• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eli Manning - HOF?

Is Eli Manning a HOF QB?

• Yes

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • Too Hard To Call

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really hard to say he deserves it considering he was never one of the best quarterbacks in his own generation.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all of the bloggers, of whom, typed that Eli Manning won't make the Hall of Fame, visit Eli's Wikipedia page and see if you'll regret your mini diatribe. It's lurid to believe that Eli won't make the HOF. Within the last 2 or 3 seasons, Eli--in my opinion--has performed like a top-5 quarterback. Moreover, Eli is an elite quarterback. Which writer(s) will subvert the fans, by excluding Eli Manning from becoming a member of the HOF? Eli will be a HOF'er when he retires.
When is the last time you were sober? I agree Eli will be in the HOF but he's not even top 10 much less top 5. The only thing he's ever led in season stats is INTs. I'll call him a good NFL QB, but no fucking way is he ELITE. Eli will be in the HOF off of two rings, without them he's not sniffing a gold jacket. I'll take it a step further, without those rings hes not even a Giant anymore and may not be startung in the NFL. ELITE? You have to be high.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time you were sober? I agree Eli will be in the HOF but he's not even top 10 much less top 5. The only thing he's ever led in season stats is INTs. I'll call him a good NFL QB, but no fucking way is he ELITE. Eli will be in the HOF off of two rings, without them he's not sniffing a gold jacket. I'll take it a step further, without those rings hes not even a Giant anymore and may not be startung in the NFL. ELITE? You have to be high.
Do you realize how thin the QB position is in the NFL in terms of depth and quantity? I'll give you that Eli might not be on the Giants anymore without his two rings, but there's no way that he wouldn't be a starter somewhere else still.

whiskey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,001.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can stay healthy 3 more years, he's going to be close to 60K yards, 400 TD's.... so even though he's a pretty middle of the pack QB, he's got counting stats for days, plus those two rings. Voters are gonna put him in fo sho.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can stay healthy 3 more years, he's going to be close to 60K yards, 400 TD's.... so even though he's a pretty middle of the pack QB, he's got counting stats for days, plus those two rings. Voters are gonna put him in fo sho.
Yeah, pretty much this.

I don't think he belongs, but there's almost no way he doesn't get in.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you realize how thin the QB position is in the NFL in terms of depth and quantity? I'll give you that Eli might not be on the Giants anymore without his two rings, but there's no way that he wouldn't be a starter somewhere else still.
You do know Giants fans were calling for Eli's head prior to both SBs. If he didn't have the Giants D so many years he'd be a under .500 QB and if he was cut by the Giants it would be determined on who picked him up rather hes still starting in the league. If Cleveland picked him up, his probably retired by now, a couple of other teams might have signed his simply as a vet backup.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know Giants fans were calling for Eli's head prior to both SBs. If he didn't have the Giants D so many years he'd be a under .500 QB and if he was cut by the Giants it would be determined on who picked him up rather hes still starting in the league. If Cleveland picked him up, his probably retired by now, a couple of other teams might have signed his simply as a vet backup.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree here. I see your point, but there's no way he'd not be good enough to be a starter somewhere unless he just retired early. I could even give you that Cleveland ruins QB's so I guess that's a possibility but if you go that route that could happen to any QB and it wouldn't be anything against Eli personally so I'm not gonna count that.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll have to agree to disagree here. I see your point, but there's no way he'd not be good enough to be a starter somewhere unless he just retired early. I could even give you that Cleveland ruins QB's so I guess that's a possibility but if you go that route that could happen to any QB and it wouldn't be anything against Eli personally so I'm not gonna count that.
It's just my opinion, nothing guaranteed. However when KLB called him elite I spit up my coffee.

whiskey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,001.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But......the HOF is judging your performance based on what has actually happened, not hypotheticals that didn't happen, but could have happened.

