• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible they might have lost game 1...but unfortunately for them that wouldn't have even put them at the halfway mark of their task. Not sure how the dots are connected from a game 1 win to a series win in this situation.

GS wins that series no matter what

I just believe for sure that Leonard was enough to hold that 25 point lead

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors would have lost a close Game 1 if Leonard played, but they woke up.. They would still be going up 3-1 right now as their game has picked up a ton of notches.

People are really trying to project a lot off that first half of Game 1. That was arguably the worst basketball GS Played all year. You didn't really think they would stay that bad did you?

Reactions: LAD

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors would have lost a close Game 1 if Leonard played, but they woke up.. They would still be going up 3-1 right now as their game has picked up a ton of notches.

People are really trying to project a lot off that first half of Game 1. That was arguably the worst basketball GS Played all year. You didn't really think they would stay that bad did you?

Watchable basketball would have been nice

Something we haven't seen this postseason

That's all I was pulling for

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watchable basketball would have been nice

Something we haven't seen this postseason

That's all I was pulling for

True. But that impossible as long as all the talent is on Cleveland/Golden State. Unless the Spurs pick up Chris Paul or something

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But that impossible as long as all the talent is on Cleveland/Golden State. Unless the Spurs pick up Chris Paul or something

Agreed. Leonard is on the highest level IMO, so another star there could make things interesting

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont how much longer Gasol is gonna last though.. Hes getting close to 40 isn't he? And him and Aldridge out there at the same time doesn't seem to be a good move

Reactions: LAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont how much longer Gasol is gonna last though.. Hes getting close to 40 isn't he? And him and Aldridge out there at the same time doesn't seem to be a good move
SA needs to make a couple of changes - IMO CP3 isn't the answer. He's chronically hurt so it would be Kawhi playing solo all over again. If I'm SA I try to move LA to get a true #2 option. A guy that isn't scared to take over when necessary.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think even most Miami Heat fans will say that the decision was one of the most poorly advised things that a professional athlete has ever done that did not run afoul of the law.

From a PR perspective, yeah, of course. I'm just reminding that at the end of the day we're talking about a TV show that raised millions of dollars for under privileged kids. Words like "disgusting" are so far over the top, and don't apply, imo.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, raising $8.5 million dollars in ad revenue for underprivileged kids is just disgusting.

That was one of the most classless things I've ever seen. There are a hell of a lot better ways to raise money for underprivileged kids than an hour long tv show that embarrasses, enrages and saddens a fanbase that had done nothing but love and support him for 7 years.

As I've said before, I have no issue with him leaving Cleveland. He had fulfilled his contract, his FO hadn't shown the ability to put together a roster that could help him win a title. He was a free agent and did what 99% of us would do, he left for a better situation.

But the way he did it was about as classless as it gets. I actually liked Lebron when he was in Cleveland the first time and rooted for the Cavs in their first finals. It was an awesome story. But that, followed by several other incidents since then makes it look like he thinks he's bigger than the game...he's not. No one is.

Not even Swaggy P. lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you were correct in both cases.
4 points can be 1 possession.
He likes to argue.

I know. I'm not trying to hold it against it too much. I'm sure he recently got neutered so he's trying to hold onto what shred of masculinity he has left.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the most classless things I've ever seen. There are a hell of a lot better ways to raise money for underprivileged kids than an hour long tv show that embarrasses, enrages and saddens a fanbase that had done nothing but love and support him for 7 years.

As I've said before, I have no issue with him leaving Cleveland. He had fulfilled his contract, his FO hadn't shown the ability to put together a roster that could help him win a title. He was a free agent and did what 99% of us would do, he left for a better situation.

But the way he did it was about as classless as it gets. I actually liked Lebron when he was in Cleveland the first time and rooted for the Cavs in their first finals. It was an awesome story. But that, followed by several other incidents since then makes it look like he thinks he's bigger than the game...he's not. No one is.

Not even Swaggy P. lol

Strongly disagree.

That was freaking awesome.

It would've been lame if he did all that just to re-sign.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not even Swaggy P. lol
no doubt the "Decision" was classless-- one of the worst things i have seen-- however- Lavar Ball calling out Kyrie for having a dead mom is just out of this world classless.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt the "Decision" was classless-- one of the worst things i have seen-- however- Lavar Ball calling out Kyrie for having a dead mom is just out of this world classless.

Are you fucking kidding me? He did that?

I had seen a couple of references to him saying something about Kyrie's mom, but didn't know what it was and didn't look it up.

Agree, that's a whole other level of classlessness. What a piece of shit.

Kyrie won't do it because he actually does appear to have some class. But I'd love to see him meet up with Lavar and just knock him out.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not even Swaggy P. lol

I get it. It was dumb and it was pretty cruel (intentional or not) from the perspective of CLE fans.

I just think the vitriol goes so far over the top. I mean, one of the most classless things you've ever seen? Are you kidding me? At the end of the day, the difference is that he announced it on TV instead of leaking it to a reporter or writing an article on SI/Players Tribune.

And I don't buy the "better ways to raise money" argument. LeBron has raised plenty of other money - and given some out of his own pocket - for many different causes. But the fact is... ESPN was gonna make millions when his decision was announced - no matter how the news broke. The whole sports world was waiting, ready to tune in whenever the news broke. LeBron's team found a way to take those $8.5 million dollars out of ESPN's pocket and give it the kids.