• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

epic Portland fail

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GM Neal Olshey was brought to Portland a few years ago to build a championship team...He had the pieces, and now the pieces are fluttering away and he is going to be left with no one but Lillard.

When Olshey came to Portland we were told how great of a GM he was and he was given credit to building the Clippers into the contenders they are today....

Here we have one of the best young PGs in the league, a gem position to have a skilled player and leader in. You need a great PG to have success in the NBA.

And now we have no one to surround him with....Olshey couldn't somehow keep Aldridge, who FUCK YOU ALDRIDGE, since you've been here since day 1 and don't want to continue what Portland built of you, because yes, this isn't your team. It wasn't your team when Roy was here and it isn't now with Lillard was here. You have one great month and that was last years playoffs vs the Rockets. Other than that, you're somewhat soft.

Batum is gone, another soft guy with zero defense. But if we were going to get rid of Batum, why not get rid of him sooner where he still had hype and we could have gotten a decent deal for him?

Where is Portlands big FA signing? Nowhere to be found. We have the cap space, oh boy do we have the cap space, especially if Aldridge is gone...but nowhere do you hear about Portland being aggressive and going after a big time FA to help build a team around Lillard.

Blazers signed Lillard through 2021? But if Portland doesn't get anyone to play with him, Lillard will bounce ASAP.

The Blazers management has been an absolute fail for decades now. Paul Allen a rich man has never let Portland reach its potential. He has for some reason failed to live up to what his deep check book will allow.

This off-season which was touted to be Portland biggest, has been an absolute failure.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get mad at Aldridge for not getting the right pieces around him. He does nothing but produce in Portland.
They might be waiting till next year to get a superstar...idk

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get mad at Aldridge for not getting the right pieces around him. He does nothing but produce in Portland.
They might be waiting till next year to get a superstar...idk
I am not blaming Aldridge. I blame Aldridge for not becoming what he was expected to become until last year in the Houston playoff series.

Other than that, its all on management.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some way, some how, Portland is still in it for Aldridge according to Woj.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to bag on Aldridge. He spent a good amount of time in Portland and was always playing at an all-star level. I wasn't aware that he was supposed to be the 2nd coming of Tim Duncan. The man's a free agent and he has that right to exercise that option.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some way, some how, Portland is still in it for Aldridge according to Woj.
I think because apparently they can pay him more than anyone else. From what I've heard though the Spurs and Suns are front runners.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am Aldridge I go to san Antonio....

he would thrive there.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Popavich could have a team of High schoolers and probably win 50+ games and make the playoffs.
Yeah, but if he is looking to be ready to replace Duncan in 2-3 years, Aldridge could easily fit. Just need to find two more guys to replace Ginobli and Parker and SA will consistently be a Western threat for another decade.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but if he is looking to be ready to replace Duncan in 2-3 years, Aldridge could easily fit. Just need to find two more guys to replace Ginobli and Parker and SA will consistently be a Western threat for another decade.
Yeah I agree with you. I hate the Spurs because of their history with the Suns but Pop is a hell of a coach and no one should ever count them out as long is he is there. Imo he is more impressive than Phil Jackson.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree with you. I hate the Spurs because of their history with the Suns but Pop is a hell of a coach and no one should ever count them out as long is he is there. Imo he is more impressive than Phil Jackson.
Phil and Pop are two legends. Good question would be who is better. I'll go with Pop only because Phil dominated with two of the games greatest of all times. Pop really has established a fundamental game and a team concept, which basketball is suppose to be.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop with those Bulls teams!? Well, he'd probably do just as good as Phil since Phil didn't lose with those guys..

Pop and those Laker teams? He'd do better....Lakers beat the Pistons that's for sure.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop with those Bulls teams!? Well, he'd probably do just as good as Phil since Phil didn't lose with those guys..

Pop and those Laker teams? He'd do better....Lakers beat the Pistons that's for sure.
Phil with those Spurs teams sure doesn't get as many rings as Pop does. Pop, Ginobili, Parker, and Duncan have a special bond. When they've all moved on I can see those guys smokin cigars together on beach somewhere.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil with those Spurs teams sure doesn't get as many rings as Pop does. Pop, Ginobili, Parker, and Duncan have a special bond. When they've all moved on I can see those guys smokin cigars together on beach somewhere.
me too...and they've earned it. very impressive what they've done. Pop literally built that franchise to what it is now. Now I see him getting it set for the future when they all 4 retire (probably soon).

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm secretly hoping that Aldridge ends up in Dallas......with D Jordan as well.
Aldridge and other big men "packages" have started to be mentioned.

Portland wants to sign both Monroe and Aldridge.

Jordan and Aldridge combo would be amazing. whoever has that cash.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on the rosters quite honestly. Although I find Popovich to be the best coach of the bunch, I think he benefited with having the personalities that he had. More specifically, I don't know if Pop could mesh with Jordan, Shaq, and Kobe. What made Phil great was his ability to deal with massive egos and get them to gel as a team. X's and O's, give me Pop all day everyday. Dealing with massive egos and getting them to buy into team concept, give me Phil.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on the rosters quite honestly. Although I find Popovich to be the best coach of the bunch, I think he benefited with having the personalities that he had. More specifically, I don't know if Pop could mesh with Jordan, Shaq, and Kobe. What made Phil great was his ability to deal with massive egos and get them to gel as a team. X's and O's, give me Pop all day everyday. Dealing with massive egos and getting them to buy into team concept, give me Phil.
true