• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Even with all the Turnovers its very evident

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team can still score points despite major injuries to the offensive line, backup QB's etc. Set the team record for points. This offseason has to be first and foremost about getting the secondary straightened out, getting Foles healthy and keeping key players like Maclin here. Chip needs to address some issues with his play calling (which I thought was very good today). They need to continue to develop guys like Jordan Mathews.

So the key to this offseason and much to Swats dismay is not going balls out to get another QB, its about going balls out to get a championship level defense and in order to do that they have to upgrade the corners and other safety position.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team can still score points despite major injuries to the offensive line, backup QB's etc. Set the team record for points. This offseason has to be first and foremost about getting the secondary straightened out, getting Foles healthy and keeping key players like Maclin here. Chip needs to address some issues with his play calling (which I thought was very good today). They need to continue to develop guys like Jordan Mathews.

So the key to this offseason and much to Swats dismay is not going balls out to get another QB, its about going balls out to get a championship level defense and in order to do that they have to upgrade the corners and other safety position.

Agree 100%

QB should not be on anyone's radar. The Eagles will not find a better QB than Foles in the draft or in free agency this year.

The focus needs to be the secondary.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with Foles at QB next year. Add an OG and a #2 WR. The rest is all Defense.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with Foles at QB next year. Add an OG and a #2 WR. The rest is all Defense.

Probably... though WR ranks pretty low on my list to be honest...

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon is available.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon is available.

Josh Gordon with this offense and I think the Eagles could set offensive pass record....not just the team records but NFL records.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to trade for Josh Gordon. Have to agree with the above that it should be all about the defense going into the free agent period and the draft. Fix that secondary and we are a legit contender. I don't think Foles is the answer but he will more than likely get his last chance to prove that next year on the cheap.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We cut Jackson but we'll trade for Gordon? Wtf?

Hey..I dont mind being alone on the Mariota bandwagon. I dont think Foles is any better than Sanchez to be honest. He had a damn good 1/2 a season in 2013. Yee-haw. Chip scored a ton with sanchez too. Lol.

The problems on O and there are problems.. is the QB & OG. . Lest u forget the Seattle/SF games...Seems crazy to me to think they are not huge issues againat teams not named the NYG, Titans, Texans etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing with Foles you can hope for is him being somewhere in the Trent Dilfer, maybe Alex Smith range... Looking at how he played this yes, there is quite a bit that he needs to improve upon - and he has shown he can be better at those points than he was this season.

I am not too sure whether there will be any serious upgrade available in these drafts... maybe we stumble into one coming out. So we need to go somewhere else - and that is why you do NOT trade away Shady. So yeah, focus should be on defense mostly.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swat there are many of us on the Mariota bandwagon.....the problem is it is a pipedream. Why? Because Tampa bay wants the guy and they need him more than we do!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swat there are many of us on the Mariota bandwagon.....the problem is it is a pipedream. Why? Because Tampa bay wants the guy and they need him more than we do!

This

I'm listening to the talk shows down here as we speak ... unless the Birds were to offer 4 1sts, it's not happening. 3 1st wouldn't get it done. I love Mariota, but I've moved on from that possibility.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck their radio talk shows. I could care less what they think. Whos to say they dont like Winston more? The dude is a God down here.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be surprised if they draft a Wr in the 1st round, if they sign 2 Cbs and 1 safety in free agency.
They will try to find a taker for Cooper for even a conditional 78th rd pick. He is a cap liability.
If a stud Wr is available, and Wayns is gone, then it very well could a Wr like White or Parker.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota is a pipedream, I agree. 4 #1s is realistic, since we'd have to move up 19 spots, and why would TB want to do that? The Skins gave up 3 #1s + just to move up from #6 to #2. Not gonna happen.

Cb
Cb
S
WR
ILB
OL

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense wins championships.

Mariotta is a nice thought but improbable.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, if they could get Mariota for Foles and our number 1 I say go for it. But that is not happening. Plus as I have outlined before when was the last time a rookie QB won a Super bowl? Foles was going through some growing pains earlier this year, offensive line was a mess, Foles started to drift and throw off his back foot. All of that can be fixed in the offseason.

Conversely we have been looking at a secondary who has been historically bad for the last 4 years. They have to address the corner and safety both in the draft and free agency before they can look to upgrade any other position in my opinion.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Foles with a better Oline and another WR. You almost have to give him a fair shake next year.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the year to make the QB decision. Cant wait until he is a FA. What if he totally blows &/or gets hurt for a 4th straight season?

SCREWED

No way. Get something for him now & go get Mariota. At least try dammit.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the year to make the QB decision. Cant wait until he is a FA. What if he totally blows & gets hurt for a 4th straight season?

SCREWED

What if you trade everything you want to trade to get Mariota and he totally blows or gets hurt? You set the franchise back for years. If Foles doesn't make it next year most likely you are drafting in the top 10 and you get a guy like Hackenburg from Penn State.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team will be scrwed if their QB blows a knee. The differnce is that Foles has proven he isnt durable.