• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

El Harold Traded

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a conditional 2020 7th round pick. Ridding the roster of more Baalke holdovers. Eli Harold was drafted because Baalke's prior pick to replace Aldon Smith, Lemioner flamed out. Harold never showed anything as a pass rusher. He was decent as a run stopper but was expendable.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearing the decks for Khalil Mack.

Make it happen.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a conditional 2020 7th round pick. Ridding the roster of more Baalke holdovers. Eli Harold was drafted because Baalke's prior pick to replace Aldon Smith, Lemioner flamed out. Harold never showed anything as a pass rusher. He was decent as a run stopper but was expendable.
If we don't already have a better player on the roster, then giving him away for nothing was a mistake. If he was in danger of not making the roster, why was he starting the last 2 PS games?

Clearing the decks for Khalil Mack. Make it happen.
In our dreams, Ricky. It surprises me that we haven't seen any report that the NIners are interested in Mack. IIRC, Beerows said that the move was "cost prohibitive" due to the team needing to resign some guys in the near future (i.e., Buckner), but how often do you get the chance at a 2 time All Pro (3 time PB) pass rusher who's only 27? That sounds like money well spent.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In our dreams, Ricky. It surprises me that we haven't seen any report that the NIners are interested in Mack. IIRC, Beerows said that the move was "cost prohibitive" due to the team needing to resign some guys in the near future (i.e., Buckner), but how often do you get the chance at a 2 time All Pro (3 time PB) pass rusher who's only 27? That sounds like money well spent.

Well, it seems that there are less leaks in the FO with this regime, and I did read that there were a dozen or so teams who have made inquiries, so...it wouldn't surprise me if we've made a call at least. As of right now, SF has the 3rd most cap space. I'd be on board with giving the Raiders our #1 pick + players/other picks for Mack. That would be the very best way to build this team.

Jimmy G. is already paid, and he alone can carry the offense substantially. You then load up considerably on defense and it would start with arguably the best edge rusher in the prime of his career.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine any team that can fit a new contract under the salary cap has called about Mack.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep, turn over is the nature of the beast, and there will be more 'familiar' names to go. Whether Baalke picks or not, there is always turnover. This is the last year where writers get to say "getting rid of Baalke's draft picks".

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As much as i would like a Khalil Mack, don't see it happening. We'd have to give up way too much, plus we're not a serious SB contender. These type of signings is when you expect to reach the SB, and you're filling those last few KEY spots.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't already have a better player on the roster, then giving him away for nothing was a mistake. If he was in danger of not making the roster, why was he starting the last 2 PS games?

I dont know about better but.probably just as good but that isnt saying alot. Maybe hey want to roll with some of the new guys

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring in Mack 5 year 90 mil plus incentives!) Go 49ers!!
Mack will have to be made the highest paid defensive player. That means 20M/year minimum, with 21/yr more likely. So, the floor for a Mack deal would be 5yr, 105M with 40-50 guaranteed.

Well, it seems that there are less leaks in the FO with this regime, and I did read that there were a dozen or so teams who have made inquiries, so...it wouldn't surprise me if we've made a call at least. As of right now, SF has the 3rd most cap space. I'd be on board with giving the Raiders our #1 pick + players/other picks for Mack. That would be the very best way to build this team.

Jimmy G. is already paid, and he alone can carry the offense substantially. You then load up considerably on defense and it would start with arguably the best edge rusher in the prime of his career.
I'd happily send the Raiders that much for Mack.

As much as i would like a Khalil Mack, don't see it happening. We'd have to give up way too much, plus we're not a serious SB contender. These type of signings is when you expect to reach the SB, and you're filling those last few KEY spots.
The quickest way to make us a serious SB contender would be to sign one of the 3 or 4 best pass rushers in the league, don't you think?

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about better but.probably just as good but that isnt saying alot. Maybe hey want to roll with some of the new guys
There is some talk that the Niners will keep more DL than usual this year (i.e., Day and Taylor) and that is squeezing out a one dimensional starter like Harold, who came off the field in nickel and didn't play ST.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mack will have to be made the highest paid defensive player. That means 20M/year minimum, with 21/yr more likely. So, the floor for a Mack deal would be 5yr, 105M with 40-50 guaranteed.

