• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elway On Case: "Short Term Fix"

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway says a few telling things here:

- "[W]e've got to -- Case is probably a short-term fix -- find the long-term guy for us," Elway told Peter King of "Football Morning in America." "When we do find that guy, we've got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don't find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot."

And throwing a bit of the blame of Paxton's failure on Kubiak:

- And, you know, we drafted Paxton Lynch in the first round [in 2016] and [head coach] Gary [Kubiak] was on board with Paxton and I thought he was a good fit with what Gary did. And then Gary gets sick and can't do it anymore. Now all of a sudden we change a whole system that we had drafted a quarterback for. And once that [public] tidal wave started against him, he is getting bashed, and it's hard for a 23-, 24-year-old kid to beat that."

And the mention of "a trade"

"We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot."

The excitement has only just begun

John Elway says Case Keenum 'is probably a short-term fix,' so will Broncos target QB in 2019 NFL Draft?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case has no arm strength. He is what he is. I give him credit he has a huge heart and will and gives all he has. he is a winner in my mind.

He has the right Head coach IMO to get him a ring. He was talking about having the right balance to keep D's in this league guessing. Being throwing the football our running the football that mess we have seen last year never once looked balanced in any way other than our Running game it was decent until Freeman got hut then it was big plays ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did like the way he explained what he meant when stating balance.

He sounds like he is more of NE type approach

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello Drew Lock. Get him and start him with this new young OC.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do see what Elway means when he was talking about Kubiak and Paxton. Lynch was a great fit for Kubiak’s system given his skill set but when Kubiak left the people we brought in didn’t have the same ability to play to someone strengths and hide their weaknesses like Kubiak could.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do see what Elway means when he was talking about Kubiak and Paxton. Lynch was a great fit for Kubiak’s system given his skill set but when Kubiak left the people we brought in didn’t have the same ability to play to someone strengths and hide their weaknesses like Kubiak could.

I’ll second this. I think if the Broncos weren’t defending champs in Paxton’s rookie season he would have been handed the offense and expected to start, sink or swim. Ironically enough what they did with siemian that year wasn’t significantly better than having a rookie start, save one factor: familiarity in the offense. And it turned out siemian was halfway serviceable given the circumstances. The timing for lynch just didn’t work out. He likely didn’t help himself much either from the sound of it.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello Drew Lock. Get him and start him with this new young OC.
Do you know who the OC is? I have not heard of anyone but the 49ers QB coach and they blocked him.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know who the OC is? I have not heard of anyone but the 49ers QB coach and they blocked him.
49ers gave permission. They are interviewing Scans today. He's not that young 46. I thought he was more like 40.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do get the 49ers guy for our OC, what would you put the chances on us getting Nick Mullen’s?