• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EJ Manuel + Buffalo Bills = Super Bowl WIN!!!!!

StateoftheSport.com

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Manuel will transfer fairly well to the NFL within the nest few years, but the Bills wasted a first round pick on a guy that probably wasn't going to go until the 3rd round. Barkley, the second best rated QB fell all the way to the 4th so I think the reached a little to far for their boy. If it works out no one will care where he was drafted, but if he has a terrible first year then it could turn out very badly for the organization.

Tebow won quite a few games and look at what happened in Denver when he was drafted way to early and the wheels came off. That doesn't happen with a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Bills wasted a first round pick on a guy that probably wasn't going to go until the 3rd round.

Sure, that's easy to say after the fact, but no one can say that with 100% certainty.

There was a lot of buzz around Manuel before the draft amongst teams, and I know that Chip Kelly wanted him on the Eagles. Before the draft, Manuel even said that the Eagles "wanted him bad."

If you look at the 2nd Round, the Jets and the Eagles both had picks before the Bills. Who's to say neither of them would have taken Manuel if the Bills were to wait till the 2nd round?

Bills didn't want to take that chance, so they took him at 16 in the 1st. Now we wait to see how their gamble pays off in the future.

StateoftheSport.com

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that their was a lot of late interest in the kid but I just didn't see it being a good pick. I think the only reason the Eagles took a QB is because Barkley, the second highest rated QB by most, fell all the way to the 4th round.

I know it's all speculation, but most people that I have listened to over the past few days say that pick was probably the biggest reach for player this year. I honestly like the guy and hope it turns out well, but I still think it's a bad place to take him.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard on the news that Rex Ryan is comparing EJ Manuel to Aaron Rodgers after two seasons. :L

Maybe Aaron Rogers isn't the best comparison....however Drew Brees took almost four years to develop into a consistent top caliber QB, and it was a rough start those first 2 or 3 years. Likewise Joe Flacco was one step above horrible most of his 1st season and little more than a Kyle Orton type quality back up his 2nd year, now he's a consistent starter and Super Bowl MVP.

I agree it's too early to give on Manuel....likewise I agree with the move to grab a quality veteran back up (Cassell) in light of Orton's retirement and not just hand the job to Manuel, make him earn it. I would give him a more than fair shake and let him compete however.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard on the news that Rex Ryan is comparing EJ Manuel to Aaron Rodgers after two seasons. :L

Maybe Aaron Rogers isn't the best comparison....however Drew Brees took almost four years to develop into a consistent top caliber QB, and it was a rough start those first 2 or 3 years. Likewise Joe Flacco was one step above horrible most of his 1st season and little more than a Kyle Orton type quality back up his 2nd year, now he's a consistent starter and Super Bowl MVP.

I agree it's too early to give on Manuel....likewise I agree with the move to grab a quality veteran back up (Cassell) in light of Orton's retirement and not just hand the job to Manuel, make him earn it. I would give him a more than fair shake and let him compete however.
I say as long as he is incompetent, keep him at Buffalo .....

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to post in this thread, I'll make sure to bump it in February.
neil-patrick-harris-thumbs-up-gif.gif

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like Rex hasn't made ridiculous off-the-wall comments especially in the offseason before. :noidea:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Ryan sticking up for his QB here but there is no way Manuel is even close to Aaron Rodgers.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is silly

has anyone here watched manuel play?

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What people forget is that he was a to 20 pick. If he isn't produced already then he's done on buffalo. First round QBs ate supposed to become franchise quarterbacks. He was taken too high. I say he has 3 games before they decide to sit his butt. I like EJ, but the guy has been given the keys to the kingdom, and hasn't gotten it done. Had he played well last year, they would have been BY FAR the most dangerous WC team in the playoffs.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Rex... His gums are flapping 365 days a year

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Rex... His gums are flapping 365 days a year

I just love how Sexy Wrexie talks as if he's the next Norv Turner, Chan Gailey, and josh McDaniels all wrapped up in one....come September, the Bills quarterback situation will STILL be a mess...after the Eagles cut Tebow, he will be under center in Buffalo....that's when the fun REALLY begins! LOL

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love how Sexy Wrexie talks as if he's the next Norv Turner, Chan Gailey, and josh McDaniels all wrapped up in one....come September, the Bills quarterback situation will STILL be a mess...after the Eagles cut Tebow, he will be under center in Buffalo....that's when the fun REALLY begins! LOL
Exactly... He couldn't figure out the QB situation in NY so what makes anyone think he will provide stability in Buffalo??? :crazy:

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly... He couldn't figure out the QB situation in NY so what makes anyone think he will provide stability in Buffalo??? :crazy:

He's running his mouth about wide open competition at the QB position." Come on Rex! A wide open competition like this one is never a good sign. Sometimes the "competition" is mythical to try and inspire better performances, but I am willing to believe that Rex has no idea what he wants from his offense.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's running his mouth about wide open competition at the QB position." Come on Rex! A wide open competition like this one is never a good sign. Sometimes the "competition" is mythical to try and inspire better performances, but I am willing to believe that Rex has no idea what he wants from his offense.
Yeah. Calling it a competition just gives the fans a little hope that this season will be different from previous seasons, but really, come December they will still face the QB issue and Rex will be on the hot seat.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills can get in at 9-7 if they win the important games or win the division. They need to actually beat Kansas City this year and get on the good side of the tiebreaker (I think that team will do good this year but not beat the Broncos). Last year, the Bills won all their interconference games then proceeded to be on the worst possible side of a tiebreaker (if they would have finished at 10-6). That Kansas City game may make the implication. Same with the Texans game if that team gets hot. Week 2 against the Patriots is huge. They need that one.

I project a whole lot of teams finishing at 8-8 this year. A lot of them have aging quarterbacks that are declining or lost a lot in the off season. I think the Bills will have the slight edge to get into the playoffs even if the Patriots take the division again. If their November goes well, it's playoff time.