• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

espn takes big shit on vt, lol

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why the guy would say that. VT has impressed me with their D all year. Well, since BAMA anyway.

Personally I think if someone is insulting VT at this pt we have one too many cfb programs lacking football knowledge.

did you watch their D against the bama game? they played pretty well against one of the best offenses in the country.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you watch their D against the bama game? they played pretty well against one of the best offenses in the country.

It was one of the best games VT's defense has played all season and definitely the most impressive. They held Bama's O to 205 total yds.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why that guy would talk smack towards VA Tech b/c in all honesty, we can talk about FSU being great and playing for the NC, but we all forget how much VA Tech owns the ACC. ACC is VT's conference, so nothing is set in stone about FSU winning it yet.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Mothership" has thrown an "entire bag-o-marbles" @ the SEC and owns their rights. Would ANYONE expect any different behavior from any other OWNER than what ESPN spews out on a nightly basis about anyone other than TEAM SEC?

Glad to see that ESL course is working out for you.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why that guy would talk smack towards VA Tech b/c in all honesty, we can talk about FSU being great and playing for the NC, but we all forget how much VA Tech owns the ACC. ACC is VT's conference, so nothing is set in stone about FSU winning it yet.

Would be pretty bad ass to see an 11-1 VT squad roll into the ACCC game against a 12-0 FSU squad. Arguably the #1 defense in cfb against Famous Jameis. Old school ACC powerteam vs new school (relative to conference expansion) ACC powerteam. Would be some good headlines there. Doubt it goes down like that though.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be pretty bad ass to see an 11-1 VT squad roll into the ACCC game against a 12-0 FSU squad. Arguably the #1 defense in cfb against Famous Jameis. Old school ACC powerteam vs new school (relative to conference expansion) ACC powerteam. Would be some good headlines there. Doubt it goes down like that though.

I just find it odd that all the talk by the media and on this board is all about FSU, Clemson and Miami, and nobody is mentioning VA Tech, who owns all 3 of those teams and owns the ACC. VA Tech's only loss was against Bama, and I know Bama would monkeystomp Clemson and Miami with ease, and would beat FSU.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why the guy would say that. VT has impressed me with their D all year. Well, since BAMA anyway.

Personally I think if someone is insulting VT at this pt we have one too many cfb programs lacking football knowledge.

you must be lumping in ST with the D if VT's D didn't impress you in the Bama game
-McCarron was 10-24 with 110 yards, 4.6 yards per pass, and an INT
-team had 96 rushing yards on 38 attempts, 2.5 yards per run
-Defense held Bama to 14 PA

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. I didn't get to see that one. I'd heard they did well, just never checked the box score.

Good on them. Even less reason for espin to hate on VT.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure why you would say that. VT's defense completely shut down the Bama offense. Bama had 62 plays for 206 yards. Ran for 2.5 a carry. Averaged a pathetic 3.3 per play. Bama scored, but that was more about special teams and defense. VT defense has been excellent vs everyone. Do not let the final score fool you.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you would say that. VT's defense completely shut down the Bama offense. Bama had 62 plays for 206 yards. Ran for 2.5 a carry. Averaged a pathetic 3.3 per play. Bama scored, but that was more about special teams and defense. VT defense has been excellent vs everyone. Do not let the final score fool you.

Read the whole thread.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just a FYI, FSU joined the ACC in 1978 and VT joined in 2004. :suds:

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well. Prove them wrong. Pound Miami. Beat FSU in the ACCCG and win a major bowl game.

Wondet what hed say then. Vt would have wins vs his #7 and #1 teams then, with only loss vs his #3. Guess hed have them at #1 bitching about how everybody sux, lol.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well. Prove them wrong. Pound Miami. Beat FSU in the ACCCG and win a major bowl game.

This is the biggest black mark on VT's program. You've owned the ACC, which until this year has largely been one of the worst, or the worst, BCS conference. When VT has gone out of conference, whether it's bowl season or early season OOC, they can't beat teams with a pulse. I mean, fuck, losing to Kansas? I know so many of the VT fans on here just try and rip me to shreds when I'm critical of VT, but to this day they still haven't accomplished enough to be considered elite. When the day comes that they're able to beat a really good team OOC, that will be the start. Until then, they've been the best of a shitty conference that shows it's true colors against the better teams from other conferences.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the biggest black mark on VT's program. You've owned the ACC, which until this year has largely been one of the worst, or the worst, BCS conference. When VT has gone out of conference, whether it's bowl season or early season OOC, they can't beat teams with a pulse. I mean, fuck, losing to Kansas? I know so many of the VT fans on here just try and rip me to shreds when I'm critical of VT, but to this day they still haven't accomplished enough to be considered elite. When the day comes that they're able to beat a really good team OOC, that will be the start. Until then, they've been the best of a shitty conference that shows it's true colors against the better teams from other conferences.

very true that a big part of the perception that the ACC has been so mediocre is because of VT's nonconference results. plenty of other reasons, too. but when you lose to james madison and then go 8-0 in conference and then wein the ACC CG, it really reflects poorly on the conference. i don't think oregon state is going to have that kind of success as they get into the meat of their schedule, but i don't see being at 4-0 in the pac-12 following a loss to eastern washington doesn't reflect poorly on the pac-12 (at least the middle/bottom of it).

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody hasn't watched any sec football for the past 2 years

and he also doesn't realize the quality of talent that was on the field during that 9-6 snoozefest. Just look at the players drafted on offense from those teams.

Trent Richardson, Chance Warmack, Reuben Randle, DJ Fluker, Eddie Lacy, Barrett Jones, Spencer Ware, Brad Smelley, Michael Williams...

And if you really didn't know the defenses were 2 of the best ever assembled in college football, take a look at these drafted players:
Morris Claiborne, Mark Barron, Barkevious Mingo, Dee Milliner, Michael Brockers, Dre Kirkpatrick, Eric Reid, Kevin Minter, Dont'a Hightower, Courtney Upshaw, Bennie Logan, Tyrann Mathieu, Sam Montgomery, Nico Johnson, Brandon Taylor, Ron Brooks, Josh Chapman, Dequan Menzie, Jessie Williams, Tharold Simon, Levar Edwards, Quentin Dial...

That's 22 NFL-caliber defensive players. Think about that. Why would anyone expect teams to be able to score 30 points on these guys?

And this doesn't even include the good players who will be drafted that are still on these teams. You've got to go back quite a few years (Maybe Miami-Ohio State title game? Maybe not even then?) to find that many good players on the field at once.

Last edited by a moderator:

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF? Really? ^^^^^ This is the reference for my post. Old school vs new school. Get it? :scratch: