• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Predictions/Power Rankings.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's power rankings has the Seahawks at #1 and the 49ers at #3.

I'm not a huge fan of most of the talking heads but it appears that the Seahawks are finally getting NFL wide respect. It's just surprising that it took so long. Here is the link to the power rankings if you're intereted

NFL Power Rankings Week 1 - National Football League - ESPN

Then ESPN posted their predictions, done by 12 different experts. Here are the Seahawk related results:

8/12 ESPN "Experts" have the Seahawks winning the NFC West
4/12 ESPN "Experts" have the Seahawks winning the NFC Wild card (All 12 have them making the playoffs)
4/12 ESPN "Experts" have the Seahawks winning the NFC Championship and playing in the Superbowl
3/12 ESPN "Experts" have the Seahawks winning the Superbowl (Bill Barnwell, Mike Sando and Adam Schefter)
Lastly Bill Barnwell has Russell Wilson winning the MVP award.

Thoughts on this?

Experts' NFL predictions for 2013 - ESPN

Hope this doesn't stop the team from playing with a chip on it's shoulder.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you look at those who were polled? Sando is a Seahawks homer to begin with. Clayton's an idiot and he's the best name on that list.

I've read plenty of other articles that had the Niners as the favorite. Lets just see how it plays out and never give creedance to the Sandos or Ashley Greens of the world.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you look at those who were polled? Sando is a Seahawks homer to begin with. Clayton's an idiot and he's the best name on that list.

I've read plenty of other articles that had the Niners as the favorite. Lets just see how it plays out and never give creedance to the Sandos or Ashley Greens of the world.

Who do you give credence to then?

If Sando and Clayton are morons, who are the geniuses?

I dont put any weight in to these rankings regardless of who is being polled.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you give credence to then?

If Sando and Clayton are morons, who are the geniuses?

I dont put any weight in to these rankings regardless of who is being polled.

Dude, Sando is a complete homer, you should know that. I had a hard time stomaching his articles on ESPN. I'm certainly a little biased but to consider him a credible source is impossible.

I'm just ready for the season to start. We will see who's the best and I believe it will be one our teams who wins it this year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Clayton is a Seahawks fan, IIRC.

On their show audibles, 3 out of the 4 guys picked Seattle to win the Super Bowl. The 4th guy was Steve Young.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that nearly every thread started on the Seahawks' board is almost immediately commented on by 9ers' fans? I enjoy hearing rivals opinions, but it's getting to the point that almost 1/3 of all posts are from other teams' fans, and mostly they all say the same thing. The Seahawks aren't as good as their fans think they are and that the talking heads are stupid (as long as they are picking the Seahawks). Get over it, I'm sure the fans here understand your opinion already.

Preseason predictions are nothing more than filler. Eastern Washington (FCS) just beat a preseason top 25 at Oregon State, does it really mean that EWU could be top 25 at FBS? It's nice to get some recognition for the team at the national level, but it really doesn't help the team win games.

Lastly, Russell Wilson will not win the MVP this season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought John Clayton was tough on the Seahawks. Anyways, all national talking heads have there favorite teams and let you know it from time to time. Christ, I have to listen to Mike Greenberg talk about the Jets, it doesn't end with him.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought John Clayton was tough on the Seahawks. Anyways, all national talking heads have there favorite teams and let you know it from time to time. Christ, I have to listen to Mike Greenberg talk about the Jets, it doesn't end with him.

Compltely agree. People seem to think that because he lives here he's a Seahawk homer but I've always thought that he was very objective. But I guess now that they're good any praise from someone watching closely is obviously homerism..

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No! You do not have to listen to Mike Greenberg talk about the Jets. You choose to listen to him. I used to tune in Mike & Mike every now and again because they both do have good personalities but it's turned into a bunch of fluff.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No! You do not have to listen to Mike Greenberg talk about the Jets. You choose to listen to him. I used to tune in Mike & Mike every now and again because they both do have good personalities but it's turned into a bunch of fluff.

I wouldn't listen to Mike and Mike ever, but the other sports morning show drives me just as crazy. So I flip back and forth. Sports radio doesn't get good for me until 10am. Mike and Mike wouldn't be so bad if they didn't talk about the Jets, Notre Dame, Golic's kids and wife, Greenberg's whining and the Jets. That show needs an overhaul.