• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical LeTot Excuses. When they Cavs win its ALL LeBron. When they underperform against a teams they should EASILY beat its everyone else fault.

If Lebron was a true leader he would rally the troops.

Lebron had 42, 11 and 10

It is everyones' elses fault

When Lebron leaves Cleveland next season, like when he left Cleveland the first time, this will be the worst roster in the entire NBA...Period

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Dis-respect, I think thats total Garbage

Tatum, Rozier, Brown, are true, young, athletically gifted players

To compare them to George Hill, Jordan Clarkson, JR Smith, etc.....Laughable

In a few years time, people will look back on this Celtics team and view it very differently than they do now.

Sort of like those early Thunder teams.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the Cavs GM has lost something off his fastball?

No. Deep Pockets Gilbert lost the only real GM he had over a few million dollars.

The blame here goes to just incompetency.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron had 42, 11 and 10

It is everyones' elses fault

When Lebron leaves Cleveland next season, like when he left Cleveland the first time, this will be the worst roster in the entire NBA...Period

Most all that production came in the first quarter. Icing everyone out of the game offensively with Harden hero antics and disappearing down the stretch when the team needed him most IS his fault. As is not rallying his team to prevent going down 0-2.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BWAHAHAH!!!!!:L:L:L:L:L:L:L

Tell me one person that wouldn't trade Jordan's '86 crapola team with LeBron. You're a real Einstein for even comparing the two. And Jordan was playing against arguably the GREATEST team ever in the '86 Celtics. Who would maul and manhandle this Rookie/Sophomore 2018 Celtics team missing their two best players.

the 86 Bulls Starting lineup

Jordan
Corzine
Macy
Oakley
Woolridge

Yea... Im sure Everyone would trade Lebron's supporting help for that great lineup. The "LeExcuses" just keep rolling in. Dude is BETA. He's a PRETENDER to the throne. Deal with it

And maybe they are getting nothing because "LeHarden" ices them out for an entire half with his Hero Ball.

Difference is Celtics were easily favored to win the series in 86. No one expects the Celtics missing their two best player to win more than a game. And they have already won 2

The 1986 Bulls went 30-52

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the Cavs young guys just really aren't that great on defense. And they are true, true rookies, unlike Tatum, cause they've hardly gotten playing time all season. Its too late to go that route unfortunately.

I disagree. Not because I think you're wrong, I don't. But because nothing else seems to have worked.

Nance can definitely play defense and while he doesn't have TT's experience, he is younger and more athletic. He at least has a chance to stay in front of someone.

Clarkson is never going to win any DPOY awards, but with the Lakers, he at least showed at times that when he concentrates on defense, he can be decent.

If I'm Lue, I'm playing those guys and telling them, "This is your shot, this is what we need from you. If you don't play defense, I'm not sitting you on the bench. You'll be under the bench".

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Icing everyone out of the game offensively with Harden hero antics and disappearing down the stretch when the team needed him most IS his fault. As is not rallying his team to prevent going down 0-2.

Yes, he definitely should be deferring more to JR Smith and Rodney Hood

Nevermind the Celtics are running a lay up line this series vs the Cavs defense

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @Divac

The problem is, I don't see how that gets you enough to convince Lebron to stay.

As difficult as it will be to do, the Cavs best long term option may be to just let Lebron go and start the rebuild.

Four years seems to be when it gets stale.
Seems like Gilbert was getting his balls back last summer when James had no opt out.
My guess is that anything that was promised on the plane is considered honored by Gilbert.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're in the ECF. They just swept the #1 seed. And now "everyone is bad" all of a sudden. Seems like this happens almost every year with a Lebron-led team :noidea:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see them being worse with them. Their chemistry will be all fucked up and Kyrie will be a ball hog :laugh3: Remember he wanted a team built around him. I am started to think this team is built around Brown and Tatum

I think he wants to win and now that they're doing so well without him he'll adapt. if he doesnt he knows it will be on him

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're in the ECF. They just swept the #1 seed. And now "everyone is bad" all of a sudden. Seems like this happens almost every year with a Lebron-led team :noidea:

When Lebron Leaves and they are in the lottery next season with an 18 win year, its gonna be hilarious watching you spin

This already happened, its how they landed Kyrie in the draft

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BWAHAHAH!!!!!:L:L:L:L:L:L:L

Tell me one person that wouldn't trade Jordan's '86 crapola team with LeBron. You're a real Einstein for even comparing the two. And Jordan was playing against arguably the GREATEST team ever in the '86 Celtics. Who would maul and manhandle this Rookie/Sophomore 2018 Celtics team missing their two best players.

the 86 Bulls Starting lineup

Jordan
Corzine
Macy
Oakley
Woolridge

Yea... Im sure Everyone would trade Lebron's supporting help for that great lineup. The "LeExcuses" just keep rolling in. Dude is BETA. He's a PRETENDER to the throne. Deal with it

And maybe they are getting nothing because "LeHarden" ices them out for an entire half with his Hero Ball.

Difference is Celtics were easily favored to win the series in 86. No one expects the Celtics missing their two best player to win more than a game. And they have already won 2

You do understand that team didn’t make the playoffs? Why are you comparing a team that didn’t make the playoffs to a team Lebron has in the ECF’s.

Another worthless post :L LOL

AND Lebron got a team that wasn’t good to the Finals btw....

Eric Snow
Larry Hughes
Lebron James
Drew Gooden
Big Z

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Nike can hurry up and get the LeBron Runner Up edition out this week?

They were prob waiting until the Finals, but at 0-2 in the ECF there might be some urgency.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The Celtics are attacking the Cavs with youth and athleticism. When a team has the advantage in speed and athleticism that the Celtics have, it can make the other team look like they quit when the reality is, they're just too slow.

If the Cavs aren't going to try to use their younger players to match that, they need to do what Lue said...start playing physical and hope they can use that to slow the Celtics.

Yeah but like you said, they aren’t playing physical, that has to do with effort. The C’s were aggressive and hats off to them but the Cavs looked out of it, especially towards the end. They were just giving the ball to the C’s and leaving guys wide open. That can’t happen and it has to do with effort too