• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Big XII preview

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the ESPN Big XII preview. What a big steaming pile that was. The two guys they had hosting the show couldn't have been more anti Big XII if they tried. According to these guys the Big XII has zero chance of getting their conference champion into the playoff because they have no conference championship game. :wtf2: Does anyone get the concept of round robin where you play everyone in the conference? Its a true conference champion. You don't get to luck up and miss a good team from the opposite division. And it is much harder to go undefeated in this format.

The disdain ESPN/Disney has for the Big XII is amazing to me. I guess since the Big XII is the only challenge to their cash cow (SEC) they have to keep downgrading them every chance they get. Just wish they would admit that there are teams outside of the SEC and Pac they can compete on the highest level. I'm glad its about time for the season to start and the Big XII can prove them wrong. They can get in line with Finebaum and eat their serving of crow.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the ESPN Big XII preview. What a big steaming pile that was. The two guys they had hosting the show couldn't have been more anti Big XII if they tried. According to these guys the Big XII has zero chance of getting their conference champion into the playoff because they have no conference championship game. :wtf2: Does anyone get the concept of round robin where you play everyone in the conference? Its a true conference champion. You don't get to luck up and miss a good team from the opposite division. And it is much harder to go undefeated in this format.

The disdain ESPN/Disney has for the Big XII is amazing to me. I guess since the Big XII is the only challenge to their cash cow (SEC) they have to keep downgrading them every chance they get. Just wish they would admit that there are teams outside of the SEC and Pac they can compete on the highest level. I'm glad its about time for the season to start and the Big XII can prove them wrong. They can get in line with Finebaum and eat their serving of crow.

BIG12 BIG12 BIG12!!!!!!!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
espin are front-runners par excellence. They were high on USC before the 05-06 NCG, they were high on Texas after they won and got their network, now they are high on SEC.

It's all about aligning themselves with whomever is on top.

FYI- as soon as the LHN deal was signed, they pretty much dropped Texas from their other channels, except the token BS. Of course, since Texas is not on top, they aren't going to talk about them anyway.

And with their 'insider' TravHaney's bullshit, they pretty much have completed their tearing down process of Texas.
Big12 is not on top now, so they don't give a shit about the conference.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait until Texas starts gathering steam again, and the dorks at espin come calling...

Pat Moorer.jpg

Strong.jpg

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait until Texas starts gathering steam again, and the dorks at espin come calling...

View attachment 11903

View attachment 11904

They actually said Texas would be better than expected and Charlie had brought a toughness that Mack never did. But then the very next line was about how the league wasn't strong enough to get a one loss team into the playoff. They seem to like it both ways. The league isn't very strong but any team can beat another outside of Kansas that is. I would love to see WVU take down Bama , OSU beat FSU, and Texas destroy their darling UCLA. Then OU beat Tennessee and have Tennessee win the SEC east. I know its a pipe dream for all that to happen but just imagine the spin doctors trying to explain that slate of games.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually said Texas would be better than expected and Charlie had brought a toughness that Mack never did. But then the very next line was about how the league wasn't strong enough to get a one loss team into the playoff. They seem to like it both ways. The league isn't very strong but any team can beat another outside of Kansas that is. I would love to see WVU take down Bama , OSU beat FSU, and Texas destroy their darling UCLA. Then OU beat Tennessee and have Tennessee win the SEC east. I know its a pipe dream for all that to happen but just imagine the spin doctors trying to explain that slate of games.

Would be nice, that'd get them sucking up again.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want to be 20 again, win the lottery, and have Jessica Alba give me a 12 inch deepthroat on national television.... but ain't NONE of that anything but a pipe dream....:bawling:

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't that long ago Texas, Tech, and OU were all in the top 5 in November. It will happen again.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What on earth are you doing watching ESPN?

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to be 20 again, win the lottery, and have Jessica Alba give me a 12 inch deepthroat on national television.... but ain't NONE of that anything but a pipe dream....:bawling:

Stranger things have happened...... :suds:let the games begin!

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What on earth are you doing watching ESPN?

moment of weakness. Hungry for football news. They said Big XII Preview so I wrongly thought... well truthfully I wasn't thinking.

dennis580

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Does anyone get the concept of round robin where you play everyone in the conference? Its a true conference champion. You don't get to luck up and miss a good team from the opposite division. And it is much harder to go undefeated in this format.

I am a OU fan too, but the things you are saying above are just foolish. First of all a round robin format opens you up to a 3 way tie. Where 3 teams could have 1 loss like OU, Texas, and Texas Tech did several years back. Luckily we had a conference championship game that year, and so it didnt finish in a 3 way tie.

Second the Big 12 recognizes teams as Co-Champions if they have the same record. Remember a couple of years ago when Kansas St beat us ahead to ahead, and we finish with the same conference record. OU was considered co-champions along with Kasnas St. So this garbage about having a true champion from round play is even more stupid even if it doesnt end in a 3 way tie.

Third its totally foolish to try to claim its easier to go undefeated against a round robin schedule then playing a extra game against a tough opponent that you may have to beat twice.

Fourth I HATE that we no longer have a conference championship, and we may well be punished for it when a 1 loss Big 12 champion teams is trying to in against a 1 loss conference champion from the other power 4 conferences, and the Big 12 will have nobody to blame but themselves. We should have went back to 12 teams when had the chance. Instead we allow other conferences to continue swallow up more, and more teams leaving us with fewer, and fewer choices.

I am OU fan, but these are the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
espn tried to put their thingie in my bottom.

dennis580

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
One point I should add is the SEC has cheated on there conference scheduling having only 8 conference games with 14 teams. Which in some cases actually could make it easier for a SEC team to go undefeated then a Big 12 team despite what I said in my previous rant.

On the other hand the Pac 12 has absolutely murderous conference schedule. 9 conference games with only 12 teams plus the conference championship.

So there is a heck of difference between going through the Pac 12, and going through the SEC. So if anybody gets the benefit of the doubt it should be a Pac 12. Again I say this as a OU fan who wishes we had a conference championship game.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you schedule a decent OOC schedule along with a tough round robin slate, you'll be fine. Baylor isn't getting in with 1 loss, but Texas would since we have BYU and UCLA.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you schedule a decent OOC schedule along with a tough round robin slate, you'll be fine. Baylor isn't getting in with 1 loss, but Texas would since we have BYU and UCLA.

Ucla is a good one for you guys.