• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ex-flyer free agents

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
was taking a look at a list of the UFAs this summer, and i was shocked to see the number of former flyers of the last 5-6 years on it.

mike knuble
scottie upshall
simon gagne
michal handzus
mark recchi
joni pitkanen
andrew alberts
ben eager
jim vandermeer

so i ask... any of these guys you would want the flyers to reacquire in the offseason, given some space to sign them?
i feel lots of these guys, while many aging or past their prime, can fill in very huge roles on 3rd/4th lines for a reasonable price.

i wouldnt be opposed to trying to bring back any of knuble, gagne, or upshall.

knuble - yeah he'll be 39, but hes exactly the kind of presence this team has missed since, well, mike knuble left. he could be a solid 3rd line guy for around 2 mil maybe.

gagne - i think his presence not being there really hurt this team. hes a great two way forward veteran leader who, while aging and injury prone, can bring a lot to a team when on his A game. i think all along the flyers planned on trying to bring him back after his one season in tampa. likelihood of it happening? probably 25% given cap issues, but with ville's eventual departure i wouldn't mind trying to bring back gags to a cap friendly 2.5 per for 2-3 years.

upshall - would LOVE him back, but unfortunately hes going to be too expensive. great energy guy entering his prime who could easily score 20-25 goals on this team given ice time. won't be back, can't afford him.

thoughts? thought it would be interesting since we will be most likely losing ville and another forward to trade, one of these guys might be a nice, cheaper option on the top 9.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was taking a look at a list of the UFAs this summer, and i was shocked to see the number of former flyers of the last 5-6 years on it.

mike knuble
scottie upshall
simon gagne
michal handzus
mark recchi
joni pitkanen
andrew alberts
ben eager
jim vandermeer

One of those 3, for 1 year.

Recchi

Knuble

Handzus.

Upshall would be nice, but I am not feeling it for some reason

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any of the top 5 if theyre affordable.. loved or really liked all of them

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Knuble re-signed for one more year with the Caps. Almost positive...
I love Recchi, but they were talking about benching him for the last 2 rounds b/c he has been so ineffective.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to have Knuble. Wish he never left.