• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Ebron 2015

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point we have the best wide receiver in the game paired with arguably the most dangerous wide receiver after the catch.

If Calvin wants to be known as the best WR in the game, he's gonna have to prove it on the field this year and stop missing multiple games w injuries.

Odell is better than both these guys right now.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sky is blue.

In before the sky is red arguments.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sky is blue.

In before the sky is red arguments.

:nono:

Red_Color_in_Gray_Clouds.JPG

:noidea:

Lovely-Sky-Colors.jpg

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Calvin wants to be known as the best WR in the game, he's gonna have to prove it on the field this year and stop missing multiple games w injuries.

Odell is better than both these guys right now.

Are you on crack?

Odell had a decent half season and he is already better than CJ? How about waiting until you see how he does when he is covered by 3 guys like Megatron on almost every play. OBJ does not even get double coverage yet.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ is playing better than Calvin right now. He's not the only one either. If Calvin wants to be known as the best WR in the NFL moving forward, he cannot have another year like last year. No excuses.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez Bryant is the best receiver in the NFL.

OBJr has to do more than 3/4 of a season if he even wants to be in AJ Green, Julio Jones, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown territory.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ is playing better than Calvin right now. He's not the only one either. If Calvin wants to be known as the best WR in the NFL moving forward, he cannot have another year like last year. No excuses.

Yes, OBJ is great against single coverage.

Dez Bryant is the best receiver in the NFL.

OBJr has to do more than 3/4 of a season if he even wants to be in AJ Green, Julio Jones, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown territory.

Julio especially will be the topic of that conversation as the year goes on. Expect him to be dominating this year. Not so much with Jordy. He is another guy who only gets single coverage and has many opportunities to get behind the defense.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, OBJ is great against single coverage..

And I get accused of making stuff up. HA!

From Chris Wesserling of NFL.com:

Opposing defenses started double-teaming Beckham late last season, just as offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo got creative, moving the game’s most dangerous wide receiver around the formation.

The result: The Giants averaged 29.2 points per game over the final six weeks of the season.

Beckham’s 606 yards in December were the most by any rookie in one calendar month. With multiple defensive backs trying in vain to contain Beckham, Rueben Randle exploded for 12 receptions and 290 yards in the final two games.

Own it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, OBJ is great against single coverage.

Julio especially will be the topic of that conversation as the year goes on. Expect him to be dominating this year. Not so much with Jordy. He is another guy who only gets single coverage and has many opportunities to get behind the defense.
We doubled Jordy a lot while beating GB last year. (He still had a nice game, I believe)

But his run as an "Elite" receiver is bout over. He'll be 30 tomorrow....

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I get accused of making stuff up. HA!

From Chris Wesserling of NFL.com:

Opposing defenses started double-teaming Beckham late last season, just as offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo got creative, moving the game’s most dangerous wide receiver around the formation.

The result: The Giants averaged 29.2 points per game over the final six weeks of the season.

Beckham’s 606 yards in December were the most by any rookie in one calendar month. With multiple defensive backs trying in vain to contain Beckham, Rueben Randle exploded for 12 receptions and 290 yards in the final two games.

Own it.

A couple game late in the year with double coverage is not the same as triple coverage all year for the last 5 years. He will be able to put up big numbers against weak ass defenses like the titans and skins because the Giants defense sucked so bad they were giving up big points. The Lions defense will be keeping the scores low and CJ will not put his usual numbers when they were throwing 50 times a game. That's what bad teams have to do. Lions are not in that position anymore.

All OBJ has to do now is have another half dozen complete seasons like the half season he just had and he will equal CJ.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about 5 years ago. It's about now.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not following. Your Patriots draft comments are from CBS. Your Seymour comments are from here.

I remember the Stafford thread because it was the best thread ever, and it wasn't that long ago. Why have you forgotten? And whets the big whoop? I'm not ragging on you.
Im just not following where your going with the nice shirt and hammer. Yes I forgot most of what I wrote on CBS...most of the time when Im on here ive been toking except when im at work. I remember some things....forget the rest.
I wanted to see the Seymour comment because I know I was just answering someone. But I don't care anymore. I won the internet already.

PS its all good

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red sky at night, sailors delight.
Red sky in the morning, sailor takes warning.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OJB is not better than CJ. Come on now.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of my point. If he dies what I'm talking about we should be seeing in the neighborhood of 50 catches with more touchdowns. I don't need him to live up to his draft status; now that he's on the team I want him to become what we need at the moment. If someone goes down or Calvin regresses what I want to see from Ebron changes. At this point we have the best wide receiver in the game paired with arguably the most dangerous wide receiver after the catch. So even if Ebro improves greatly I want them to get theirs. But if we see a bunch of 2 high man coverage or bump cover 2 zone with it rolling to Calvin I want to see Ebro be able to capitalize. Even if he doesn't kill it number wise if he can have the Bush effect where the underneath coverage can't just keep dropping with Calvin it's a missing piece of the offense that makes us a lot better.

Well said. I don't think they picked him, expecting him to be the greatest TE in the league. I do think they saw exactly what you're explaining here. In order to capitalize off of coverages on CJ and now Tate, they needed a TE like this who could exploit some of those things. He IS expected to be able to beat safeties and LBs consistently and if he doesn't, then there is a problem.

He doesn't have to put up monster numbers to be worthy of that choice, he just needs to perform every Sunday and contribute to some wins. I still don't think its fair to judge him from what he did his first year.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said. I don't think they picked him, expecting him to be the greatest TE in the league. I do think they saw exactly what you're explaining here. In order to capitalize off of coverages on CJ and now Tate, they needed a TE like this who could exploit some of those things. He IS expected to be able to beat safeties and LBs consistently and if he doesn't, then there is a problem.

He doesn't have to put up monster numbers to be worthy of that choice, he just needs to perform every Sunday and contribute to some wins. I still don't think its fair to judge him from what he did his first year.
The play by play goes I little something like this. Eric Ebron beats the coverage...perfect throw by Stafford...its juggled...dropped.