• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN making all these budget cuts

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN downsizing over the last year or so, especially gutting the staff of NFL Monday Night Football pregame (rightfully so, since there were like 20 guys on the panel), yet they air a 48 hour Fantasy Football show with about 40 guys on the show.....................

:L

Oh and BTW its presented by Draft Kings...What a surprise. They had an entire segment last year all about Draft Kings.

How about you keep some talking heads that actually played or coached the game, understand the game, rather then investing in these gimmick segments and promotions.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN has been going downhill for a good while now good riddance

And closing down the sports chat boards years ago cost them thousands of clicks a day just saying

Mostly poor sports reporting has cost them the most

Not advocating, suggesting or conspiring just stating an opinion I don't want to get in trouble on the hoop

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And closing down the sports chat boards years ago cost them thousands of clicks a day just saying

Not advocating, suggesting or conspiring just stating an opinion I don't want to get in trouble on the hoop
Oh I think you are correct. They have been going downhill and they are not good sports reporters. They are usually late to any breaking news, that isn't broke by them. AND if they do break news it usually ends up being wrong.

They also have integrated politics for whatever reason into their site and agenda.

But they still have a load of money to keep them relevant. They try and push an agenda and a direction for sports, and its not a good thing. Just stick to reporting the facts about sports and showing highlights.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when ESPN 1st hit the air and was showing spelling Bs...they've come a long way since then...but when they started playing with the big boys, and paying for rights for major sports...eventually it was going to catch up with them as a cable network...I know this is not PC, imo the influx of women in key roles has not helped...I know being a corporate entity they had to do it. I'm not saying the women don't do a good job in most cases, but major sports are still largely watch by men and maybe we've been slow to embrace it...coupled with more competition for viewers, it's a tougher marketplace. I know sportscenter used to be a mainstay for me...today, it's not.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh.

Want to know why ESPN (and every other broadcaster) is making cuts?

streaming

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to show more eSports tournaments! I went to the last one that was on ESPN. Had a blast. You can see me holding a sign that says "My favorite number is J" and if any of you get that reference, let's be friends.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fox Sports is superior to ESPN.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to show more eSports tournaments! I went to the last one that was on ESPN. Had a blast. You can see me holding a sign that says "My favorite number is J" and if any of you get that reference, let's be friends.
No

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All the sports sites shut down their chat boards. Labor inten$ive (mods) and out of control posters.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your too nice to be in trouble with anyone. Well maybe if fried was still around you'd have an enemy. :suds:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah ESPN been too busy hiring pretty women thinking that will attract viewers or something. Men watch ESPN anyway so I don't understand why they keep hiring all these women and having them dress like sluts and talk about sports. I watch ESPN for highlights, not to see some bimbo in a short skirt talking about sports. And the shit they had on First Take before Max Kellerman came? Nothing but a joke. 4 women talking about sports? Jesus. I'm by no means sexist, but I don't wanna see four women bickering about sports. Just like I don't wanna see four men bickering about fashion trends.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ESPN been too busy hiring pretty women thinking that will attract viewers or something. Men watch ESPN anyway so I don't understand why they keep hiring all these women and having them dress like sluts and talk about sports. I watch ESPN for highlights, not to see some bimbo in a short skirt talking about sports. And the shit they had on First Take before Max Kellerman came? Nothing but a joke. 4 women talking about sports? Jesus. I'm by no means sexist, but I don't wanna see four women bickering about sports. Just like I don't wanna see four men bickering about fashion trends.
Which is why I really miss the old ESPNNews format. Just a quick 30 minute highlight show without all the talking head nonsense, which is what that network has now become since that's pretty much all they show now. Now the only time I'll watch any of their networks is if they're showing a team that I like.

Also when they redesigned the site over a year ago, a lot of people got really pissed off and left as well.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck YankeESPN

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW I think McDonough is the best possible replacement for Tirico for MNF. He is an underrated announcer.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ESPN didn't dominate the college football landscape, I'd have no need for them.