• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ENOUGH OF RUBBY DE LA ROSA

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he fucking SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

in league 5 years now, he's not going to magically turn into a legit starter in this league. Fucking enough already

even in the huge LA park, he still can't help but suck dick and give up 6 ER in 4 innings

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It is not rubbys' night." I chuckled when they said that. Sadly, he has probably been our best pitcher this season. Our rotation is so bad. I can't wait till Corbin comes back and Bradley finally gets it together "mentally."

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubby has been one of our best pitchers. He just got rocked by a better team. Crapmenter is the one we should be complaining about. He couldn't pitch past a HS team.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team needs an ace so desperately. They have not had one since Brandon Webb. One great year by Kennedy in 2011 and that is about all the Diamondbacks have had when it comes to Cy Young candidates in a long time. Like I said earlier this season, I would pretty much do whatever it took to get Cole Hamels and even Jonathan Papelbon too. The players I would not trade are Goldschmidt, Pollock Inciarte, Tomas, Lamb, Bradley, Ray, Anderson, and I would like to hold onto Corbin, Peralta, and Yoan Lopez. Everyone else should be fair game.

It is impossible to compete for a championship without a dominant top of the rotation starter. It seems like the Diamondbacks have sucked for so long. Getting an ace should be 100000000000% priority number one over anything else. The organization has so much young talent now that there is no way they could not put a package together to entice the Phillies. Build a package around any of the players like Shipley, Blair, Toussaint, Hellickson, De La Rosa, Owings, Ahmed, O'Brien (now that he commited to the outfield), Drury, it does not matter. I would get rid of any of them to get a bona fide ace pitcher.

Imagine a rotation of Hamels, Corbin, Bradley, Ray, and Anderson, with Yoan Lopez and whoever else waiting in the wings as well. That rotation would look so much better and take so much pressure off of all the pitchers because Hamels would be anchoring it. No need to wait around any longer. Getting a guy like Hamels would allow the team to compete immediately. The team should take advantage.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Arizona on the Hamels no-trade list?

After Chase Anderson, you have a very healthy debate on which of the four remaining turds sucks the least.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruby pitches 8 innings of shutout baseball.

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Addison Reed just came in in the 9th and gave up 4 ER the next day.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
took this piece of trash 7 batters before recording an out to start todays game

just an amazing pitcher. Don't get me wrong, im glad Wade Miley was shipped out, but the trade is what it is. trash (Miley), for trash (Webster/Delarosa)

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Webster is awful. Rubby is not going to win a Cy Young anytime soon, but on this team, he's "earned" his spot on the rotation (more by default than anything). At least Corbin is back.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another amazing performance by the great De La Rosa today. era over 5 now

but hey, keep throwin him out there, I mean.......why win

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your ideal rotation right now? If Rubby should go, so should Hellickson. If they had a couple viable upgrades, I'd totally agree, but the Dbacks don't. They did such a poor job building a rotation that they are forced to choose from a crop of turds. Sadly, I still think Rubby is in the Top 5.

The only two I think should feel safe are Chase Anderson and Corbin (based on past performance earning him a long leash). Robbie Ray has earned a spot until further notice. After that, it's a poop show.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, as long as his shoulder is ok, Archie Bradley needs to be given every single opportunity the rest of the way out. He should be back by middle of August for about 7 starts if he can pitch

and it might be time to see what Aaron Blair or Braden Shipley can do. Theres potentially 2 guys right there who could or maybe even SHOULD chase away Rubby De La shitter from the rotation

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is those are good ideas once you've waved the white flag on the season and I'm sure that time is coming, but they have to put their best foot forward for a few more weeks. Tossing in some unproven rookies is premature.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 months later and I still stand by my comment. He is HORRIBLE. Couldn't even get past 2 innings tonight. ERA 4.75 for season.

4.42 career ERA now, 1.38 whip, 2.70 BAA

hes gonna be 27 come ST 2016, hes not going to magically "get it"

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubby might be a better pitcher coming from the bullpen. Kinda like Juan Nicasio.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need a little perspective. These complaints make sense if Rubby was in the St. Louis Cardinals rotation. Rubby is currently the team leader in Wins, Quality Starts, Ks, and IP. He has the 2nd best WHIP of the current starters too.

On a bad team, I think Rubby has been fine. He's 13-8. He's had some terrible games, but he's had some gems too.

I'm fine with Rubby out of the rotation, but they need to find four guys clearly superior and I don't see them on the current roster. On a true contender, Rubby is a good 5th starter. On the D-backs, he's, unfortunate as it may be, a lock to stay in the rotation.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
De La Rosa really turned some heads with his final start of the season tonight.

just a stellar effort

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
De La Trash picking up right where he left off

he can't get lefties out.......period

i mean my god, look at this splits lefty vs righty

Rubby De La Rosa

I love the moves the front office has made, getting Greinke and Miller in here, but its just absolutely laughable that they truely believe De La Rosa is a rotation guy..........still

he is NOT better than Archie Bradley, he is NOT better than Robbie Ray, he might not even be better than Zach Godley

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
De La Trash picking up right where he left off

he can't get lefties out.......period

i mean my god, look at this splits lefty vs righty

Rubby De La Rosa

I love the moves the front office has made, getting Greinke and Miller in here, but its just absolutely laughable that they truely believe De La Rosa is a rotation guy..........still

he is NOT better than Archie Bradley, he is NOT better than Robbie Ray, he might not even be better than Zach Godley

You may be right. I think if Archie truly shines in Spring ball and DeLaRosa sucks he could force Hale's hand. Rubby lost a bunch of weight and supposedly might be better this year, but who knows?