• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eli Manning

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame:
Roethlisberger's had an amazing career, but I don't think he was a bigger part of winning than Eli. Eli played amazingly in the postseason. Like Flacco did last year.

The reason I say that is this: New York was able to rush Brady with their front 4 and pressure him enough to disrupt him. He was still good enough to give his team the lead but the Pats D couldn't stop miracle plays. I've seen flashes where Eli has been very good. I've also seen him be very bad. That's not the indicator that I look for in a hall of famer. At least Ben has been fairly consistent.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand Eli… He can play amazingly well, and incredibly bad any given week. He is one of the most bipolar QB's ever. Probably not all his fault, but hard to make that case when plenty of other established QB's have been put in shitty situations (bad OC, O-line, etc) and still managed to play better than Eli. Not sure what his deal is!? :confused2:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I really don't understand Eli… He can play amazingly well, and incredibly bad any given week. He is one of the most bipolar QB's ever. Probably not all his fault, but hard to make that case when plenty of other established QB's have been put in shitty situations (bad OC, O-line, etc) and still managed to play better than Eli. Not sure what his deal is!? :confused2:

It's weird. There's got to be something we don't know about the Giants this season. There's no way they should be this bad this year. Maybe Coughlin decided to mail it in this season.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird. There's got to be something we don't know about the Giants this season. There's no way they should be this bad this year. Maybe Coughlin decided to mail it in this season.

They sure mailed it in before this game today. That offense didn't look like it had any fight left in them and pretty much gave up before the second quarter. Didn't have any push on their running game at all and you could see lackadaisical routes from their receivers all over the place. Eli was trying, but has his entire career been terrible when he tries to force plays and for whatever reason has never grown past those tendencies.

HOF? I wouldn't put a QB in that couldn't dominate in his era, but the question of will he get in is different than would you vote him in if you had one. I don't think he makes it just on his career to date because of the negative stats and lack of real pure domination. As has been said Brady, Peyton, and Rogers have all been dominating and carried games against great teams and have done so over several years. It always feels like NY wins despite Eli more than winning on his back.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is definitely not even top 5 in his own era. I just don't see it happening.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his name wasn't Manning he'd have about the same chances to get in as Trent Dilfer.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he won the title for most int's in a year yet?

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he won the title for most int's in a year yet?

It'll be tough to top the Super Bowl era record of 35 by Vinny Testaverde in 1988. If he can get to 28 he'll be tied for the 10th worst season ever. One of the guys he'd be tied with - big bro Peyton, though it was his rookie year.

In the "you can't even look at the QB wrong without getting a flag" era, he is currently 3rd on the list behind Brett Favre (29 INTs in 2005) and Jay Cutler (26 INTs in 2009), although it could be argued that QBs are even more babied now than they were in 2005.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli has 2 SBs and is the most known player on the Offense for those years of winning. The Defense most known player was Strahan. Eli is a NY Giant and the Brother of you-know-who.

it will be a longer time than his brother but he will get in....and their busts will be next to a small vile of their fathers hall of fame sperm

as long as he has 2 or 3 good years ahead of him, I believe he eventually gets in

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli has 2 SBs and is the most known player on the Offense for those years of winning. The Defense most known player was Strahan. Eli is a NY Giant and the Brother of you-know-who.

it will be a longer time than his brother but he will get in....and their busts will be next to a small vile of their fathers hall of fame sperm

as long as he has 2 or 3 good years ahead of him, I believe he eventually gets in

Nope. Between 2 and 3 quarterbacks get in every decade. He already has Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Roethlisberger ahead of him.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli has looked really bad this year, but winning superbowls decimates most teams. The rest of the league gobbles up your free agents and every player wants mo money. And eventually that reverse draft catches up with teams. His offensive line is not helping him. He may be shell shocked.! There is a lot of fanbases out there that wish their team had two recent superbowl victories. Or any for that matter.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pick 26....favre, namath, baugh, all had 3 seasons they lead the league with ints.

They all had way more significance to the game of football too.

MrNLM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude could be the QB of the Giants AND sing at halftime.

MrNLM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Remove the s on https://, this site doesn't like secure links.
2. Put only this part iD11kk2Mieo into the youtube tags to make it work.

Thanks, I knew I was missing something. NOW I KNOW! *and knowing is half the battle* GOOOOO JOE!

Last edited by a moderator:

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli Manning and Giants part of fraud scam?

seems like they have a lot of explaining to do about some so called sports memorabilia. some accusations that eli and the giants are knowingly part of a sports memorabilia scam. if true, that's pretty messed up what they did. im sure they will snake their way out of it though. seems like the justice system doesn't take fraud in the sports memorabilia that serious, even though the money involved is insane. the baseball card and sports memorabilia has to be the sleaziest ,dishonest business out there. here is the details of the story.

Eli, Giants ran fake ?game-worn? gear scam: lawsuit | New York Post

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like they have a lot of explaining to do about some so called sports memorabilia. some accusations that eli and the giants are knowingly part of a sports memorabilia scam. if true, that's pretty messed up what they did. im sure they will snake their way out of it though. seems like the justice system doesn't take fraud in the sports memorabilia that serious, even though the money involved is insane. the baseball card and sports memorabilia has to be the sleaziest ,dishonest business out there. here is the details of the story.

Eli, Giants ran fake ?game-worn? gear scam: lawsuit | New York Post

They sure threw the book at OJ, but this story line is a bit different isn't it, I think it depends on the league feelings about it, I doubt the NFL wants to go after Eli and the NYG.