I'd happily send the Raiders that much for Mack.

The quickest way to make us a serious SB contender would be to sign one of the 3 or 4 best pass rushers in the league, don't you think?

Clearly, Mack would make us better but is he the difference between winning or not winning the SB? Is the REST of the team capable of winning a SB right now? Cause when you commit that kind of cap to a non-QB, this is the question you're asking yourself?

Why now, because if it isn't now then you're building via free agency. Building thru free agency with THE highest paid defensive player, is not the way to go.

Not saying don't even think about signing Mack, I just don't see it happening and stating my reason.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, Mack would make us better but is he the difference between winning or not winning the SB? Is the REST of the team capable of winning a SB right now? Cause when you commit that kind of cap to a non-QB, this is the question you're asking yourself?

Why now, because if it isn't now then you're building via free agency. Building thru free agency with THE highest paid defensive player, is not the way to go.

Not saying don't even think about signing Mack, I just don't see it happening and stating my reason.

I don't think anyone can possibly know the answer to that question we can guess that they wouldn't be but how much better would the team be with a guy capable of leading the league in sacks? The thing holding the defense back is the lack of a pass rush. Otherwise I think it's a solid defense with some good upside. His contract would be large and for more than this season. Sure they would have to trade some high picks to get him likely two firsts and another pick but a good front office should be able to find contributing players in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds. I doubt it happens but not because it doesn't make the team a Super Bowl contender now but because I don't think the Raiders really want to trade him and I'm not sure they want to trade him to a Bay area rival.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think anyone can possibly know the answer to that question we can guess that they wouldn't be but how much better would the team be with a guy capable of leading the league in sacks? The thing holding the defense back is the lack of a pass rush. Otherwise I think it's a solid defense with some good upside. His contract would be large and for more than this season. Sure they would have to trade some high picks to get him likely two firsts and another pick but a good front office should be able to find contributing players in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds. I doubt it happens but not because it doesn't make the team a Super Bowl contender now but because I don't think the Raiders really want to trade him and I'm not sure they want to trade him to a Bay area rival.

I think the Raiders only have two options and they're not electing one of them?

The 49er's are not their rivals.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the Bay Area? They most certainly are rivals....and the optics wouldn't look good for the Raiders if they send their best player across the water to San Francisco.

Besides QB, the pass rusher is the biggest game changer. You can cover up several players with massive pressure on the quarterback, so yeah....I'd throw pots of money at the dude. I'd like to see Saleh try D. Buckner outside more, a la Calais Campbell, and get guys like Sheldon Day/DJ Jones inside and see what you have. There might be no need to trade for Mack, but his addition would obviously be a huge push to a SB.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say in the Bay Area yes but they won't be much longer as the Raiders are moving to Las Vegas next season I believe or maybe 2020. The point is I don't think they will trade him to the Niners evern if they are offering a better deal.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers/Raiders rivalry is a local thing between a segment of the fan bases. It doesn't extend to the front office. The Raiders are in the AFC and only play the 49ers once every few years. If the 49ers offered a better deal the Raiders probably would take it but it isn't going to happen. The Raiders probably aren't going to trade him and even if they did the 49ers are going to give up a bunch of draft picks it would take to get him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers/Raiders rivalry is a local thing between a segment of the fan bases. It doesn't extend to the front office. The Raiders are in the AFC and only play the 49ers once every few years. If the 49ers offered a better deal the Raiders probably would take it but it isn't going to happen. The Raiders probably aren't going to trade him and even if they did the 49ers are going to give up a bunch of draft picks it would take to get him.

Another factor to consider is how this signing impacts the locker room? Is it going to start the same issue as Donald and Suh? Cause not only will we give up a lot of draft capital, but pay him end highest. Just another factor Lynch has to consider with these kind of mega-deal.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good riddance