• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

espn takes big shit on vt, lol

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be pretty bad ass to see an 11-1 VT squad roll into the ACCC game against a 12-0 FSU squad. Arguably the #1 defense in cfb against Famous Jameis. Old school ACC powerteam vs new school (relative to conference expansion) ACC powerteam. Would be some good headlines there. Doubt it goes down like that though.

WTF? Really? ^^^^^ This is the reference for my post. Old school vs new school. Get it? :scratch:

i'm pretty sure he was saying old school acc powerteam (FSU) and new school powerteam (VT), so you're essentially just reemphasizing what he said?

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he also doesn't realize the quality of talent that was on the field during that 9-6 snoozefest. Just look at the players drafted on offense from those teams.

Trent Richardson, Chance Warmack, Reuben Randle, DJ Fluker, Eddie Lacy, Barrett Jones, Spencer Ware, Brad Smelley, Michael Williams...

And if you really didn't know the defenses were 2 of the best ever assembled in college football, take a look at these drafted players:
Morris Claiborne, Mark Barron, Barkevious Mingo, Dee Milliner, Michael Brockers, Dre Kirkpatrick, Eric Reid, Kevin Minter, Dont'a Hightower, Courtney Upshaw, Bennie Logan, Tyrann Mathieu, Sam Montgomery, Nico Johnson, Brandon Taylor, Ron Brooks, Josh Chapman, Dequan Menzie, Jessie Williams, Tharold Simon, Levar Edwards, Quentin Dial...

That's 22 NFL-caliber defensive players. Think about that. Why would anyone expect teams to be able to score 30 points on these guys?

And this doesn't even include the good players who will be drafted that are still on these teams. You've got to go back quite a few years (Maybe Miami-Ohio State title game? Maybe not even then?) to find that many good players on the field at once.

:suds:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he also doesn't realize the quality of talent that was on the field during that 9-6 snoozefest. Just look at the players drafted on offense from those teams.

Trent Richardson, Chance Warmack, Reuben Randle, DJ Fluker, Eddie Lacy, Barrett Jones, Spencer Ware, Brad Smelley, Michael Williams...

And if you really didn't know the defenses were 2 of the best ever assembled in college football, take a look at these drafted players:
Morris Claiborne, Mark Barron, Barkevious Mingo, Dee Milliner, Michael Brockers, Dre Kirkpatrick, Eric Reid, Kevin Minter, Dont'a Hightower, Courtney Upshaw, Bennie Logan, Tyrann Mathieu, Sam Montgomery, Nico Johnson, Brandon Taylor, Ron Brooks, Josh Chapman, Dequan Menzie, Jessie Williams, Tharold Simon, Levar Edwards, Quentin Dial...

That's 22 NFL-caliber defensive players. Think about that. Why would anyone expect teams to be able to score 30 points on these guys?

And this doesn't even include the good players who will be drafted that are still on these teams. You've got to go back quite a few years (Maybe Miami-Ohio State title game? Maybe not even then?) to find that many good players on the field at once.

I hate T Rich....that no talent hack is killing my fantasy team! :lm:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many of these guys have made a real impact in the league?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of these guys have made a real impact in the league?

obviously they aren't all pro-bowlers. none of them have more than 1.5 years in the nfl. some will be studs in time. nevertheless, they were all college standouts and if you really think oklahoma state or oregon or any other team out there had this much talent on the field or were as good as either lsu or alabama, you are kidding yourself.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like moving up in the polls because teams around you lose. Good for Beamer.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously they aren't all pro-bowlers. none of them have more than 1.5 years in the nfl. some will be studs in time. nevertheless, they were all college standouts and if you really think oklahoma state or oregon or any other team out there had this much talent on the field or were as good as either lsu or alabama, you are kidding yourself.
-
this is true, but not sure it is completely applicable. If pure talent was the deciding factor Auburn never wins a title. Majority of the time talent rules the day, but there are plenty of games where the less talented team wins. Think Texas the last 3 yrs and Auburn last yr. Sometimes the whole is greater than the individual parts.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love that all the Bama fans are trying to pimp VT so their sos looks better.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like moving up in the polls because teams around you lose. Good for Beamer.

i'd rather be 6-1 moving up in the polls because we had a bye week than sitting at 3-4, and blown out by Maryland, not to mention letting any team put up 73 on us :dhd:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd rather be 6-1 moving up in the polls because we had a bye week than sitting at 3-4, and blown out by Maryland, not to mention letting any team put up 73 on us :dhd:

I, too, was confused by the WVU fan talking trash.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well considering VPI has been on a bye week since week 1, you'd better be 6-1. Please don't act like you'd have that record with the schedule we played. You have played one team worth a damn. You play two total the whole reg season. VPI better get 10 wins, silly turkey.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love that all the Bama fans are trying to pimp VT so their sos looks better.

VT hasn't really looked that great for most of the season, but they've done nothing but win games. i don't really see much separating them from ohio state, other than 1 has had to face a legit great team and the other hasn't.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering VPI has been on a bye week since week 1, you'd better be 6-1. Please don't act like you'd have that record with the schedule we played. You have played one team worth a damn. You play two total the whole reg season. VPI better get 10 wins, silly turkey.

i mean they played georgia tech and east carolina. i don't think maryland is leaps and bounds better than either of those teams. i feel confident GT, ECU, and VT would all be able to keep it within 5 touchdowns against them.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't spew because your program is a dumpster fire. It fits you well.