• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eminem - Rap God

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For anyone that was worried after Em's single Bezerk, listen to this and wow. Em is back. Not the old Em...but a new rejuvenated Em. Post Eminem Show, we've seen Em try to go back into that well that made him successful and over time that well just went dry. That old style just didn't churn out good material anymore (hence why relapse was so bad).

Then Em went recovery and eh successful with some really good uplifting songs...but overall the production and his new cadence and delivery...I wasn't feeling as much

Now when he released Bezerk, I gotta admit I was a bit worried too. It was refreshing to see Em go away from being so serious and back to being playful again but the overall sound of bezerk still hinted that we would see a similar delivery and cadence.

But wow...Rap God we finally see a rejuvenated Em. For years Em has refused to adapt his style and to really try different style of production and beats.

What do you guys think about this new song? I personally think its the best he has released in a while. It's nothing compared to prime Em with Renegade, Kill You, The Way I Am, Lose Yourself, etc but this is damn good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty decent. IMO.
Gives me hope for the upcoming album.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than that other bullshit, but still mediocre compared to his old stuff. M just doesn't have it anymore now that he's sober. I'm glad he's sober, but his music went to shit after.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Survival is another great song on his new album. He is the best rapper.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than that other bullshit, but still mediocre compared to his old stuff. M just doesn't have it anymore now that he's sober. I'm glad he's sober, but his music went to shit after.

It's not the fact that he's sober. The drug addiction really did a great deal on him. And after he had that stroke (that very nearly killed him) he basically had to re-learn how to rap again.

His voice and cadence has had to change because simply he can't deliver lines with such tenacity like he used to so since his stroke he's been desperately trying to find the right formula to work with his new flow and delivery.

We've seen Em go through that phase with that Arab voice. Awful. Then Recovery he changed his cadence and rhyme structure and we got Em yelling 70 %. It worked for Not Afraid, but after a while it was very annoying to hear.

With Rap God, you can tell he's picked up a whole different style. I feel like while it's nowhere near as good as Em in his prime, it's something that works for the new Em. Lyrically you can tell he still has it. He can string together multis and crazy word play with the best of them.

Personally, I'm cautiously optimistic for MMLP2

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the best ever

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sobriety ruins everyone's musical career.

See Ryan Adams.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only one MC that they all call "god", and while I like him, it's not Marshall.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eminems Idol was the homie 2pac... so he's the real Rap God FACT!
%5C16%5C1663%5CROUGD00Z.jpg

Only God Can Judger Me

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eminems Idol was the homie 2pac... so he's the real Rap God FACT!
%5C16%5C1663%5CROUGD00Z.jpg

Only God Can Judger Me

Do rap fans really not know the answer to this?

Type "God MC" into Google... who comes up?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha hahahahaaha stop it.

If you're actually laughing at Rakim there's really no other conclusion other than you don't know what you're talking about. Like I said, whether you like him or not (and for the record he's not my "favourite" rapper either) there's a reason everyone calls him the God MC. There's literally no one doing it today that he hasn't very heavily influenced, including Em.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're actually laughing at Rakim there's really no other conclusion other than you don't know what you're talking about. Like I said, whether you like him or not (and for the record he's not my "favourite" rapper either) there's a reason everyone calls him the God MC. There's literally no one doing it today that he hasn't very heavily influenced, including Em.

I probably should have been more clear. I wasn't laughing at him. It was towards you stating twice an opinion as fact. He's been referred to as one of the best ever, maybe the best. But it has never been undisputed. My opinion is eminem was the best at his peak.

You saying "do people really not know this" as if it was cut and dry whose the best is what I was saying stop it to.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably should have been more clear. I wasn't laughing at him. It was towards you stating twice an opinion as fact. He's been referred to as one of the best ever, maybe the best. But it has never been undisputed. My opinion is eminem was the best at his peak.

You saying "do people really not know this" as if it was cut and dry whose the best is what I was saying stop it to.

But my original statement (that I was referring to in the second post as well) was "there's only one MC that they all call 'God'". That's not an opinion, that's a fact. Whether or not he actually deserves that moniker would be an opinion.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's literally no one doing it today that he hasn't very heavily influenced, including Em.

I'd agree with that. Paid in full has to be one of the greatest albums ever.

While "Rap God" is very fast, ala bone thugs, it lacks any direction or substance & simply talks of a guy whose thoughts are from the devil.

I'll take a children's story over this song any day.

Last edited by a moderator: