• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Winston?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I read this piece about the top remaining unsigned FAs it made me wonder if there is any chance that we might go after Winston to play RT.

Top 10 available NFL free agents - NFL - Sporting News

Do we have cap space and, if so, do you think it would make sense to sign Winston? Seems to me that it could really bolster the OL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the cap space (I guess depending what he wants). It would put us in a bit of a hole compared to what we have done the last few years of trying to have at least $3-5 million in extra cap space in case of injuries plus having a little extra for carryover. Now given I do expect the Broncos to cut either Tamme or Dressen to free up another $2.5-3 million in cap space but at this moment I wouldn't want to use that on Winston. Pretty sure he has been in decline the last couple of years. He also just got voted as the new NFLPA President of players. Coaches and ownership usually don't want that player on their team as it becomes a big distraction plus they seem to be the first team reported for even the smallest of violations.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the cap space (I guess depending what he wants). It would put us in a bit of a hole compared to what we have done the last few years of trying to have at least $3-5 million in extra cap space in case of injuries plus having a little extra for carryover. Now given I do expect the Broncos to cut either Tamme or Dressen to free up another $2.5-3 million in cap space but at this moment I wouldn't want to use that on Winston. Pretty sure he has been in decline the last couple of years. He also just got voted as the new NFLPA President of players. Coaches and ownership usually don't want that player on their team as it becomes a big distraction plus they seem to be the first team reported for even the smallest of violations.

Hope you're right that we don't need Winston. He is now a Seahawk.