• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

expanded playoffs

are you for expanded playoffs?

• yes, the more teams the better

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • no, it's money grab prue and simple

Votes: 35 87.5%
  • yes, as long as rules prevent uncluding sub .500 teams

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean it would be surpassed within the next year but if the trend keeps going the way it is, I'll grow tired of the product. I'm already getting there. You can't tackle anymore. It's turning into synchronized swimming. I know that's an exaggeration but it's really becoming touch football.

:agree: However a lot of these changes is the results of lawsuits, I like the days when violent hits were applauded not flagged, but those days are gone. Still beats baseball IMO. Maybe that is because of the Mariners.:lol:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's moving in the wrong direction, though, and this is just another step down that path.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn right they did. If you're the third best team in your own division what claim do you have that you're the best team in football? And you still could have got a wild card spot if you'd actually earned it...

Who said anything about best team in football?

You are correct, we could have earned a wild card spot if we actually earned it or if we were in the AFC East.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoffs are to determine the best teams in football. This is determined by allowing the winners of each individual division to fight it out for the championship. Out of pure generosity, wild card spots were added for teams who didn't earn their division championship. Your team wasn't good enough for either. Therefore, they deserved nothing.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The playoffs are to determine the best teams in football. This is determined by allowing the winners of each individual division to fight it out for the championship. Out of pure generosity, wild card spots were added for teams who didn't earn their division championship. Your team wasn't good enough for either. Therefore, they deserved nothing.

Wild Card spots were added for revenue first and foremost and also because the divisional system is flawed when it comes to putting forth the best teams into the playoffs.

If you wanted to put the best teams in the playoffs you would just split the conferences and strictly seed by record.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you wouldn't. Divisions play essentially the same schedule. This is why division champions get in and get the highest seeds. Because you did the best with the teams that were presented to you. Who's to say a 11-5 team that played opponents that were 20 games under .500 is better than a 10-6 team with opponents that finished 20 games over .500. Divisions handle that because the teams you are competing with for the playoff spot play almost all the same teams you do.

Any change is 100% guaranteed to result in a lower quality product. The current system is perfection beyond any doubt. Win your division or you deserve nothing.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any change is 100% guaranteed to result in a lower quality product. The current system is perfection beyond any doubt. Win your division or you deserve nothing.

I concur

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

iconcur.jpg

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking more Millbarge and Fitz-Hume