• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Expectations for the year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean to bump this, but I am not trying to say Edelman sucks as much as that we are reliant on the young guys to contribute to be successful. If Edelman is still beating out the young guys when the playoffs roll around, we don't have enough firepower to win. He is a slot guy, and Amendola is a better one. We need outside threats, and if Dobson and Thompkins don't step up enough to win the outside spots, we are in trouble.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean to bump this, but I am not trying to say Edelman sucks as much as that we are reliant on the young guys to contribute to be successful. If Edelman is still beating out the young guys when the playoffs roll around, we don't have enough firepower to win. He is a slot guy, and Amendola is a better one. We need outside threats, and if Dobson and Thompkins don't step up enough to win the outside spots, we are in trouble.

It remains clear you are not hot on Edelman. I am. I have been saying all along that he does not get enough respect from Pats fans but I think he will. The rookies will be fine and they will develop. With Dobson out Thompkins played #1. In his first game? Not a good recipe. I expect Dobson to develop into a #1 and Thompkins to develop into a possession receiver. I don't think Edelmans success will hinder their growth - only help.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman can't play outside. I am not saying his success hinders anyone. But he is an inside guy. We have to have people who can play outside beat him out and play outside, or this is not a Super Bowl team.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he can play some outside wr at the #2 spot he did it last year some even. but ideally you would like him in the slot and get dobson at the #1 and keep thomkins at the #2. amendola is in the slot so i dont mind using edelman outside some. i agree with you though we cant rely on using edelman on the outside for the playoffs against the best teams.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a slot guy and is below average on the outside. This team relying on him to consistently make plays on the outside is not a serious contender.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont worry i doubt he will be outside starting for playoffs and such. i do like using him outside some cuz he can make plays there aside from just in the slot. dont like benching him behind welker or amendola all the time, hes too talented to not be on the field in some form.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he can't see the field there at all. But if he is taking the bulk of those reps I don't see us winning postseason games.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump. At the bye, what's changed?

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expectations for the defense are in the toilet. Their three best players and arguably 4 of their best 6 starters didn't play this week, with 3 of them on injured reserve.

The offense is starting to click, though.

They will be in the playoffs with a chance to win some games, and a healthy Gronk through the playoffs would mean a healthy chance at winning the Super Bowl.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense hasn't been doing terrible considering, but I agree the injuries have seriously added up.

I have been claiming this before this week but Dobson has been close for a while and looked good this week (against a bad team). Thompkins has been quiet with whatever is wrong with him, but Dobson, Gronk, Amendola, Edelman, with Thompkins maybe getting involved again when he gets healthy is starting to gel a little. I still would love a guy like Larry Fitzgerald if he does get moved this offseason and we can get his cap hit down some next year, but I think we are in decent shape.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Offense is looking better and way better if Brady is now on track. Our offense is still banged up. I think when we are writing the injury report, they get "writers cramp"

Our defense looked awesome but injuries have taken a toll. We are still getting guys back but the second team has to step up. Our second team defense looked terrible, early in the year. The good news is they are improving. If they are good enough to make the team, they are good enough to play and improve (or maybe not) Time will tell.

Carolina will be a good test for our offense and defense.
Denver will be "trial by fire" for our defense. With Talib back, we have a very good secondary that will give Manning trouble.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that step forward Dobson took is for real, the Patriots have a true #1 WR in the making.

Of course we'd all love Fitzgerald, but who wouldn't? The money will be the biggest thing - his cap hit is QB levels and our cap space next year will be... limited, due to the Hernandez debacle.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that step forward Dobson took is for real, the Patriots have a true #1 WR in the making.

Of course we'd all love Fitzgerald, but who wouldn't? The money will be the biggest thing - his cap hit is QB levels and our cap space next year will be... limited, due to the Hernandez debacle.

Fitzgerald's price is going to be high and he seems to be declining. (his completion percentage last year was 46%) He's still very good but unless he'll take a pay cut, I say no. We have the makings of a very good receiving corps - give it time. (watch for another TE in draft)

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have plenty of faith in Dobson. But if we could get Fitzgerald to a 12 and cut amendola this offense is unstoppable IMO, and the addition to the cap isn't too brutal. Clearly it takes him being tired of losing, but something could get done.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzgerald's price is going to be high and he seems to be declining. (his completion percentage last year was 46%) He's still very good but unless he'll take a pay cut, I say no. We have the makings of a very good receiving corps - give it time. (watch for another TE in draft)
Wouldn't sweat that. Any WR's completion percentage is gonna go down playing with those QBs. But of course it'd be contingent on a major, major pay cut.