• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

epic Portland fail

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am Aldridge I go to san Antonio....

he would thrive there.

Yep. They're a contender right now and then in a year or 2, when Timmy retires, he still will have Kawhi Leonard, etc. around him. Once again, the Spurs making the right moves in the off season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on the rosters quite honestly. Although I find Popovich to be the best coach of the bunch, I think he benefited with having the personalities that he had. More specifically, I don't know if Pop could mesh with Jordan, Shaq, and Kobe. What made Phil great was his ability to deal with massive egos and get them to gel as a team. X's and O's, give me Pop all day everyday. Dealing with massive egos and getting them to buy into team concept, give me Phil.

100% agree. I've always said that Phil is a great manager of ego's and diverse personalities, but fairly average at the X's and O's. Pop is great at the X's and O's, but probably not that great at dealing with massive ego's and diverse personalities.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not blaming Aldridge. I blame Aldridge for not becoming what he was expected to become until last year in the Houston playoff series.

Other than that, its all on management.
That's bullshit - Aldridge has become everything he needed to be. It's not his fault that Portland hasn't build a contending team since the time they faced off with the Lakers in 2000.