Manning has actually thrown for almost 50K yards and over 300 TD's, and won 2 super bowls, and he performed great in both of those 2 playoff runs. You can't hold against him something that might have happened, but didn't. I think the guy is pretty much an average-ish QB, but he's got counting stats that put him in the top 10 (and close to top 5 by the time he retires), and 2 super bowl rings and 2 super bowl MVP's. Those are real, tangible things, not hypotheticals.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the league is going as far as QB performance goes along with the fact that he would need to sit out 5 years before getting inducted there are going to be other quarterbacks passing those marks consistently.

whiskey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,001.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the league is going as far as QB performance goes along with the fact that he would need to sit out 5 years before getting inducted there are going to be other quarterbacks passing those marks consistently.

Rivers, Rodgers, yeah, I would see those 2. Brees is already past those numbers. Who else is on the horizon?

Romo is older and can't stay healthy. Rothlisberger, Matt Ryan.

Other than that, there's not a lot of guys I can see that are going to push the kind of counting stats (and 2 super bowl rings. Matt Ryan isn't going to win a Super Bowl in Atlanta.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers, Rodgers, yeah, I would see those 2. Brees is already past those numbers. Who else is on the horizon?

Other than that, there's not a lot of guys I can see that are going to push the kind of counting stats (and 2 super bowl rings. Matt Ryan isn't going to win a Super Bowl in Atlanta.
Drew Brees?

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eli Manning is football's Derek Jeter.

HOF-worthy player that people overreact to one way or the other because he plays in New York.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But......the HOF is judging your performance based on what has actually happened, not hypotheticals that didn't happen, but could have happened.

Manning has actually thrown for almost 50K yards and over 300 TD's, and won 2 super bowls, and he performed great in both of those 2 playoff runs. You can't hold against him something that might have happened, but didn't. I think the guy is pretty much an average-ish QB, but he's got counting stats that put him in the top 10 (and close to top 5 by the time he retires), and 2 super bowl rings and 2 super bowl MVP's. Those are real, tangible things, not hypotheticals.
In case you haven't noticed I stated from the get go Eli will be in the HOF.

Last edited:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli Manning is football's Derek Jeter.

HOF-worthy player that people overreact to one way or the other because he plays in New York.
Problem here is Jeter is a top HOF player without his playoff stats. This coming from a Red Sox fan. Playing in NY doesn't change it for me.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem here is Jeter is a top HOF player without his playoff stats. This coming from a Red Sox fan. Playing in NY doesn't change it for me.
Here's a list of 3000-hit players without a batting title:
Derek Jeter
Eddie Collins
Robin Yount
Lou Brock
Raffy Palmeiro

Jeter belongs in the Hall, sure, just like the argument can be made for Eli (great counting stats in passing yards). New York and the postseason put them both in a place that they probably don't belong, where people are supposed to speak in hushed tones of "getting to watch him play".

whiskey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,001.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a list of 3000-hit players without a batting title:
Derek Jeter
Eddie Collins
Robin Yount
Lou Brock
Raffy Palmeiro

Jeter belongs in the Hall, sure, just like the argument can be made for Eli (great counting stats in passing yards). New York and the postseason put them both in a place that they probably don't belong, where people are supposed to speak in hushed tones of "getting to watch him play".

Jeter gets the "hypothetical" argument in that he shouldn't have been playing SS for a big part of his career. His defensive numbers would have been a lot better if he would have been playing 2B (or DH), but you can't change what's already happened. For Jeter though, he made like 3 or 4 eye popping "WOW!" plays, and that's what people remember, despite the fact he had zero range.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all of the bloggers, of whom, typed that Eli Manning won't make the Hall of Fame, visit Eli's Wikipedia page and see if you'll regret your mini diatribe. It's lurid to believe that Eli won't make the HOF. Within the last 2 or 3 seasons, Eli--in my opinion--has performed like a top-5 quarterback. Moreover, Eli is an elite quarterback. Which writer(s) will subvert the fans, by excluding Eli Manning from becoming a member of the HOF? Eli will be a HOF'er when he retires.
Wikipedia?

Use football reference man

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's New York, they'd call for their moms head if they thought it would help their team win a SuperBowl/WorldSeries, which is why a lot of players can't deal with playing there.