• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Expectations for the year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobson led the team in yards despite 3 legitimate catchable balls his way.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobson led the team in yards despite 3 legitimate catchable balls his way.

And? It all means DICK in week one of pre season ball when it's against their 1st 2nd and 3rd tier teams. If you want to be all enamored with him so be it, I will stick with he hasn't shown enough to be considered a legit #1. I mean he had more yards but Thompkins had twice as many catches. One of Dobson catches was for 23which accounted for most of his two catches for 35 yards.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had two catches and Thompkins had four. Dobson was never intended to be a short, 10 consistent receptions a game type guy. Both have had a lot of good things said about how they looked in practice. Dobson did exactly what I expected of him in his first preseason game. The only thing you could ask that he do differently is not drop that one ball. Considering everything I have seen of his hands I'll give him a pass on one drop.

I just don't see what more you could have expected from him with the QB play we saw.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had two catches and Thompkins had four. Dobson was never intended to be a short, 10 consistent receptions a game type guy. Both have had a lot of good things said about how they looked in practice. Dobson did exactly what I expected of him in his first preseason game. The only thing you could ask that he do differently is not drop that one ball. Considering everything I have seen of his hands I'll give him a pass on one drop.

I just don't see what more you could have expected from him with the QB play we saw.

Oyyy Okay I am done at this point I feel like it's a MOOT point it's not sinking in

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pall I'm asking is what you wanted to see differently from him.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when I first made the thread to let welker go on CBS there was a lot of disagreement. I'm curious how some of those people feel in retrospect.

I agreed then and I still do.
Welker was, is, can be replaced.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pall I'm asking is what you wanted to see differently from him.

Well actually I don't think you ever asked that. And I made it clear a few posts back how I felt. You seemed to want to ignore that so there is no sense in continuing the conversation.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have never said what he should have done differently to impress you. You just said he didn't impress you. What would have impressed you? What was good enough?

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]Maybe, maybe not still hasn't shown anything other then on occasion he can get behind the D. But so can Boyce and Thompkins etc. Before I go calling him the sure fire #1 I want to see how he reacts when he gets popped, I want to see him go across the middle of the field, I want to see him make that catch down field. I think we tend to want to have high hopes for a solid #1 b/c we haven't had one since Moss. I just think it's way to early to put any real faith in yet.

You have never said what he should have done differently to impress you. You just said he didn't impress you. What would have impressed you? What was good enough?
:rollseyes:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was missed badly in both those scenarios. Blame QB play.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catch the ball that Mallett threw that hit him in the numbers, for one.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catch the ball that Mallett threw that hit him in the numbers, for one.

That too, but in his defense for some reason Mallett still seems to think you have to put velocity on the ball when the guy is 12 yards away. If I remember he was pretty open on the play sometime a QB has to apply touch a facet of Malletts game which seems to be missing. But still in the end at this level you are expected to make that catch.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was open over the middle and Mallett missed badly. He was open down the field and was also missed badly. He did make two solid catches, neither of which he was particularly open on.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was open over the middle and Mallett missed badly. He was open down the field and was also missed badly. He did make two solid catches, neither of which he was particularly open on.

And he did miss one that hit him square in the numbers.

This is going no where with you. It seems you are quite enamored and I am cool with this. As I said it's one preseason game where he made two catches if that's enough to convince you who am I to debate that logic.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....over the Giants or Ravens please.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13-3 losses at Atlanta at Houston and Denver

If that is enough to give you Home Field thru the playoffs then a Super Bowl loss. JMO

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That too, but in his defense for some reason Mallett still seems to think you have to put velocity on the ball when the guy is 12 yards away. If I remember he was pretty open on the play sometime a QB has to apply touch a facet of Malletts game which seems to be missing. But still in the end at this level you are expected to make that catch.

Mallett definitely did that a few times, but he also hit Dobson in the chest with a completely catchable ball and Dobson dropped it.

Don't get me wrong. I expect rookies to make mistakes. I still expect Dobson to be very good, and great won't surprise me with him. One catch in the first preseason game of your rookie season does not make or break your career. Just, Thompkins looked virtually flawless, Dobson looks like he has to grow.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallett definitely did that a few times, but he also hit Dobson in the chest with a completely catchable ball and Dobson dropped it.

Don't get me wrong. I expect rookies to make mistakes. I still expect Dobson to be very good, and great won't surprise me with him. One catch in the first preseason game of your rookie season does not make or break your career. Just, Thompkins looked virtually flawless, Dobson looks like he has to grow.

I agree 100% and In a nutshell this is what I was saying.