• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

El Harold Traded

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another factor to consider is how this signing impacts the locker room? Is it going to start the same issue as Donald and Suh? Cause not only will we give up a lot of draft capital, but pay him end highest. Just another factor Lynch has to consider with these kind of mega-deal.

I don't see Mack having the same issues as Donald and Suh. I don't think there would be locker room issues. Players just want to win and would welcome that kind of talent in the locker room. I don't think they think all that much about how much his contract is or how it affects the team's cap down the line.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole Mack thing is getting interesting. A story I read says the Mack issue is going to drag into the regular season. According to the story, Gruden has to sign off on any new contract and that has slowed down negotiations. The story also stated Gruden is open to a trade but considers Mack an elite level talent and a trade would require high draft picks in return. If this article is accurate Gruden seems to have acquired a lot of power in Oakland and Reggie McKenzie can't be too thrilled working in that kind of environment.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole Mack thing is getting interesting. A story I read says the Mack issue is going to drag into the regular season. According to the story, Gruden has to sign off on any new contract and that has slowed down negotiations. The story also stated Gruden is open to a trade but considers Mack an elite level talent and a trade would require high draft picks in return. If this article is accurate Gruden seems to have acquired a lot of power in Oakland and Reggie McKenzie can't be too thrilled working in that kind of environment.

The Raiders will probably start the bidding at two #1's for Mack. As much as I'd like to see him on SF, that's too much compensation AFAIC. From what I understand, next years draft has some really solid pass rushers (although I dunno if any are on Mack's projected level).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see Mack having the same issues as Donald and Suh. I don't think there would be locker room issues. Players just want to win and would welcome that kind of talent in the locker room. I don't think they think all that much about how much his contract is or how it affects the team's cap down the line.

Then what triggered Donald's hold out?

Agree winning is a big factor to players...to any player in any sport....but with a signing at this level.....how can it not make existing 49ers think?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Raiders will probably start the bidding at two #1's for Mack. As much as I'd like to see him on SF, that's too much compensation AFAIC. From what I understand, next years draft has some really solid pass rushers (although I dunno if any are on Mack's projected level).

Yes, two 1st round draft picks to start with and that is a lot for a non-QB? throw in a 4th or 5th too? Would they take one of our players and reduce a 1st round pick? No one comes to mind but just asking.

Do think a 3 down OLB with top pass rush skills IS the 2nd highest paid after QB, but....but....timing......

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes I could see that. The Raiders have the leverage right now

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what triggered Donald's hold out?

Agree winning is a big factor to players...to any player in any sport....but with a signing at this level.....how can it not make existing 49ers think?

Not sure about Donald. I think Donald held out because he wants to be the highest paid lineman in the league and my guess is the Rams weren't going to rush into a contract like that

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure about Donald. I think Donald held out because he wants to be the highest paid lineman in the league and my guess is the Rams weren't going to rush into a contract like that

Every player wants to be paid more, but what was the trigger? If the Rams hadn't signed Suh for that kind of money, would Donald be holding out?

Donald was surely thinking about it, but when Suh came in, it gave him a reason - ie trigger - to take his stance.

Just added this as another factor when you consider someone HIGH like Mack. This isn't the main factor, still think timing is.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every player wants to be paid more, but what was the trigger? If the Rams hadn't signed Suh for that kind of money, would Donald be holding out?

Donald was surely thinking about it, but when Suh came in, it gave him a reason - ie trigger - to take his stance.

Just added this as another factor when you consider someone HIGH like Mack. This isn't the main factor, still think timing is.

I doubt Suh was a factor. Donald is viewed as one of the top DLineman in the league and wanted to be paid as such regardless of Suh

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a conditional 2020 7th round pick. Ridding the roster of more Baalke holdovers. Eli Harold was drafted because Baalke's prior pick to replace Aldon Smith, Lemioner flamed out. Harold never showed anything as a pass rusher. He was decent as a run stopper but was expendable.
Plus he was one of the kneelers.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, which might not be a good idea when you a crappy player to begin with
Bummer about McKinnon, huh? Now, in addition to having no pass rush, we have no running game. I'm going to have to revise my prediction down to 8 and 8 now from 10 and 6. That's to much for Garopollo to overcome.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer about McKinnon, huh? Now, in addition to having no pass rush, we have no running game. I'm going to have to revise my prediction down to 8 and 8 now from 10 and 6. That's to much for Garopollo to overcome.

yea, that does suck. You were more optimistic than I was. I had them at 8 wins this year, maybe 9. Yes, we still need a pass rush. Hopefully Thomas can fill some of that void because no one else has shown any ability to this year not including Buckner. We have more holes to fill on the roster. We need one more good year of drafting to fill some holes.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, that does suck. You were more optimistic than I was. I had them at 8 wins this year, maybe 9. Yes, we still need a pass rush. Hopefully Thomas can fill some of that void because no one else has shown any ability to this year not including Buckner. We have more holes to fill on the roster. We need one more good year of drafting to fill some holes.
To me Thomas had "bust" written all over him from the start. I expect very little from him. The pick I loved from the entire NFL draft was Foster. Let's see if he can stay healthy.