• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone happy now?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the penalty handed down? For those who answer yes, what happens "IF" NE somehow wins SB 50 will you feel the same way?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude calm down. Tom Brady didn't cooperate with the NFL on an investigation and got suspended. As CinemaSins would put it, "Your boner for Tom Brady is a dick to boners."

That said, I don't understand the NFL taking away the picks. ???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the penalty handed down? For those who answer yes, what happens "IF" NE somehow wins SB 50 will you feel the same way?

I didn't think he should be suspended, but why do you frame it as if anyone that wanted him suspended was just anti-Patriot and wouldn't be happy if they won the SB? Why can't someone just feel what he did deserved a suspension?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5numl6L.gif

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think he should be suspended, but why do you frame it as if anyone that wanted him suspended was just anti-Patriot and wouldn't be happy if they won the SB? Why can't someone just feel what he did deserved a suspension?
There was no intent at framing it. Some people wanted more. Some wanted less. This left it opened ended. The portion about the next SB was to see how people would respond 8 months from now. I think "IF" NE somehow beat their team they may change their tune next year is all.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NWPF I called 4 games that gets lowered to 2 all along and that still may come to pass. He probably deserves 6 at least, but this is how they handled it.

Will people accept them as champs after this? Probably not. This taints the entire team. It paints the already hurt image in a worst light. The haters are going to keep on hating no matter what. That's how it is. If your team stops cheating for a few years maybe it will die down, but it just feels like something else will come up by then if BB is still there.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already said on these boards if they were found guilty the penalty shoukd be severe. Otherwise there is no deterrent. Unlike the useless fine for Woody Johnson.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NWPF I called 4 games that gets lowered to 2 all along and that still may come to pass. He probably deserves 6 at least, but this is how they handled it.

Will people accept them as champs after this? Probably not. This taints the entire team. It paints the already hurt image in a worst light. The haters are going to keep on hating no matter what. That's how it is. If your team stops cheating for a few years maybe it will die down, but it just feels like something else will come up by then if BB is still there.
I agreed the 4/2 games. I think the fine and two picks is a little harsh. Especially since they are saying it is componded because of spygate. These are different circumstances. Otherwise teams with multiple PED and banned substances should be losing picks and $.
As I said in other posts I'm ok with the NFL coming down hard. Now they need to continue handing out harsh punishments to actually deter teams and players. My :2cents: worth

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no intent at framing it. Some people wanted more. Some wanted less. This left it opened ended. The portion about the next SB was to see how people would respond 8 months from now. I think "IF" NE somehow beat their team they may change their tune next year is all.

Gotcha. I would think once the suspension is over it will be business as usual. I guess a few extra people will become NE haters because of "another" NE scandal and some others may actually root for NE that never had before (probably not as many) because they think it was a BS suspension. I think if NE is in the SB most fans will root against them with or without this issue because fans that don't love or hate NE will just want to see someone new win. The two exceptions would be if they face Sea or Dal. Against those two teams I would expect most NFL fans to root for NE.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was hoping for 8 games so after appeal he would get the 4 he deserves

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......pats will come-out swinging,......heed my Fkkn warning....!!,..........*thunder/lightning/hail/ in background*

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did B squared manage not to catch any shrapnel?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm really upset they didn't keep Revis, Browner and Wilfork. :mad2:

Clearly Goodell has succumbed to whims of the mob. I'm just glad the NFL doesn't play in Singapore or the Middle East.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I won't be happy til the decade-long culture of cheating by the New England Patriots is over. That won't happen til Robert Kraft is out of this league. That'll be a glorious day for the integrity of the game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be happy til the decade-long culture of cheating by the New England Patriots is over. That won't happen til Robert Kraft is out of this league. That'll be a glorious day for the integrity of the game.
Hammer I don't think you will ever be happy. Too much anger. probably from all those years as a Titan fan.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer I don't think you will ever be happy. Too much anger. probably from all those years as a Titan fan.

Anger? You kidding? I'm fucking DELIGHTED with this slap on the wrist! I wasn't even expecting that.

Oh, and the Pats are definite favorites to win the SB. Hell, if they could win last year in spite of Brady's abysmal play, they're unstoppable with the kid in there.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for 8 games so after appeal he would get the 4 he deserves

I don't think he's going to win an appeal. It will stay at 4. If Goodell learned anything from the Ray Rice debacle, it was to get the suspension right the first time, especially if everyone is watching.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did B squared manage not to catch any shrapnel?

Sean Payton got a year for what happened on his watch and it wasn't even cheating. :L

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that this was meant to be a well rounded penalty hence the loss of picks and cash to the owner...it hits everyone. They definitely took into account past occurrences no different that they would with an ex-con...makes sense since the same group of people were involved.

PED's, stickem, etc...are bad but they technically only affect one player whereas the footballs can affect every player on the field so I can see it being harsher. Plus the balls were doctored after the refs cleared them which is pretty sneaky even though the league should have had better control over the situation. Hopefully they fix that and don't allow this crap to happen anymore no matter the team...