• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Expectations for the year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vereen is the Pats CJ Spiller, maybe better. Gonna have a huge year. Pats will be back in the AFC Title game again this year and imo AFC favs to go to the Superbowl.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vereen is the Pats CJ Spiller, maybe better. Gonna have a huge year. Pats will be back in the AFC Title game again this year and imo AFC favs to go to the Superbowl.

I think Spiller is a better open field runner but not sure about pass catching and he damn sure doesn't pick up blocks like Shane.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG Spanky you may be starting to get the point!!!! He hasn't proven jack shit yet, as was discussed the ceiling is high but for now he a number and little more.

I have seen plenty. He has proved to me he is a legitimate starter. I'm telling you to watch and see so he can prove it to you, too.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does, but I think right now, before he progresses, he is the best player on our offense after Brady and Logan mankins.

LOL Okay. Can't argue opinion.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen plenty. He has proved to me he is a legitimate starter. I'm telling you to watch and see so he can prove it to you, too.

Don't hand me the watch out shit and then come back with an I TOLD YOU SO. We all think the ceiling is high you're not NFL Nostradamus, it's just that at this point at this level he has proven nothing. But if you think two preseason catches is enough so be it, I am done with you it's reached a point where you want to ignore logic and spew speculative drivel.

Have a lovely day.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might take Dobson tonight in my keeper draft. I pick 8th overall in the first round (rooks and free agents).

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask PFW: Roster spotlight

After watching the first preseason game, which player, who hasn’t attracted that much attention (Zach Sudfeld, Kenbrell Thompkins, Aaron Dobson), are you most impressed with?
Michael LoRocco

Well if you’re asking me to pick among those three I’d say Thompkins impressed me most. I thought he did a nice job of getting open, particularly on third down, and showed he could run different routes other than deep patterns we’ve seen often in camp. He also was working with Tom Brady, which in and of itself is important. Sudfeld made some nice blocks and showed good hustle on LeGarrette Blount’s long touchdown run. He also made a nice move after catching a short pass from Ryan Mallett and turned it into a big play. Dobson I was actually slightly disappointed in. He’s been terrific thus far in camp but I didn’t think he did much against Philadelphia despite having several chances. He was blanketed on a deep ball and dropped an easy short pass in the second half. But I’m not too concerned based on what I’ve seen thus far this summer. Dobson and Thompkins should be part of the offense as core wideouts.
Paul Perillo

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly we haven't seen the same things. I'm not sure why you're so defensive. All Thompkins has "showed" is 4 catches for less yards than Dobson gained in his two. Considering their different roles, I'm not sure how you can get so upset about me being happier with the down the field ability I saw from Dobson than the underneath stuff from Thompkins. Dobson has shown me everything I need to see to say that he will be exactly what I have said he will be. The upside is that he could explode into an elite WR, but the basic ability to be productive in our offense and a guaranteed upgrade over Lloyd has already been demonstrated IMO.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly we haven't seen the same things. I'm not sure why you're so defensive. All Thompkins has "showed" is 4 catches for less yards than Dobson gained in his two. Considering their different roles, I'm not sure how you can get so upset about me being happier with the down the field ability I saw from Dobson than the underneath stuff from Thompkins. Dobson has shown me everything I need to see to say that he will be exactly what I have said he will be. The upside is that he could explode into an elite WR, but the basic ability to be productive in our offense and a guaranteed upgrade over Lloyd has already been demonstrated IMO.

Dude I am not at all upset! You make little sense other then Dobson has a higher ceiling or greater potential but that's pretty obvious. I have made points which you ignored, Drawmeomg has made points which you ignore, and now it seems you also want to ignore a direct link from the Pats homepage. I am not upset I just think you are misguided on this. You are taking the angle the Dobson is already the all pro we hope he will be, if you could at least try objectivity you would see how asinine that is. We agree there is potential for greatness we disagree that he has shown anything to substantiate that.

And there you go again with your visions of grandeur why do you insist on beating that to death? Is it so you can act like the great prognosticator if he is successful? Again I think most here think he can be great the rest of us would just like to see him prove it first.

On a side note do you mind telling me your age?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he is already an all pro. I said what he has shown so far makes him the clear starter.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'll jump in here too.
I love what I see in Thompkins AND Dobson.

Thompkins did everything he was asked and looks to be a possession receiver.

Dobson looked good until the drop - I say that was a rookie-preseason drop. When Tebow came in, Dobson was unable to adjust to Tebow. Trying to adjust to Tebow made him look ineffective the rest of the day.

Hate to throw Tebow under the bus this early but Tebow made everybody look ineffective - our offense and their defense. The whole game just turned into a sloppy affair. Is this just a way to use up preseason hours? Blockers quit blocking and receivers cut off routes? Everybody standing around waiting for Tebow to figure out what to do? Can we really judge our receivers this way?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem throwing him under the bus. No one gets good reps with him on the field.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the arguments on Dobson/Thompkins have been made. I think we're all excited to have both of them on the team. Moving on!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the arguments on Dobson/Thompkins have been made. I think we're all excited to have both of them on the team. Moving on!

I took them both tonight in my keeper league draft. Tavon Austin in round 1, Dobson in round 2, and Thompkins in round 3. Hope they live up to the hype.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they will rob.. i hope they will

I've been hearing how "Tom Brady and the Pats are done" for what, 5 years now? Maybe longer. Meanwhile the biggest choker in sports playoff history, Peyton Manning gets slobbed on for being in Denver. That's cool. Meanwhile every year without fail, the guy who has Brady and weapons goes to and/or wins the FF Superbowl in every league I see (guy w Brady in my 14 team keeper has been to the SB 3/3 years and won 1). I'll snag Tommy Boy in my other draft this Sunday, then these same WR's late. The league won't know what hit them.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing how "Tom Brady and the Pats are done" for what, 5 years now? Maybe longer. Meanwhile the biggest choker in sports playoff history, Peyton Manning gets slobbed on for being in Denver. That's cool. Meanwhile every year without fail, the guy who has Brady and weapons goes to and/or wins the FF Superbowl in every league I see (guy w Brady in my 14 team keeper has been to the SB 3/3 years and won 1). I'll snag Tommy Boy in my other draft this Sunday, then these same WR's late. The league won't know what hit them.[/QUOTE]

This possibility exsists mainly because we can run the ball now. Someone here said the older a QB gets the better his run game needs to be, that made a lot of sense to me. Saves the arm, forces teams to stack the box to try and stop the run which in turn allows a seasoned vet the chance to pick them apart. This team will be run heavy the first three to four weeks then slowly factes of the passing game will increase. They will test the waters early but IMO rely mainly on the run

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady just went down with a knee injury, so hold your horses on drafting him...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just on offense:

Thompkins 25 (R)
Ridley 24 (3)
Solder 25 (3)
Dobson 22 (R)
Gronk 24 (4)
Hoomanawanui 25 (4)
Sudfeld 24 (R)
Vereen 24 (3)
Boyce 22 (R)

If Edelman is higher than the fourth receiver this team is in trouble(and even he's 27), Amendola is 27 so still not particularly old, Blount is 26, and this is every skill position that expects a reasonable shot at seeing the field in any offensive role this season. Brady and part of the line are the only veterans on offense.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Edelman is higher than the fourth receiver this team is in trouble(and even he's 27),

Why does Edelman get so much flak from Pats fans? He was their most explosive offensive player last year until he got hurt. He was one of their best offensive players yesterday - in addition to the two TDs, he was wide open for two more at various points in the game! He's turned into a very good WR, not a Welker Jr or some kind of scrub.