• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Edelman Has Foot Surgery

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could definitely see Edelman starting the season on PUP. Amendola would be a solid replacement and Hogan will also help. Then there are the two rookies (Mitchell and Lucien). They should be able to hold down the fort until JE returns. Of course, if Brady misses the first 4 games, things could get a little dicey.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that this WR competition between Washington, Dobson, Martin, Lucien, Harper is going to be fun. Fuck it, give that guy standing outside Gillette a shot too...

Jesus just thinking about it...JE, Dola, Hogan, Mitchell, and add the 5....wow!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that this WR competition between Washington, Dobson, Martin, Lucien, Harper is going to be fun. Fuck it, give that guy standing outside Gillette a shot too...

Jesus just thinking about it...JE, Dola, Hogan, Mitchell, and add the 5....wow!
Yep, I like what's going on. Sorry Dobson I think you're on your way out.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network shows a "Classic Game" every once in a while. Last Friday they had the Nov. 13, 2013 game between the Saints and Patriots. This was Dobson's best game ever and since. He was a rookie and the Pats had just lost 28 of their 2012 TDs. Welker had just signed with the Broncos. Back to Dobson. He gave a preview of what was to come when he dropped several easy passes. He did make some beautiful catches and you could see that there was 'something' there. The Patriots saw it and one announcer shocked me after Dobson dropped his second pass.
"Aaron Dobson was on everyone's radar.............He caught XX passes as senior and never dropped a single one."

He must have sold those hands on Ebay.

The star rookie in that game caught a game winning TD with 5 seconds left. Anyone remember his name?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The star rookie in that game caught a game winning TD with 5 seconds left. Anyone remember his name?

The kid out of Miami that was trying to turn his life around. Went to the Raiders I think....

Dammit, no, I cannot think of his name.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game and forgot the name.....

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompkins is one receiver I would love to see back with the Pats. BB had a chance to re sign him before the Jets picked him up. Thompkins always seemed to be in sync with TB.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about Dobson. I still think he has the inside track on these other guys. He knows the system and is affordable. I think he is the leader out of the group, but not by much. Any injury or set back for him, then yes he is gone.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompkins is one receiver I would love to see back with the Pats. BB had a chance to re sign him before the Jets picked him up. Thompkins always seemed to be in sync with TB.

I felt the same way. They did sign him back last year in camp and was released. Which shocked me due to his success prior.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not excited about Dobson. If he has a great preseason, I'll cry. We can hope he turns it around but what I'm worried about is Dobson looking brilliant in preseason and pulling up lame in game 2....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on subject, I just saw a freeze frame on the Edelman injury.
Looks like a Lis franc fracture to me - the way he was hit. I hope not. Could be way more serious than we thought.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he came back too soon. All things considered, he should have probably sat out the remainder of 2015 and healed up. In my opinion, he most like loosened the screw by all of the stress and the twisting he did in the playoffs. Tissue around any implanted repair is always soft and requires time to fuse properly. The laser fusion appears to have been very successful.

He had surgery on or about May 8th. It's been almost 5 weeks. If he doesn't try to do anything between now and training camp, that will be nearly 11-12 weeks. That's 3 months. If he doesn't play until the third preseason game, that will be 4 months+.

If it's not healed by then.........he's toast.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on subject, I just saw a freeze frame on the Edelman injury.
Looks like a Lis franc fracture to me - the way he was hit. I hope not. Could be way more serious than we thought.

IF there is one injury in football that still seems to take a player out or make them a shell of their former self it seems to be the lis franc injury. I've seen too many players even after sitting out a year just never return to form.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF there is one injury in football that still seems to take a player out or make them a shell of their former self it seems to be the lis franc injury. I've seen too many players even after sitting out a year just never return to form.
I know way more about lis franc injury than I ever wanted to. I have been caring for my wife through her healing process. It is going well but hers was a 1.5 on a scale of 10. Hopefully Edelman's is not a lis franc. It has been 4 months for my wife and she still has a long ways to go......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report on my wife's Lis Franc fracture:
She has gotten rid of the boot - wheelchair is a memory. She is getting physical therapy and starting to look like her old self. @BigKen is correct about the fusion. With a pro athlete, they can do MRI's to verify the fusion.
Basically the torn tendons are fused over into a solid structure. Doctors say that the flexible tendons are not necessary (so what are they there for?) We don't know the injury. Recovery from a 2 (out of 10) looks almost the same in the press as an 8, but I would have to think that because Edelman came back to play during the year, he is probably closer to a 2 than an 8 ?????

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been reading up on the newer procedures for laser fusion. The latest, unapproved, procedure creates a single line laser. The beam can supposedly reach near 1000 degrees C. The line is split into two beams and the heat is continually increased as the bones are compressed together. At some point depending on the person, the bone actually begins to melt together to form a liquid. the heat is slowly decreased and the bone hardens as the temp drops. The problem is with the surround tissue and body parts. The heat causes ligaments and tendons to become extremely flaccid and when they cool down, they become extremely taught due to loss of fluids. If they're flexed too soon, they snap and cannot be easily repaired.