• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Billups doomed to fail in Portland?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that I didn't appreciate the Sabonis love - It's just that I had given you my reasoning for why my thinking was the way it was in the midway portions of page one, yet for some reason it wasn't a good enough answer for you.

It was just an example on how I would've approached my team in comparison on the approach I'd take with the Blazers. It was not meant to be the central premise of the post. If you have a personal vendetta against the Pacers then that's your problem, not mine.

I was responding to other posters and their questions about Sabonis and wasn't at all addressing you past the very first post I made in response. So don't know why you wouldn't think it wasn't a good enough answer since I wasn't even talking with you at that point any longer. Again, feels like you see my name associated with a post and just go negative.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that I didn't appreciate the Sabonis love - It's just that I had given you my reasoning for why my thinking was the way it was in the midway portions of page one, yet for some reason it wasn't a good enough answer for you.

It was just an example on how I would've approached my team in comparison on the approach I'd take with the Blazers. It was not meant to be the central premise of the post. If you have a personal vendetta against the Pacers then that's your problem, not mine.

Why would anyone have a vendetta against the Pacers?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Brooks expected to sign on to be the main assistant in Portland. I don’t know what to make of this.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, Alright. Jeez.

Kuzma, THT, Schroder and the #22 pick for Dame.

Happy now?

Sorry...just getting the ridiculous trade offer that gets Dame to the Lakers in before TLF or someone did it. :heh:
You only wish that could happen. Damien is not coming to the Lakers. The Lakers have exhausted their first round picks for several years to get Davis, Schroeder is a free agent and can go anywhere he wants. And with Portland in the same conference...lol, good luck with that

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they also don’t seem willing to pay the tax much, if at all.
Please elaborate.

Cap was $109 million this year. Blazers had $130 million in salaries. They have $131 million in salaries next year, and that is with only 9 players under contract.

I don't think Paul Allen's estate have a big issue of going over the cap but maybe I'm missing something?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, Alright. Jeez.

Kuzma, THT, Schroder and the #22 pick for Dame.

Happy now?

Sorry...just getting the ridiculous trade offer that gets Dame to the Lakers in before TLF or someone did it. :heh:

that might get you cj lol

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that might get you cj lol
What both teams need isn't better scoring. Both teams needs better rebounding. Portland is especially weak in rebounding. Make some small changes on defense with an emphasis on better rebounding and they will be an improved team

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What both teams need isn't better scoring. Both teams needs better rebounding. Portland is especially weak in rebounding. Make some small changes on defense with an emphasis on better rebounding and they will be an improved team

they need defense. No question about it.

they need size defensively. They are playing cj and powell out of position. They really need another big wing.

they also badly need depth.

they had like 4 playoff rotation caliber players on the roster.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need defense. No question about it.

they need size defensively. They are playing cj and powell out of position. They really need another big wing.

they also badly need depth.

they had like 4 playoff rotation caliber players on the roster.
I was going to mention their bench which is pitiful at the best and forgot. It looks like they are barely playing a 9 man rotation. Yeah, can see where they need a legitimate point guard and a man in the center or power forward to defend and get rebounds. As constructed, They will never win

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please elaborate.

Cap was $109 million this year. Blazers had $130 million in salaries. They have $131 million in salaries next year, and that is with only 9 players under contract.

I don't think Paul Allen's estate have a big issue of going over the cap but maybe I'm missing something?
Cap line and tax line are two different numbers.

ive been reading on the athletic they don’t want to pay the tax unless they are a contender.

but they won’t have many ways to get that high in salary unless they bring back way more guys than they should

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please elaborate.

$132m is the luxury tax threshold. Certainly looks like Portland made sure they stayed under it, correct?

They have a lot of moving parts in play for 21/22. Nurkic is on an unguaranteed year, Powell and Jones have player options, and Collins, Kantner, and Carmelo are all free agents among others (Swanigan, Giles, Hollis-Jefferson, Leaf). Blevins is due a qualifying offer as a two-way player.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$132m is the luxury tax threshold. Certainly looks like Portland made sure they stayed under it, correct?

They have a lot of moving parts in play for 21/22. Nurkic is on an unguaranteed year, Powell and Jones have player options, and Collins, Kantner, and Carmelo are all free agents among others (Swanigan, Giles, Hollis-Jefferson, Leaf). Blevins is due a qualifying offer as a two-way player.

All those guys besides powell can go.

maybe RHJ if he takes the minimum can stay.

this team will have a hard time blowing through the tax line this year anyway with so few decent FAs to resign and if they use the big mle they’re hard capped anyway

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those guys besides powell can go.

maybe RHJ if he takes the minimum can stay.

this team will have a hard time blowing through the tax line this year anyway with so few decent FAs to resign and if they use the big mle they’re hard capped anyway

Bummer to see that Collins broke his foot again. Talented kid, will probably get another contract as a F/A (might be a S&T possibility for the Blazers). Should be back in December, so if that can be expected to hold (who knows given his recent history), teams will be interested. Not sure for how much though?