• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ehire Adrianza is a player to watch

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Adrianza kid is someone to keep a eye on this year. He has the look and Abreu or Noonan might get bumped from the bigs to make room for Adrianza who is out of options. I don't see the Giants exposing him to waivers where he will get picked up by another team. This kid has a bright future and I look forward to seeing more of him especially if Scutaro can't play. Adrianza will be the one everyone is talking about when the Giants break camp.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great if the bat comes around and he can either take over 2nd next year for Scutaro (possibly this year) or we can move Crawford to 2nd and have him play SS. I don't have faith in Panik becoming an everyday player or Marco's back holding up 2 more seasons.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If either of them move to 2B, it will be Craw. Adrianza's defense is much better than Craw's, so he will be the one to move.

And there is zero chance Adrianza gets DFA'd. He will either make team or be traded. Abreu will be exposed to waivers before Adrianza.

Noonan still has options, so he really is not in his discussion.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If either of them move to 2B, it will be Craw. Adrianza's defense is much better than Craw's, so he will be the one to move.

And there is zero chance Adrianza gets DFA'd. He will either make team or be traded. Abreu will be exposed to waivers before Adrianza.

Noonan still has options, so he really is not in his discussion.

I agree Adrianza's defense is superior, but couldn't you see them waiting to make that switch till at least next year if Adrianza forces his way into the lineup this year? He has more experience at 2nd and Crawford has earned the SS job with his play last few years.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the story behind his inconsistent hitting (OPS)?

2011 Augusta (A) - .692 (meh)
2011 San Jose (A+) - .845 (nice)
2012 Richmond (AA) - .599 (eesh)
2013 Richmond (AA) - .643 (ugh)
2013 Fresno (AAA) - .851 (nice)

What concerns me is that AA has the reputation as a pitcher's league and he was unimpressive there to say the least. I know he has a great glove, but sooner or later he will have to hit consistently. He's 6'1" 165 lb with no power to speak of. If he could bulk up, seems he would have done so by now. Maybe he could room with Sandoval, and they could learn something from each other.

Is he Son of LeMaster, or the real deal?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the story behind his inconsistent hitting (OPS)?

2011 Augusta (A) - .692 (meh)
2011 San Jose (A+) - .845 (nice)
2012 Richmond (AA) - .599 (eesh)
2013 Richmond (AA) - .643 (ugh)
2013 Fresno (AAA) - .851 (nice)

What concerns me is that AA has the reputation as a pitcher's league and he was unimpressive there to say the least. I know he has a great glove, but sooner or later he will have to hit consistently. He's 6'1" 165 lb with no power to speak of. If he could bulk up, seems he would have done so by now. Maybe he could room with Sandoval, and they could learn something from each other.

Is he Son of LeMaster, or the real deal?

With his D, I could see him becoming a 2-3 WAR SS just with his glove. Hit him 8 and watch him pick it for a decade. Hitting would be a bonus. He's fast, so he might be able to play small ball effectively, except Cranium loathes the bunt.

I could see Stamos becoming a solid 3-4 WAR 2B too.

Nice problem to have.

A lineup of: Brown/Stamos/BB9/Buster/Panda/Herk/Oxy/Adrianza would be pretty damn good defensively.

Assuming Gary Brown figures it out...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that needs to be remembered when looking at his numbers is that he was always 1-2 years younger than the rest of the players in whatever league he was playing in. He signed with us when he was 16.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's usually been a light hitter, but he's shown flashes. He's always shown a decent walk rate, but it bumped up last season, which is a nice sign. The question has always been his bat, his stint in AAA was very promising and he's off to a good start in spring so far.

We want both Abreu and Adrianza to play well, so they can trade one of them and get something worthwhile. I've been a big fan of Adrianza since his debut, and have no real emotional attachment to Abreu. To me, Abreu's concern has always been his injuries so why would we keep him around if he's likely to get injured anyway? Why lose both? I'm rooting for EA to make the final cut.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may both make the team out of ST, with Scutaro on the DL with a bad back.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful. Nobody seems to be too worried about Scoots being ready for the season.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Giants using the "phantom DL" to keep both on the roster so they won't get lost. i.e., telling Scoots he's at 90% (or, "in good shape but not quite game-ready because of time missed in ST", you just need another week or two of practice) and trying to trade one of them. Or just waiting one week into the season before having to put Abreu on waivers, as many 40-man rosters will be full once the season starts.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking more along the lines of the Giants using the "phantom DL" to keep both on the roster so they won't get lost. i.e., telling Scoots he's at 90% (or, "in good shape but not quite game-ready because of time missed in ST", you just need another week or two of practice) and trying to trade one of them. Or just waiting one week into the season before having to put Abreu on waivers, as many 40-man rosters will be full once the season starts.

This is a really smart post. Kudos.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are a crafty one...

:clap2:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know little about this kid. How is he better defensively than Stamos? You envision him getting to balls that Crawford wouldn't get to? Better arm? All of the above?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know little about this kid. How is he better defensively than Stamos? You envision him getting to balls that Crawford wouldn't get to? Better arm? All of the above?

similar excellent arm; better range. And mind you, Crawford is quite good and range-y himself.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Adrianza, and hope he sticks. He seems more of a 2b to me. I have seen him play at San Jose and Fresno.

Crawford's fielding average in the minors: .972

Adrianza's fielding average in the minors: .959

A negligible difference, but I don't see Adrianza as a marked upgrade over Crawford.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From today's SJMercuryNews :

Manager Bruce Bochy said Scutaro (back) will not debut this weekend. The Giants want Scutaro to get at least 30 spring at-bats before the season starts, but he remains limited to soft swings in the cage.

"If you ask me at the end of next week and he's not playing or close to playing, we'll have to have another plan here," Bochy said.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Adrianza, and hope he sticks. He seems more of a 2b to me. I have seen him play at San Jose and Fresno.

Crawford's fielding average in the minors: .972

Adrianza's fielding average in the minors: .959

A negligible difference, but I don't see Adrianza as a marked upgrade over Crawford.

That stat doesn't include range, Adrianza's is better. He's also got a stronger arm. Craw is great, but Ehire is defensively better.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Abreu getting put on waivers today Adrianza looked more relaxed at the plate and hit one of the most impressive HR's of the spring hitting left handed. He launched that sucker deep to right field and this kid is going north with the big club. The potential is there to be great if he keeps working hard and remains humble. I am rooting for him to get better and develop his skills.

Go Giants !!

:clap: