• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN yanks another scheduled televised Lakers game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be sweet when the Lakers come back and ESPN comes crawling back to the Lakers to schedule more games - If the Lakers tells ESPN to go fuck themselves and Jim Buss in my opinion is spiteful enough to do just that - lol

Not saying I know, but do teams really have a choice?
I think if the league has a contract with the networks, then the teams are at the mercy of that contract.

Anyway, your scenario won't be playing out anytime soon.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be sweet when the Lakers come back and ESPN comes crawling back to the Lakers to schedule more games - If the Lakers tells ESPN to go fuck themselves and Jim Buss in my opinion is spiteful enough to do just that - lol

He may be spiteful enough but is he competent enough to put a team together that ESPN wants to show?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying I know, but do teams really have a choice?
I think if the league has a contract with the networks, then the teams are at the mercy of that contract.

Anyway, your scenario won't be playing out anytime soon.

If the Lakers and ESPN has a contract then the network could be sued for a breach of contract though, so I doubt that - the truth is that the Lakers have distributed games over three stations prior to TWCS which is the one I watch - I really don't watch ESPN - I just don't care for Charles and Shaq and I like James Worthy and the team they have much much better. Next year, before the season starts, the Lakers could easily yank games from them - assuming that the NBA front office does not control that part. Either way if the Lakers have that choice - then I think ESPN loses out next year, not that ESPN loses out that much any way.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers and ESPN has a contract then the network could be sued for a breach of contract though, so I doubt that - the truth is that the Lakers have distributed games over three stations prior to TWCS which is the one I watch - I really don't watch ESPN - I just don't care for Charles and Shaq and I like James Worthy and the team they have much much better. Next year, before the season starts, the Lakers could easily yank games from them - assuming that the NBA front office does not control that part. Either way if the Lakers have that choice - then I think ESPN loses out next year, not that ESPN loses out that much any way.

Mmmkay. Pretty sure ESPN can and will show any game they want.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers don't have a contract with ESPN/ABC, the league does.
I believe the Lakers ( and every other team) is at the mercy of that contract.
They ( lakers) do have contract/ contracts with local affiliates.
Often times local broadcasts can also show the game, but sometimes they can't.

I believe once the playoffs get to the point of the conference Finals, then all teams lose the right to local broadcasts.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You dont like Shaq and Barkley on ESPN?

Do you think Jalen Rose do a good job on TNT?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He told you to save it for him - NOT SMOKE IT:laugh3:

h853F1E5C

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers don't have a contract with ESPN/ABC, the league does.
I believe the Lakers ( and every other team) is at the mercy of that contract.
They ( lakers) do have contract/ contracts with local affiliates.
Often times local broadcasts can also show the game, but sometimes they can't.

I believe once the playoffs get to the point of the conference Finals, then all teams lose the right to local broadcasts.

Spot on correct. It's a contract with the league to show the best games/teams/stars. As much as I hate to admit it, Suns/Rockets is a much better choice right now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a big deal......ESPN does this every year if you guys pay attention

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except TLF

I haven't been paying attention much - I am just hoping the Lakers continue losing so they will have a better draft pick - Like I said before - I don't watch ESPN - I prefer TWCS over them every day of the week and in fact I think it's better marketing for the NBA if ESPN does NOT broadcast games regardless of the Lakers losing or winning regularily in a season. We all know already that the Lakers going to be watch no matter where they are broadcast, but I enjoy seeing something different on the other channels and prefer to have alternate choices. :lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont like Shaq and Barkley on ESPN?

Do you think Jalen Rose do a good job on TNT?

It's not that Shaq and Barkely don't do a good job or Jalen Rose, and the others - but I do like TWCS better. I just can't bring myself to watch and enjoy the enemy(Shaq and Barkely) rip the Lakers up every game and know that they are enjoying it.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been paying attention much - I am just hoping the Lakers continue losing so they will have a better draft pick - Like I said before - I don't watch ESPN - I prefer TWCS over them every day of the week and in fact I think it's better marketing for the NBA if ESPN does NOT broadcast games regardless of the Lakers losing or winning regularily in a season. We all know already that the Lakers going to be watch no matter where they are broadcast, but I enjoy seeing something different on the other channels and prefer to have alternate choices. :lol:

Yes sir our home network is the best. I love how they give backstage Lakers & 24/7 news on whats going on with the team in practice & their personal lives, great stuff. I'm pretty sure everybody else outside of LA gets Lakers news only from ESPN or twitter & think they know everything that's going on with the Lakers more than us Lakers fans. :laugh3::laugh3:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that Shaq and Barkely don't do a good job or Jalen Rose, and the others - but I do like TWCS better. I just can't bring myself to watch and enjoy the enemy(Shaq and Barkely) rip the Lakers up every game and know that they are enjoying it.

I think he was referring to Shaq and Barkley being on TNT not ESPN.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he is also tired of Shaq and Barkley on ESPN.

I was thinking the two bozos were on ESPN - but either way - I don't watch tnt or espn any more - that's how closely I follow them - I like James Worthy over the other guys every day of the week and they have had Robert Horry lately as well. I like them.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the two bozos were on ESPN - but either way - I don't watch tnt or espn any more - that's how closely I follow them - I like James Worthy over the other guys every day of the week and they have had Robert Horry lately as well. I like them.

Robert Horry, Luke Walton & Byron Scott talk the real deal on TWC SN & Jaime Maggio is fine ass fuck!

jaime-maggio9.jpg

:fap: