• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Even with all the Turnovers its very evident

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team will be scrwed if their QB blows a knee. The differnce is that Foles has proven he isnt durable.

Has he? Injuries are not predictable. However if you put all your apples in one basket as you want to do with Mariota and he blows he knee out like say RGIII did then you set your franchise back for years. Just look at the mess that Washington is right now and all of that was due to RGIII essentially not living up to what they gave up to get him. All the picks they gave up for him they were not able to upgrade in other areas. Even getting lucky when Chip went brain dead and cut a weapon like Jackson didn't help them much this year.

Like I said before I have not problem with them bringing in another QB to compete with Foles. Bring in a Brett Hundley or Bryce Petty type in round 2 or 3. But right now unless you want to set your program back another 5 years you have to go with Foles.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck their radio talk shows. I could care less what they think. Whos to say they dont like Winston more? The dude is a God down here.

50 bux ... I'll take Mariota and you can have the field including Winston for Tampa ... lmk :)

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he? Injuries are not predictable. However if you put all your apples in one basket as you want to do with Mariota and he blows he knee out like say RGIII did then you set your franchise back for years. Just look at the mess that Washington is right now and all of that was due to RGIII essentially not living up to what they gave up to get him. All the picks they gave up for him they were not able to upgrade in other areas. Even getting lucky when Chip went brain dead and cut a weapon like Jackson didn't help them much this year.

Like I said before I have not problem with them bringing in another QB to compete with Foles. Bring in a Brett Hundley or Bryce Petty type in round 2 or 3. But right now unless you want to set your program back another 5 years you have to go with Foles.

Hundley will go round 1, if he comes out. Possibly to us.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 bux ... I'll take Mariota and you can have the field including Winston for Tampa ... lmk :)

IDK who they want.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley will go round 1, if he comes out. Possibly to us.

Eagles are not taking a QB in the first round unless by some miracle Mariota drops to us. Otherwise they will not even think QB.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are not taking a QB in the first round unless by some miracle Mariota drops to us. Otherwise they will not even think QB.

Hundley played in Chips college conference & his college coach, who came from the NFL raves about him.
Foles has missed time in all 3 of his NFL seasons, was leading the NFL in turnovers when he got hurt & will be a FA at years end.

I wouldnt just dismiss the idea.

Shit..Hundley may go much higher than 20 if he comes out. It wouldnt shock me thats for sure.

Winston? No way they pick him.

Last edited by a moderator:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't be too sure that we won't draft a QB in the 1st. Depends upon what happens in free agency.

Hundley has a long way to go to be a finished product, but he has tools that Chip wants.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't completely dismiss the idea of QB in Rd 1 with Hundley or Rd 2 with either Prescott or Petty. Foles isn't mobile and he was leading the league in turnovers when he got hurt ... we all "hope" that with better protection he can move forward as our guy, but that's no given. I can't see Chip putting all his eggs in Foles' basket.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't completely dismiss the idea of QB in Rd 1 with Hundley or Rd 2 with either Prescott or Petty. Foles isn't mobile and he was leading the league in turnovers when he got hurt ... we all "hope" that with better protection he can move forward as our guy, but that's no given. I can't see Chip putting all his eggs in Foles' basket.

:agree:

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Basically what I am thinking although I would say the only way they take a chance on a QB in round 1 is if they have fixed the secondary via free agency (which I expect them to do).

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically what I am thinking although I would say the only way they take a chance on a QB in round 1 is if they have fixed the secondary via free agency (which I expect them to do).

I can see thing but even then I don't think the go QB. If it is not Winston or Mariota I cannot see the Eagles using a first round pick on a QB not for the sake of competition. We drafted a project last year (Smith) and just does not make sense to do it again. We need first rounders to contribute.

The Eagles finished the year 5th in total offense and 3rd in scoring offense. That is with Foles behind a completely broke down line an very average (being generous) backup in Sanchez.

tbone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step one should be fixing this shit hole of a secondary we have. Foles had 2 years of greatness/Sloppy play. He is neither great nor is he terrible. Quite honestly if you take away the mans best threat in the offense hes not gonna be better. Much worse QBs have hoisted the trophy than Foles. Foles is fine. We need a jenny jones make over on D in some areas and some fine tuning on the offensive side of the ball and we will be fine. I am not a Maclin fan but he had a nice year. We miss our deep threat BAD. Maclin put up good numbers but he does not command on the field what Djax did. We fix the D...get a deep threat on O and add a decent OL and we are much improved for battle.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the priorities could not be clearer: fix the secondary, and begin to replace the aging players on the offensive line.

If a QB they really like drops to our pick in round one, maybe they go QB. This franchise under Lurie has always invested in QBs, though usually in the 2nd round or later, and it has generally been a good use of picks. And Barkley does not appear to be an ideal backup. So I would never rule that out.

But you have to address the secondary and the line or it doesn't matter who is playing QB.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's on the Georgia Oline?

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL is a HUGE priority if Foles is gonna remain starter. It is anyway but its an even bigger priority if the statue is back at the helm.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Andrews is pretty good.....he is the Georgia center.....Wiz must have been watching Nick Chubb run wild last night :)