• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric "Sleeping with Bieniemy" - next up, NFL Head Coach?

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Bieniemy also has a National Championship, which he won while at Colorado. Is he the first NFL Offensive Coordinator to win a Superbowl and a National Championship?

That's a really good question, not sure. Speaking of CU I live in Boulder. It's infested with college kids! Go figure. I gotta get the hell outta this tiny overcrowded city.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still also had a high-end offensive line and one of the top receiving TEs in recent memory. It's not the talent that's being questioned with him, though. It's his execution and play-calling.
I guess what I am saying is what you can do in terms of playcalling is very muchso dependent on talent. Vast majority of teams can't realistically run Jet Chip Wasp on 3rd and 15 and have a break in the route 35 yards down the field for lulzies.

Look how far down the field Hill breaks his route:

ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
old fucks like me will remember that nickname.

always a fan of the player, and followed the coach as he progressed. this is a good read, and i think he may be ready.

Eric Bieniemy has a Super Bowl ring. Next step: NFL head-coaching job

I'm an old fuck like you and remember the name very well. He should be next in line. Some of these guys get penalized when their teams go far into the playoffs. The teams don't want to wait and pick from the scraps for assistant coaches. And if the candidate says no you're really fucked.

Bald Bull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a really good question, not sure. Speaking of CU I live in Boulder. It's infested with college kids! Go figure. I gotta get the hell outta this tiny overcrowded city.

I never been to Bolder, always wanted to check it out. I've had the pleasure visiting Denver and Vail, while I was stationed at Fort Riley Kansas.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a fan dating back to his Colorado days. Hope he gets his shot
he had a couple of great years there. and he is 5'7. back when a 5'7 RB was judged on his size.

Bald Bull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bet you can't
I never been to Bolder, always wanted to check it out. I've had the pleasure visiting Denver and Vail, while I was stationed at Fort Riley Kansas.

BOULDER

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I avoid Denver as often as possible, too much traffic conjestion. Never been to Vail, but I heard it's nice there.

Bald Bull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I avoid Denver as often as possible, too much traffic conjestion. Never been to Vail, but I heard it's nice there.

Yeah, when I went to Vail, it was during the summer, very nice!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when I went to Vail, it was during the summer, very nice!

Been told that's the best time to go rate wise. During ski/snowboard season room rates are much higher.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what I am saying is what you can do in terms of playcalling is very muchso dependent on talent. Vast majority of teams can't realistically run Jet Chip Wasp on 3rd and 15 and have a break in the route 35 yards down the field for lulzies.

Look how far down the field Hill breaks his route:

ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif
Oh I know what you mean, but it's not like Philly's offensive talent just disappeared from when they also won the Super Bowl. Over the past couple of years, he's been roundly criticized for his decision-making (inconsistent game-plans, calling the same play repeatedly when it's not effective, etc.). Reid is an all-time great HC, but his coaching tree doesn't look great as of late in the same role.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know what you mean, but it's not like Philly's offensive talent just disappeared from when they also won the Super Bowl. Over the past couple of years, he's been roundly criticized for his decision-making (inconsistent game-plans, calling the same play repeatedly when it's not effective, etc.). Reid is an all-time great HC, but his coaching tree doesn't look great as of late in the same role.
It didn't disappear, but it was overrated coming into the year, and when Jackson got hurt and Whiteside sucked, it became a glaring problem, imo.

Lot of things went right for the Eagles. Now a lot of things are going wrong for them.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching a Colorado game and afterward some folks got upset the announcers were referring to opposing players as "The Enemy." :pound:

The network people had to explain that one.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiring offensive guys that haven't called plays seems like an awful idea.

Regardless of their race.

Andy Reid had never called played before being hired as a head coach by the Eagles.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting how the two white OCs under Reid get head coaching gigs, but the black guy who actually wins the SB doesn't.

But in fairness, I don't think it is (entirely) racial bias. I think is anti-RB bias. Teams want former QBs as offensive play callers.
They only want black coaches to interview not to get the jobs.

That's affirmative action in action.

Terrific policy.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, reid hasn't fully handed the play calling over to Eric yet. Reid usually has his OC spend a couple of years learning under him and then hands over the play calling. Reid may hand him the reigns next season and then Eric will garner more interest.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassing nobody hired him.

In a lot of ways, it is. I've been saying that developing a gameplan apparently is not respected as much as the game day play caller.

I don't remember the job detail between LaFleur and McVay in LA but it's safe to say he wasn't calling the plays. I'm guessing that's why he took the lateral move to TN for a yr to get that adding responsibility...got a head gig the following year.

Reid has been his biggest advocate...he should turn it all over to him next year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs have gone through a few OC. Pederson did well when he left, his success helped Nagy land a HC job. Nagy lack of success has made it harder for Bieniemy to do the same. The brains behind the Chief offense is Reid, which is why it hasn't change a whole lot. Bieniemy doesn't even call the plays, Reid does. Not calling the plays make Bieniemy look like a lackey of sorts , not HC material.

I've been on that same point.