding tickets to mass murder and think it's equal. Enough said...