• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

End of season avatar bets - Time to pay up

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you weren't going to be here much this week......that's why you started a premature NBA playoff series thread.

:scratch:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current standings:
  • Pacers 48-33
  • Heat 43-38 (5 GB)
  • Lakers 34-46 (13.5 GB)
I know the age-old, feeble argument is that 48 wins isn't otherworldly in most cases, but this current Pacers team is not the final product. We have the 4th-lowest payroll in the NBA this season with potential to add a lot more, and the three teams below us in that regard have been unquestioned lottery teams throughout the course of the season. While we'll probably never be able to land the LeBrons and Kevin Durants of the world, in this business all you have to do is throw your money around and the players will come. I would like to see us swallow Otto Porter's contract with the Wizards, for instance...

I'm also sure that many will manipulate their own reasoning for why the results of these bets ended up the way they did, but the fact remains that I won and they lost - Fair and square. And I kind of like being undefeated in avatar bets on SportsHoopla, so I might not be willing to do any do-overs and may be content to end my SportsHoopla betting career undefeated.

Some of my favorite quotes regarding the Pacers from last fall:

To @Heatles84 - Remember two years ago when you said I didn't have the cujones to take an avatar bet with you??? I actually did you a favor when I took a bet in a season when your team was favored by Vegas to win 12 more games than my team, and I still beat your sorry ass. It just so happens that the basketball gods have in fact worked their magic. Suck failure, freak.

Meet Mr. Gilbert:

^It's your new dress for the next couple weeks, from midnight the morning of April 12th to that of April 26th to be exact. Otherwise, you're a weasel...

@Shaqdaddy11 You will get yours at the end of the month and closer to when your bet comes into effect.

You're still middle of the pack Eastern Conference team going nowhere, not contenders, not garbage, exactly like I said "a giant ball of MEH". Hell, you would have been better off if Oladipo broke out next year so you could at least dip into the lottery this year to pick up a piece. Congrats though. Your trade came out a wash. But keep rooting for mediocrity as if its an accomplishment and pretending you actually know a damn about the game you're watching.

I eagerly await the next topic you make about some average NBA player chosen at random and talking about he is really underrated as if its proof you're intelligent and observational. "Hey guys, no one has noticed but Mike Scott is really putting up good numbers in limited minutes! Look at these per36 stats. Just the kind of winning player I hope the Pacers can pick up this offseason. BUILTNOTBOUGHT! You suck tlance/Heatfans/Lakersfans"

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you didnt- because you know what i do--- in todays pace and space league its just super hard to find a fit for a center that cant shoot a 3 and or cant guard the perimeter.....having a guy like that take up a 1/4 of your payroll is like tying an anchor around your leg and trying to run a marathon.

I actually agree.

It is why the league's best teams are running with guys like Love, Capella, Horford, Draymond + committee, etc.

Steven Adams and Capella are the new model 5s if you don't have a versatile stud like KAT, Embiid, Cousins or AD.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're still middle of the pack Eastern Conference team going nowhere, not contenders, not garbage, exactly like I said "a giant ball of MEH". Hell, you would have been better off if Oladipo broke out next year so you could at least dip into the lottery this year to pick up a piece. Congrats though. Your trade came out a wash. But keep rooting for mediocrity as if its an accomplishment and pretending you actually know a damn about the game you're watching.

I eagerly await the next topic you make about some average NBA player chosen at random and talking about he is really underrated as if its proof you're intelligent and observational. "Hey guys, no one has noticed but Mike Scott is really putting up good numbers in limited minutes! Look at these per36 stats. Just the kind of winning player I hope the Pacers can pick up this offseason. BUILTNOTBOUGHT! You suck tlance/Heatfans/Lakersfans"

That is a really good impression. I feel like you must have copied it from an actual post.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well congrats.

At the time, Whiteside was actually getting PT and was considered the Heat's best player.

Way to single out the Whiteside quote. By the way, I was literally the only person here who didn't skewer you when you made the TT/Whiteside claims. The only 1.

Kindness gets you nowhere.
Whiteside is sharing minutes because the Heat actually has other bigs who contribute.
Hes fought injuries all year, but still has produced.

Tristan sucks, pretty much now in every aspect of the game, and is benched while the Cavs have no C.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They finally give up on that whole football thing? :dhd:

Actually when Aaron Rodgers is healthy the Packers are pretty much set to be the 4-5 seed every year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, just checked that thread. I offered to get in on the bet, but Hurricane never acknowledged me, least according to what i see...

so whatta you guys think is fair...?

He should have to wear the avi of your choice for not acknowledging your offer? :noidea:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KMzwG_f-maxage-0.gif

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta hand it to ole Hurricane. He called it and is in the lead for most knowledgeable basketball poster.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta hand it to ole Hurricane. He called it and is in the lead for most knowledgeable basketball poster.

Perhaps in a two man race with Dorian he would come out as the most knowledgeable basketball poster.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current standings:
  • Pacers 48-33
  • Heat 43-38 (5 GB)
  • Lakers 34-46 (13.5 GB)
I know the age-old, feeble argument is that 48 wins isn't otherworldly in most cases, but this current Pacers team is not the final product. We have the 4th-lowest payroll in the NBA this season with potential to add a lot more, and the three teams below us in that regard have been unquestioned lottery teams throughout the course of the season. While we'll probably never be able to land the LeBrons and Kevin Durants of the world, in this business all you have to do is throw your money around and the players will come. I would like to see us swallow Otto Porter's contract with the Wizards, for instance...

I'm also sure that many will manipulate their own reasoning for why the results of these bets ended up the way they did, but the fact remains that I won and they lost - Fair and square. And I kind of like being undefeated in avatar bets on SportsHoopla, so I might not be willing to do any do-overs and may be content to end my SportsHoopla betting career undefeated.

Some of my favorite quotes regarding the Pacers from last fall:

To @Heatles84 - Remember two years ago when you said I didn't have the cujones to take an avatar bet with you??? I actually did you a favor when I took a bet in a season when your team was favored by Vegas to win 12 more games than my team, and I still beat your sorry ass. It just so happens that the basketball gods have in fact worked their magic. Suck failure, freak.

Meet Mr. Gilbert:

^It's your new dress for the next couple weeks, from midnight the morning of April 12th to that of April 26th to be exact. Otherwise, you're a weasel...

@Shaqdaddy11 You will get yours at the end of the month and closer to when your bet comes into effect.

I never bet anything w/ you. I just wanted the Heat to win more games because of you.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow todd, this shit really means the world to you, doesn't it?

You've probably just spent over an hour finding various quotes from different people.

Congratulations. You won a bet against random strangers on the internet.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow todd, this shit really means the world to you, doesn't it?

You've probably just spent over an hour finding various quotes from different people.

Congratulations. You won a bet against random strangers on the internet.
@Shaqdaddy11 ....

You called that shit about the Celtics being better this year.

I was waaaaaaaaaaay wrong....lol

Kyrie is a MONSTA and Ainge absolutely drafted the right guy in Tatum.

Next year when Hayward is healthy, gonna be interesting to see who goes to the bench.

I'm guessing Brown.

But, what a nice problem to have.

Nope.

You and @Shaqdaddy11 look to be right.

I own my Shit.

Yup.

I think I said high 20's low 30's.

But, I shat all over @DJ and @Shaqdaddy11 when they suggested higher.

Between the Lakers surge and the Nets collapse, Lakeshow fans and @tlance have handed me my ass this Season.

The crow is mighty dry this morning...lol

eating-crow.gif

Bitch, are you for real?

Lmfao